Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2020, 11:07 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times

Advertisements

Pearl Jam cancelled their tour.

Nuke the coronavirus!!!!

Old 03-11-2020, 11:08 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memph View Post
Using this chart of death rate by age(which I think is based off Chinese COVID-19 case outcomes), and each country's demographic profiles, I estimated what the expected overall average death rate would be (all other things equal).

Expected COVID-19 death rate based on age profile of each country:
China: 1.35%
South Korea: 1.83%
United States: 1.85%
Italy: 2.64%

So part of the reason why Italy has such a high apparent death rate could definitely be that they're not testing mild cases anymore, and that the healthcare system is getting overwhelmed, but the large elderly population is definitely a factor as well.

Expected average age of death based on the same model:

China: 68
South Korea: 71
United States: 73
Italy: 76
Interesting. Within the 10-19 age group, it's more than twice as deadly as this year's flu -- which unfortunately is a nastier than usual strain of flu.

It's good to know the numbers.

Old 03-11-2020, 11:10 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
19 known cases, 17 of them active in Illinois, most of that is in Chicago. The other 2 that are now recovered were the first diagnosed cases in the USA I believe.

Good call flying into Midway instead of O'Hare. I wanna be in an airport about as much as I want a hole in the head at this point, but at least you went with the smaller, less crowded one.

Suggestion: Take a good Vitamin D supplement and Airborne or something like it every day. Wash hands for 20 seconds. Get some eye drops and flush your eyes if you feel an itch. Keep safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5yVGmfivAk
I literally been taking vitamin d and eating as many greens as I can lol . I’m going to have wife and son with . We have a protocol . I have medical grade wipes that kill corona virus . We are going to back of plane putting gloves and wiping everything down . Even when we go through security . Only one of us will grab the items from bins and wipe down everything with medical wipes . We also have some masks just in case someone is coughing or etc ... might sound ocd but we’re running protocol .. and coronavirus is not stopping me from having my Chicago pizza and gyros .. I’ve been following that guy . Think he said 18% decrease in chances if vitamin d is up ? I’m hoping for the best . I know we will be ok.

That photo of the terminal is Erie tho . Never seen ohare like that....

Old 03-11-2020, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
Once again, Fake News except Jim is a hottie and Trump is an old "grab em by the" ....ick.
Trump is a stereotypical high school bully -- the kind that's one of the popular kids that gets the whole school tormenting one kid.

Doesn't change the fact that Jim Acosta is massively in love with himself and has no business being a journalist. Journalists are supposed to report the news. Jim Acosta's biggest goal in life is to be the news so he can report on himself.

Old 03-11-2020, 11:13 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I literally been taking vitamin d and eating as many greens as I can lol . I’m going to have wife and son with . We have a protocol . I have medical grade wipes that kill corona virus . We are going to back of plane putting gloves and wiping everything down . Even when we go through security . Only one of us will grab the items from bins and wipe down everything with medical wipes . We also have some masks just in case someone is coughing or etc ... might sound ocd but we’re running protocol .. and coronavirus is not stopping me from having my Chicago pizza and gyros .. I’ve been following that guy . Think he said 18% decrease in chances if vitamin d is up ? I’m hoping for the best . I know we will be ok.

That photo of the terminal is Erie tho . Never seen ohare like that....
It was almost unbelievable...I’ve been to O’Hare at least a dozen times and it’s always been uncomfortably crowded.

Old 03-11-2020, 11:14 PM

17,357 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
How are people doing in Chicago ? I’m flying there Tuesday .... there’s not 1 reported case in our city so far . Luckily I’m going into midway . Any panic out there ?
Midway was a ghost town at arrivals today around noon.

It was weird.

Old 03-11-2020, 11:19 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Midway was a ghost town at arrivals today around noon.

It was weird.
Totally weird , especially for spring break .
I’m hoping they are sanitizing the crap outta the place lol.. we’re even going to wipe the rental car down with these medical grade wipes .

Southwest and Avis both messaged me and said they are cleaning planes and cars daily blah blah blah but that’s at the end of the day .. who knows what the hell happens with germs from day to day .... I would hate to be a flight attendant right now

Old 03-11-2020, 11:19 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,067,311 times
I love Jim.

You love Trump.

Carry on.

Night.

Old 03-11-2020, 11:20 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,749,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The dumbasses in China are about to be responsible for killing a lot of people because they're so incompetent. Coronavirus wouldn't be a thing if it weren't for them. If Acosta has a problem with calling a spade a spade, then to hell with him!! If Trump keeps reminding the world that it's all China's screw up by calling it Kung Flu instead, I'd say pin a medal on the guy. I'm so sick of everyone going all spineless "because China." We can call the 1918 pandemic "The Spanish Flu" so why is even something so bold as calling this the Chinese Flu some kind of unforgivable sin?

Jim Acosta sure does love him some Jim Acosta. Trump might be narcissistic, but Acosta is a guy who can actually beat him at that game.
But except for the province of origin (Hubei Province), none of the Chinese provinces gets as bad as France, Germany, or Spain. Not to mention Italy.
Therefore China did make a lot of efforts to stop it.

(Many Chinese provinces have a higher population than Italy.)

Old 03-11-2020, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
I love Jim.

You love Trump.

Carry on.

Night.
LOL, I think Trump is a pompous ass!! I just happen to think the Jim Acosta is an even more pompous ass, which is crossing a very high bar of assholishness.

But yeah. Apparently I just love Donald Trump ... Hahahaha!!

Did somebody create a rule that says you have to like Jim Acosta if you don't like Trump and vice versa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies