Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2020, 08:54 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,511,169 times

Advertisements

Y'all who keep pointing fingers at the other party, "them," the "racist right" and "totalitarian" leftists are doing it wrong. This virus does not care about political ideologies or borders or anything you keep harping on. It will kill anyone. I feel like some of you could be on your deth beds in the hospital of some over crowded hospital arguing with someone over whose fault this is.

All we can do is now is deal with what we got to deal with. Politicas don't matter

Old 03-12-2020, 08:57 AM

30,136 posts, read 11,759,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I really would not put it past evil racist totalitarian China to have released the disease to damage Trump, due to how he hurt them economically with tariffs and so they try to effect our elections.

Except that it started in China and severely damaged their economy. It would be if you are so mad at your next door neighbor you decide to burn their house down. And then first set fire to your house and hope the flames spread.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:58 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Possibly we could do what South Korea is doing.
Specifics?

Old 03-12-2020, 09:00 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,512,122 times
Trump suspends travel from Europe over coronavirus fears

So are the hysterically irresponsible and deceitful Democrat left mass media going to accuse President Trump of being racist against Europeans now, for implementing the same travel restrictions as he did earlier with regards to China?

Old 03-12-2020, 09:02 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Specifics?
Mass testing, and quarantining of those who are infected.

The US has run 11,000 tests total, SK was doing that number a day weeks ago.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:05 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,511,169 times
NASCAR is next. The NHL is having a conference call with all teams at one and has already cancelled all practices for today.
Quote:
Miami-Dade County announced a ban on large gatherings Thursday in an attempt to help contain the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus. NASCAR is set to run Truck Series, Xfinity Series and Cup Series races at Homestead from March 20-22.

Per the county, it is up to NASCAR if it wants to run the races without fans in an attendance, but the county said that, at the moment, the race was postponed. NASCAR is set to issue a statement at 1 p.m. ET regarding future race scheduling.
Miami-Dade County postpones NASCAR races at Homestead-Miami Speedway as a coronavirus precaution

Old 03-12-2020, 09:08 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
LOL. But seriously, I don't understand why the UK got an exemption from the EU travel ban. The UK has 459 reported cases, more than Austria, Belgium, Portugal, Greece, Ireland or Poland, for example. I don't get it.
This is a landmark day. We agree on something.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:08 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Your boy chucky shumer disagrees with you...

https://twitter.com/JarradKushner/st...es-merged.html
So? Doesn't make what I said less true.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:10 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Thank you, Ibginnie. If I may. I will start by saying that in the last thread, I said I wish Trump had not said only the old are affected. I forget how he put it exactly, but basically he was proven wrong an hour later by NBA player Rudy Gorbert This is not political. This is a national health nightmare
It’s not dangerous to young, healthy people is what I thought he meant and I have heard many experts say the same thing. I think most people are going to get exposed to this thing after what I just read. It lives in the air for 3 hours and on plastic and stainless steel surfaces for days. How can you avoid it if you aren’t a complete recluse? It lives on cardboard for 12 hours!

I don’t know how we are going to protect our elderly until the vaccine is perfected in probably 18 months.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:12 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Is there a scientific, medical or fact-based reason for exempting the U.K. from the European travel ban? Or is this a backhanded swipe by Trump at the EU?
Don't forget Trump has a simple minded approach to multi-faceted issues.

He thinks that there isn't as much a risk with UK travelers. UK travelers can travel freely to Europe and not own up to being in France, Italy, Spain, etc....but Trump is simply thinking --- not as many sick people in UK.

I don't think he gets it. It isn't JUST about where the confirmed virus cases are..

I'm perplexed. As Trump was reading a speech last night, on a very serious issue -- a crafted moment meant to reassure the USA and to minimize concern....he was giving misinformation that was being fact checked immediately. And it is perplexing why this would happen.

I get when politicians are speaking off the cuff and they goof up -- it's a good opportunity for a giggle and a meme but this is different.

This was a planned, thought out, event and it had so much misinformation.

It makes you wonder about the communication process, who is deciding what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies