Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 01:57 PM

839 posts, read 735,467 times

Advertisements

https://www.newsweek.com/dennis-prag...g-left-1487284

Political Correctness Bad. Liberals Bad.

Quote:
Conservative radio host and founder of PragerU, Dennis Prager said that the left had made it "impossible" to say the n-word, even to decry its usage, on his radio show Thursday.

In response to a phone call to The Dennis Prager Show about racial hate and anti-Semitism in America, Prager addressed a question about why he chose to say "the n-word" before using a slur for Jewish people in a previous segment about the private racism and anti-Semitism of former presidents Harry Truman and Richard Nixon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 02:14 PM

2,495 posts, read 867,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelondon View Post
https://www.newsweek.com/dennis-prag...g-left-1487284

Quote:
Conservative radio host and founder of PragerU, Dennis Prager said that the left had made it "impossible" to say the n-word, even to decry its usage, on his radio show Thursday.

In response to a phone call to The Dennis Prager Show about racial hate and anti-Semitism in America, Prager addressed a question about why he chose to say "the n-word" before using a slur for Jewish people in a previous segment about the private racism and anti-Semitism of former presidents Harry Truman and Richard Nixon.
Dennis Prager is Jewish. He's also a champion of free speech, like you should be.

Old 02-14-2020, 02:23 PM

15,848 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Is it bad to call a Jewish person nig-gardly? Asking for a friend...

Old 02-14-2020, 02:27 PM

5,111 posts, read 2,052,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
Dennis Prager is Jewish. He's also a champion of free speech, like you should be.
So, that mean it's also idiotic if we can't said the "K-word"?

Btw, that reminds me of that South Park clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWn1l7aUps4

Old 02-14-2020, 04:21 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelondon View Post

Well this part is correct.

Old 02-14-2020, 04:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Prager will just have to get over it. The answer is a resounding “NO.” he can’t use the term openly.

I don’t know why people wanna keep fighting battles that have been settled already. It’s a done deal. Sure, say it to other whites if you must, but calling a black person the n-word is just gonna cause unnecessary issues that no one needs.

Just leave it alone. It’s not worth it.

Old 02-14-2020, 04:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
I don’t know why he needs to use the n-word on a show about anti Semitism. What’s the point?

Old 02-14-2020, 04:42 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Prager will just have to get over it. The answer is a resounding “NO.” he can’t use the term openly.

I don’t know why people wanna keep fighting battles that have been settled already. It’s a done deal. Sure, say it to other whites if you must, but calling a black person the n-word is just gonna cause unnecessary issues that no one needs.

So I assume you are part of the liberal crowd who wants to ban schools from letting students read Huck Finn
b/c the book has characters using the n word?

Old 02-14-2020, 04:43 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
I think it depends on the context and who is saying it.

Quentin Tarentino uses it in a film (110 times ), seems to be accepted.

When a conservative a-hole says it, not accepted.

Old 02-14-2020, 04:56 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Yeah I don't see what the big deal is either. There are many words we don't say in public. Like you I am a vet and after boot, the F word was used like a comma. Some things are just not said in polite company.

The N word isn't just another word. It has historic significance. It is a word that was used to dehumanize 1 specific race. All whites know this. We know it just like we know not to use the C word in front of our wives, mothers or daughters. I could be wrong but that word is also no allowed to be spoken on air.

The N word and blacks using it. Given that it is a slur that was created against blacks, I am confident that blacks know when to use it, how to use it, and should be allowed to decide who can or can't use it.

I never have the desire to use the word. Their are plenty of adjectives to describe blacks that I don't like without making it a racist insult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies