Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2020, 07:00 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Here in SoCal yesterday the weather was crappy and the Santa Monica Pier was pretty desolate.

Today the weather improved and when I drove past it to get to my running trail it was much more crowded. Definitely less than a regular Sunday but still busy. So the tourists from middle America are still getting on planes and coming here. That's for sure.

The trail was less than average for a Sunday but not by much. I don't see too many people on it anyway as you have to be in pretty good shape to handle the terrain I tackle.
MY brother in law and his husband were there and now they are stuck at the San Fransisco airport because of a cancelled flight. I get they had this trip booked months before, they are young, but really?

They spent two weeks touring La/San Fran, etc......

7,132 posts, read 4,766,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
It is unbelievable that these sore losers are willing to crash the economy in order to get Trump out of office. Did anyone else notice that the great Coronavirus panic started up, right after Trump was found not guilty and not removed from office, a month ago?
So China, Italy, France, and South Korea are all in on it? I have to hand it to you - why settle for a small conspiracy theory. Go big! Anyway, good luck with it.

15,529 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Washington state 7.5 million people

current cases: 769

That is about 102 cases / per million people

health care system has to be overwhelmed over there already.
My daughter is there, she is so scared. She's staying home (literally not going anywhere), but her boyfriend has to work.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:01 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
All three China, Italy, Iran and Fran didn't 'close the window' fast enough so the curve didn't flatten... using their language not mine.

The Canadian lead health officer said for Canada the window is almost shut and that Canadians needed to social distance and do as they are told NOW before they miss the opportunity.

I suspect it is the same here. That's why the panic to shut things down.

I didn't see the press conference today but I'm not getting that message was as strong as it should have been. I know the Feds cut rates again and Trump thinks this is amazing...and we'll be okay.

But I don't get the if you don't stay away form public places NOW we won't contain this no matter what financial incentives we cook up.

My son works in retail...Target. Don't judge. He is working while he is trying to get his career going....anyway...He said the store was packed todaay. People are bored so they go shopping.

We don't have many in our community -- one person with the virus...but still.......

Friend's daughter manager of a TJ Max in Maine - -she said the store was packed. Same thing -- people are bored so they shop.

i was all about going to restaurants/breweries and supporting our local businesses. I will be ordering in, picking up growlers to take home, gift cards, etc.....and staying at home.

We live at a time when we are so socially connected with all our technology -- this is not hard people.
Please tell your son to be careful. He probably is very careful, but don't let anybody cough on him.

I believe I got this cold from a woman at a grocery store coughing on me. Nasty as hell.

You think people cover their mouth when they cough? Nope. whatever, they don't

Old 03-15-2020, 07:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
This thread is moving so quickly, I can't even find responses to my earlier post that I wanted to reply to.

I get that this isn't like the flu. I look at the way S. Korea is handling it and they seem to be on top of things there. I think if we could emulate what they've done, it would be so much better than what they're doing in Italy. But we can't because we don't have the infrastructure to handle national challenges like this, apparently. Why is that? To be honest, that fact concerns me more than Covid-19 does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Walmart put a pallet out yesterday and according to the store associate, they took them right off the pallet and it never landed on the shelf. Who thinks a quantity limit should be in order here?
Some stores are saying no more than 3 items per family which makes sense.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:03 PM

1,065 posts, read 471,621 times
To think... there's still low-intellect people out there who think this virus exists to drive down the American economy as some plan to screw over Trump. People will continue to surprise me. There's always scum somewhere... and it this case, it's people trying to point blame for the existence of this virus as a hoax to attack our President.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:03 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
My daughter is there, she is so scared. She's staying home (literally not going anywhere), but her boyfriend has to work.
I feel for her. At the end of the day, I think as long as they pay attention, they should be okay.

Hope for the best. My uncle is an emergency room doctor, he is not scared, but I think he has a different personality . lol

They tell the older folks to stay home, well, my uncle is 64 years old. That's why when I hear folks (especially the old ones) saying that they will travel again, I was just like, "Oh really?ooooook enjoy then."

Old 03-15-2020, 07:05 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
This is somehow considered bad presidenting?
The entire world is facing a crisis. This should not be exclusive to one country.

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/18...ine-surpremacy

Reminds me of Titanic when the guy payed for a lifeboat...
And they’ve replied ——

7,489 posts, read 4,953,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post

Reminds me of Titanic when the guy payed for a lifeboat...
Dreadful! This attitude should push the USA to the bottom of the pile, end of the line, no rights to cash in on a vaccine.
"According to the paper, US President Donald Trump is trying to poach German scientists working on an experimental vaccine against a global health threat that has now killed some 5,500 people with a view to having an exclusive licence rolled out in the United States.

Such a vaccine would be "only for the United States," a source close to the German government told Die Welt, though Berlin would reportedly is looking to make offers of its own to biotech firm CureVac, based in the German state of Thuringia."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies