Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 01:48 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times

Advertisements

A small sampling of #Walk Away Republicans:

Cindy McCain, the widow of Senator John McCain

John Kasich, the former governor of Ohio
“I’ve known Joe,” Mr. Kasich said on CNN. “I’ve known him for 30 years. I know the kind of guy he is.”

Colin Powell, the former secretary of state: Mr. Powell announced in June that he would vote for Mr. Biden. He said that Mr. Trump “lies about things”

Miles Taylor, a former chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security
: Mr. Taylor endorsed Mr. Biden, saying that the president was “actively doing damage to our security” and that what he had witnessed Mr. Trump do as chief executive “was terrifying.”

Christine Whitman
, a former governor of New Jersey: Ms. Whitman was one of the few Republicans speaking at the Democratic National Convention.

Meg Whitman
, the chief executive of Quibi: A former senior official for both of Mitt Romney’s presidential campaigns and a former Republican candidate for governor of California

Susan Molinari, a former congresswoman from New York: Ms. Molinari spoke at the convention, as well.

Carly Fiorina, a 2016 presidential candidate: Ms. Fiorina has said she will support Mr. Biden because he is “a person of humility and empathy and character.”

Representative Francis Rooney of Florida
: Mr. Rooney has said he was considering supporting Mr. Biden partly because Mr. Trump was “driving us all crazy” and because the president’s handling of the coronavirus led to a death toll that “didn’t have to happen.”

“A lot of people that voted for President Trump did so because they did not like Hillary Clinton,” Mr. Rooney said. “I don’t see that happening with Joe Biden — how can you not like Joe Biden?”

Charlie Dent, a former congressman from Pennsylvania: Mr. Dent endorsed Mr. Biden on CNN, saying “this isn’t about right or left — for me, it’s about right and wrong.”

More than 70 top Republican national security officials: Hours before Mr. Biden accepted the Democratic nomination, the officials released a letter stating that they would be voting for Mr. Biden in November and that Mr. Trump was “unfit to lead.” Among the signatories were former Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel; Michael Hayden, the former C.I.A. and N.S.A. director; John Negroponte, the former director of national intelligence; and William Webster, the former director of the C.I.A. and the F.B.I.

Jeff Flake, the former senator from Arizona: Earlier this year, Mr. Flake had said that he would not be supporting Mr. Trump in November, but he is now part of a group of former Republican members of Congress who say they will be voting for Mr. Biden.

Gordon Humphrey, the former senator from New Hampshire: In 2017, Mr. Humphrey said that the president was “delusional and unfit to lead.”

John Warner, the former senator from Virginia

Former Representative Steve Bartlett of Texas

Former Representative William Clinger Jr. of Pennsylvania

Former Representative Tom Coleman of Missouri

Former Representative Charles Djou of Hawaii
: Mr. Djou left the Republican Party in 2018 because, he said, Mr. Trump was taking the party in a direction he “fundamentally” disagreed with. He endorsed Mr. Biden the first morning of the Republican convention.

Mickey Edwards, a writer and a former Oklahoma congressman: In 2019, Mr. Edwards was part of a group of 19 former G.O.P. members who denounced Mr. Trump’s border wall as “unconstitutional.”

And many, many more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 02:30 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,418,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. Whats funny is just how many Republican staff members have shown up and said they are walking away from Trump. Its stunning.

You mean the ones that were lucky enough NOT to catch Covid by following Trumps no mask rules.

Old 11-01-2020, 02:33 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,212,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
A little James Gang tune DOES sound good right now. Thanks for the suggestion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KK9cVZvg0M

The recorded version is better than live -- and sounds great on Bose 501's.

Old 11-01-2020, 03:02 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
The beauty of being an Independent means I don't have to walk away from anything. I can stand my ground and vote for which candidate and issues I prefer in any election. It's ideal!

Old 11-01-2020, 03:06 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
If you are not walking away from the candidates, you should be walking away (at minimum) from some of the followers.

Here’s a Democrat hoping the children of police officers get “raped and killed.”

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/s...70814703050753

Old 11-01-2020, 03:12 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,375 times
#LolNope

Old 11-01-2020, 03:21 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Colin Powell, the former secretary of state: Mr. Powell announced in June that he would vote for Mr. Biden. He said that Mr. Trump “lies about things”

LOL...guy lied us into a literal war!

But I suppose crowd size is more important

Old 11-01-2020, 03:21 PM

299 posts, read 255,663 times
I'm a moderate and lately I've been voting Democrat in the national elections and Republican in local/state elections. I think as each party drifts further and further away from the center there will be a lot of people walking away from both of them.

Old 11-01-2020, 03:25 PM

151 posts, read 113,758 times
I walked away. The 'critical-race' inspired Dem party is unrecognizable.

Old 11-01-2020, 03:40 PM

9,093 posts, read 6,314,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If you are not walking away from the candidates, you should be walking away (at minimum) from some of the followers.

Here’s a Democrat hoping the children of police officers get “raped and killed.”

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/s...70814703050753

I was an independent and centrist for many years. I even voted for Democrats as recently as 2004 but with the rise of Nasty Pelosi, Twitter and all the general scum of the San Francisco area as a stronghold within the Democrat party, I have walked away from the center and moved to the right. The San Francisco area is extremely toxic and it must be opposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies