Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2020, 07:05 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,730,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
We aren't a vector but the most likely victim, putting additional burdens on the health care system.

Enjoy home time. If the sun is shining go for a walk, wave at your neighbor......sing do whatever makes you happy and stay away from public places where folks can make you sick.
I get that but when does this lock-down of seniors end? If we are vulnerable now, we are vulnerable in 6 months, and in a year. The isolation of seniors only works if the virus is eradicated but quarantines don't eradicate they just delay the inevitable.

They have to show me that they have this all thought out before I am staying home. Right now it does not look like they have a long range plan and they are just winging it.

If the virus cannot be eradicated, then the plan has to be how do we live with it or at least control the damage. I don't think it can be eradicated but we will find out. SARS miraculously vanished.

In any event I don't live in California so for me it is moot but I feel badly for my fellow boomers.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:05 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,224,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
LOL! I have enough hair for two heads. Not kidding. I've lost my marbles over the years, but the hair isn't going anywhere.
I beat the enemy to the punch. Once I started to lose it I went Kojak.

Hopefully we won't switch from a run on toilet paper to razors.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:06 PM

36,881 posts, read 18,756,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
So who pays the mortgages owed on homes being rented tgat renters arent paying rent on? Or is it ok to screw the owner? And when they get foreclosed on, what then?
Italy has suspended mortages until the crisis is over. We should do that here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51814481

Old 03-15-2020, 07:07 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,368,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I'll take climate change any time. It is an easy problem to fix, all it takes is the wish to do so.
Corona is the opposite, incredibly small, invisible basically, sneaky. We all wish to get rid of it, but can't.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:07 PM

20,830 posts, read 16,972,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
That's what I was thinking, as well. I heard of young physicians in their 20's and 30's being on the frontline in Wuhan, where the constant exposure just overwhelmed their immune system and they just died.

Very sad.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:08 PM

15,826 posts, read 6,643,903 times
Opinion:
Horders like Mr. Colvin can be addressed quickly.
All store chain purchases require a store card be it cash or credit.
Once the name is in the Data Base it can be easily monitored for
restriction if need be.
Pending emergency declarations can prompt local judiciaries to impose
temporary purchasing limitations on all items 2 per person until otherwise posted.
End of problem for those looking to make a quick buck at the expense of the nation.....................

Old 03-15-2020, 07:08 PM

32,847 posts, read 12,115,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgorilla View Post
I believe in capitalism and think this is a great thing.

Also, this is not illegal in Florida. Hand Sanitizer and Clorox cleaning wipes are not essential commodities such as food, gas, water, etc.

The OP lives in Florida, but the subject of the story (the 17k hand sanitizer guy) is in Tennessee (there was already a story on Yahoo! a day or two ago).

Old 03-15-2020, 07:09 PM

18,986 posts, read 8,993,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Yes, she did an outstanding job. Benghazi was a very dangerous place and given the actual result it should be obvious (even partisans) that she wasn't prepared! I think one would be hard-pressed to give her kudos for her performance!
Tell that to lil' Trey Gowdy. He was sweating like a pig at the end of those 11 hours and Hillary was cool, calm and collected. Yep, she definitely has the temperament to handle stress. Trump wouldn't last five minutes under intense partisan questioning, which is why you will never see him testify about anything, ever. Even the Republicans know this.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:09 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,234,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
If the virus cannot be eradicated, then the plan has to be how do we live with it or at least control the damage.
Stagger the infections as to not overwhelm the healthcare system, especially for those that need critical care and ventilators.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:12 PM

6,671 posts, read 3,291,154 times
It's a Catch-22. It's not fair to evict someone because they're laid off because of the virus, but it's also not fair to expect the landlord that may depend on the rental income to bear the burden either.

I'm hoping that the bill Congress is supposed to pass addresses these kinds of situations. If the renter was working they should get some kind of unemployment and should be able to at least pay some of their rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies