Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 12:02 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Funny how Trump and his supporters pumped the economy and the stock market. Now the entire thing is crashing overnight. It's easy to juice the economy on sugar highs of some tax cuts and rate cuts, but look at what happens when the temporary high ends. The crash is hard. Companies thought the economy could only go up and up and up and fueled their spending with record amounts of corporate debt due to very low interest rates. Uh oh, now they're all screwed by both huge supply shocks and demand shocks. Their balance sheets are going to explode with debt that they won't be able to pay, which mean jobs losses are coming.

So what exactly does Trump have to show for 4 years of 'brilliant' work? He's blown up the deficit by giving out tax cuts when they weren't needed. The deficf will now get even worse because he wants even more tax cuts now that's economy is tanking, and deficits will get worse due to decreased tax receipts. He's mired in a never ending trade war he doesn't know how to get out of. He has made the US a laughing stock by pulling out of the Iran, Paris, and Asian deals. He's completely bungled the pandemic response, and the US still doesn't have good testing even though a country like South Korea could do it.

The only thing Trump creates is chaos. His luck has finally run out and he will no.longer be able to campaign on a platform of a good economy. Worst president ever.
All I can say is the last 4 years have been incredible for my wife's career (finance) , mine has done well, our investments have done well, and our home value had gone up enough we decided to sell and buy a new home. Up until COVID hit , we've had an exceptional 4 years. We couldn't have picked a better time to move away from the city and the insanity that has been going on. We are now 40 miles away from it and our subdivision all has 2 acre or more lots. We couldn't be happier.
I will say though, it was ramping up from the disaster that was '08...spent a year out of work. So it can only go up from that , although, I still haven't made it back up to my pre '08 salary. Things are still well though.

Trump will be getting our votes, no need to change things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 12:19 PM

191 posts, read 91,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Arguably one of the stupidest posts I've read on CD P&OC.

No, Obama didn't '"launch" the economic recovery.

Rebound from recession did that (it always does).

Had Obama never been born, the economy would have rebounded.
But Trump inherited a decent economy with a shrinking deficit.

Quote:
Economic growth accelerated under Trump's policies.

Deficits, as measured in constant 2012 dollars, started increasing in 2015.
The same way Bush Jr's policies did, loose money and rising deficits. Trump did have a significant tech boom during his time, which I can say lower taxes, loose money, a less regulation helped fuel; Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Apple, etc boomed.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:22 PM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times
He just did one thing that was enough for me to vote for him again...

Cause liberals great distress and many of them to succumb to Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Priceless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies