Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2020, 02:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

All Ohioans being laid off from coronavirus will be immediately eligible for unemployment benefits.

If you are ordered under quarantine by a physician or the government you are also eligible for immediate unemployment benefits.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:10 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I will go with Dr. Fauci. And it will hurt all business. Retail has been hurting for quite a while. More big chains will close. Shopping malls will close. There is going to have to be an infusion of money for those out of work because of this.

Of course, we will have to go with that. This is just a discussion and even if we don’t agree we will all be forced to ride this wave. There’s no way to opt out. I do feel awful for those who are losing their jobs and particularly those who were already living paycheck to paycheck.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:10 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
People, think of it this way, if we shut down for 3 weeks, Nobody in nobody out, we lose 3 weeks of our freedom, our country won't be as screwed as Italy.

Poor italy! I am so sad for them and I actually cried for them today! 3590 new cases today after the whole country locked down! WTH!
Due to the incubation period of usually up to 2 weeks, Italy will take a couple of days more before the numbers eventually go down considerably.

This is the time for bold steps, even if it hurts the economy in the short run. Life is more important than money.

I am already rationing my food because I don't know how long supermarkets will remain open.
I don't know how Italians feed themselves frankly. They can't even go and buy food. But healthy food is important to keep people's immune system up.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:11 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
In fact I was watching Fox News after the Trump speech where he ordered a travel ban from Europe and even the reporters said there is going to be flood of people trying to get back here. But you are saying the federal agencies in charge of this needed the Illinois Governor to call and tell them the obvious?

Great, so why did the federal agencies not start ramping up? If you're smart enough to figure it out, and the governor is not....maybe you should be governor.

Please take some of my responses as sarcastic....really...

Quote:
And from what I understand he did all he could to get them to deal with this and beef up staffing. But all he got was a nasty phone call.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/illinois...airport-chaos/

Well, by all your buddies here, the governor does not run the federal portion of his state.....so it's all trumps fault....damn, gotta love being a leftir/dem/lib....

Old 03-15-2020, 02:12 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Due to the incubation period of usually up to 2 weeks, Italy will take a couple of days more before the numbers eventually go down considerably.

This is the time for bold steps, even if it hurts the economy in the short run. Life is more important than money.

I am already rationing my food because I don't know how long supermarkets will remain open.
I don't know how Italians feed themselves frankly. They can't even go and buy food. But healthy food is important to keep people's immune system up.
I think the other EU countries need to step in and help. Is there a way we can donate something to them? I don't mind donating them some money. The only thing I can do.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
All Ohioans being laid off from coronavirus will be immediately eligible for unemployment benefits.

If you are ordered under quarantine by a physician or the government you are also eligible for immediate unemployment benefits.
Good decision. There is no point in sick people going to work just because they are afraid they can't buy food and pay their bills anymore.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:13 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:

And to get back to your other idea. Let low risk work and high risk stay at home. Where is the cutoff for that? Are the police going to pull people over who appear to be violating the order? There are people with health issues that are not apparent by just looking at them. Diabetes and hypertension are two. If an 80 year old walks into Walmart are they going to have to call 911?
Personally I would stay home if I was high risk, no one would have to force me to take care of my own self. They know that kids nine and under either get mild cases or are completely asymptomatic. Kids in general are low risk. There is a risk for those with underlying health issues, possibly in all age groups and those over 60 although the risk increases with age so 80 year olds have a higher risk then 70 year old s and 70 year olds have a higher risk then 60 yer olds.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:14 PM

43,096 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
I think the other EU countries need to step in and help. Is there a way we can donate something to them? I don't mind donating them some money. The only thing I can do.
They are getting help. China has shipped them ventilators and Chinese doctors/nurses are there working.
Doctors without Borders is there too.

The other countries are fighting their own battles trying not to end up like Italy.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Well, the EU provides tens of billions of euros in help. The problem is not so much a money problem, but a logistic one. There simply is not enough medical equipment on the market, nor doctors and nurses. That's why Italy is grateful for the Chinese team of experts that brought lots of equipment with them.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:15 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Good decision. There is no point in sick people going to work just because they are afraid they can't buy food and pay their bills anymore.
Interestingly enough, the Lt. Gov. didn't specify if you actually had to be employed to receive unemployment benefits if placed under quarantine by a physician or the government.

LOL

They'll have to clarify that in the near-future. Watching the press conference right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies