Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2020, 01:36 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I want to know how COVID-19 spread from China (where all of it originated) to other countries all over the world.

Mysteriously, there is a lack of information about this for God knows what reason.
Not mysteriously. Like I said, I've read what they think is patient 0 for most countries, over the last month. On WOM they list any known source. Like "one new case Hawaii, patient returned from Italy" etc. The info is out there is you want to go get it.

It's not covered a lot, because it really is not pertinent to getting this under control.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-17-2020, 01:37 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Our first case was someone returning from China.

Then you had all the Americans that went to Italy to go skiing.
One in Texas came back from Iran.

Travelers from all over came and went via airlines/cruise ships.
AND there were others before that one person that probably was carrying.

That second basketball player identified as having the virus said he had not one symptom. He felt fine and owuld never have known he had the virus.

That's part of the problem. When we get the flu bug we know it -- we stay home because we are sick or we know enough to say - oh don't hug me today I'm not feeling great.

This you may not have any clue.

Hence the problem with people refusing to just stay away.

I'm young and healthy I'm fine...but that person may be sharing the virus with everyone.

Old 03-17-2020, 01:37 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Joe Biden stated that the China travel restriction was racist and xenophobic.

I bet you're going to vote for him in November anyway.
It was, because it wasn't restricting Americans from traveling back and forth, only Chinese.

Old 03-17-2020, 01:39 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Well they're indicating pangolins for this now, not bats.
Actually, they think it jumped from bats to pangolins to humans, like with SARS, it jumped from bats to civet cats to humans. So yes, COVID-19 entered humans possibly from pangolins, but the pangolin got it ultimately from bats.

Bats are also where Ebola came from.

Old 03-17-2020, 01:40 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Not mysteriously. Like I said, I've read what they think is patient 0 for most countries, over the last month. On WOM they list any known source. Like "one new case Hawaii, patient returned from Italy" etc. The info is out there is you want to go get it.

It's not covered a lot, because it really is not pertinent to getting this under control.
ACTUALLY -=- it has been covered because the lack of community spread would indicate it was easy to contain.

Upstate South Carolina -- one person got it and they have not been able to identify how they got it -- what the source is. That one person has now infected over 20 people so far......

The one person here in Charleston County had traveled to Germany and had trouble getting tested because Italy was the only 'known' hot spot at the time and the federal govt. had such strict guidelines. Local ;health officials were not allowed to make their own decision to test or not. Eventually once all flus were eliminated, they conceded tested and found her to be positive.

Old 03-17-2020, 01:40 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
The official numbers show that US cases have increased five fold in just one week. That’s even faster than the doubling every four days rate we were looking at earlier.

Old 03-17-2020, 01:41 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
you need to read WHO website myth buster page
Denmark had their first case on 2/27. They are just joining the fray.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...c/myth-busters

Cold weather and snow CANNOT kill the new coronavirus.
No, but certainly colder climates have some impact on people's immune system. Humans are not all identical. Some ethnic groups are more vulnerable to certain diseases than others are.
While climate might not influence infection rates, it might influence the severity of the disease.

Scandinavian countries might have joined late, but they already have lots of cases relative to their populations, roughly between 1k and 1.5k.

Old 03-17-2020, 01:42 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
I'm sorry to say that none of the medical experts agree with your uncle.
Total containment of everyone is what they are all saying.
Exactly!

Old 03-17-2020, 01:42 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
I want to know how COVID-19 spread from China (where all of it originated) to other countries all over the world.

Mysteriously, there is a lack of information about this for God knows what reason.
Air travel. Lots of people always needing to go somewhere.

Old 03-17-2020, 01:43 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The official numbers show that US cases have increased five fold in just one week. That’s even faster than the doubling every four days rate we were looking at earlier.
People still are thinking in terms of linear, not exponential.

The doubling was a conservative model. I've seen 4x reported as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies