Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2020, 01:29 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,400 times

Advertisements

https://laist.com/2020/03/13/lausd_c...ing_monday.php

They must really want to pack them like sardines to spread whatever viruses circulate. Wouldn't be surprised if they have an outbreak of something else than Coronavirus as they will just have 40 free facilities open for 12 hours a day to accomodate working parents.

Wow, it seems looks across the country and in LA that they are closing the schools, but are opening massive, crowded family resource centers.

The brilliant LAUSD is closing hundreds of schools, but will have 40 centers to care for the students instead.

They will be open 12 hours a day, so there will twice the time to spread what ever viruses originate from the crowds.

They aren't the only school district doing this either.

Old 03-14-2020, 01:31 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,214,417 times
The Leftists aren’t very bright.

Old 03-14-2020, 01:44 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,763,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw1svqRG5bU

wow Miami mayor tested positive.

It looks it is so easy to get this virus.
Public figures come in contact with lots of people and travel a lot so don't try to extrapolate it to yourself.

You have to also figure one out of every 10,000 people in the US have it. There are probably a million public figures and celebrities in the US, so at least 100 of them have it. The papers like to announce when a public figure gets it and everyone goes, wow, it is easy to catch it, but it just looks easy because they personalized it by putting a name and a face to it.

Just limit your contact with others and wash your hands.

Old 03-14-2020, 02:02 AM

3,824 posts, read 1,779,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My heart goes out to Italy they seem to be experiencing this the worst right now. It was so heartwarming to see that video of Italians singing together on their balconies.

Old 03-14-2020, 03:03 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,605,537 times
When you gotta rely on the generosity of the wealthy, from another country no less, to handle this because our government who is being paid by and using our tax dollars can’t.

Old 03-14-2020, 03:22 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I read that Jeff Bezos made an 11 billion dollar profit last year thru Amazon, and effectively paid no taxes. Now word is out that he is not giving his Whole Foods employees paid time off if they get sick with this virus, and instead said that other employees can donate their paid time off to those affected, even though those same employees share the same risks as those infected!

It just goes to show you that you can have a lot of money and be a miserly jerk like Bezos.

Agree that NBA players are the most generous professional athletes in American sports.

a guy paid 1% of his salary for the year lol. I dont add up my donations because they are usually small and spread out to different charities/organizations. If the players were the saints everyone claims then they would donate 25% of their salary for a single year with each of the low level employees getting 2 months pay up front and the rest is either in an account that could disperse each month for the entirety of the employment disruption or if the nba is back in 3 weeks then the employees can have the money either paid to fund their education for more skills or a small down payment on a residence. These guys are being praised for donating a miniscule amount of their pay that they are actually earning for doing nothing since the games are suspended. If they wanted to make a real difference then they would do something along the lines of what I suggested.

Old 03-14-2020, 03:42 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Same people who spend $750,000 for an apartment for a homeless person.

Old 03-14-2020, 03:49 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
Lack of available testing is making people homeless.

Family member is an EMT in a state with lots of seniors. Senior starts showing symptoms, they call the EMTs. The EMTs take them to the hospital but the doctors say not enough tests and if the senior doesn't show enough symptoms, no test.

The Assisted Living Facility won't take them back because they can't show that they were tested and are clear.

Senior becomes homeless. This is happening right now. Family member very very disturbed by what is happening.

Old 03-14-2020, 03:50 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,797,954 times
In a few hours the very last flight into Palawan Island will land. After this flight, there are 0 planes and 0 ferry boats allowed in or out for 30 days except to deliver food and goods.

I am not saying this is what the US should be doing, however, I do wonder why places like Palawan the Philippines implement these measures and say...the Island of Hawaii does not.

What will be the ramifications of not acting...what are the ramifications of acting?

Surely, the virus can't be kept out of Palawan forever

I honestly don't know.

Old 03-14-2020, 03:56 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,946,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
In a few hours the very last flight into Palawan Island will land. After this flight, there are 0 planes and 0 ferry boats allowed in or out for 30 days except to deliver food and goods.

I am not saying this is what the US should be doing, however, I do wonder why places like Palawan the Philippines implement these measures and say...the Island of Hawaii does not.

What will be the ramifications of not acting...what are the ramifications of acting?

Surely, the virus can't be kept out of Palawan forever

I honestly don't know.
You have said Palawan is an island. If nobody is allowed in, then the virus is also not allowed in. If they don't have any cases yet, sounds smart to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.