Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 06:36 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
an incoherent rambling about impeachment and COVID-19 doesn't equal the discussion.
It doesn't? You should tell that to the OP. What does "equal the discussion", then? I was doing nothing more than addressing the OP's claims, if you or Chuck or anyone else would like to discuss something else, a new thread would probably be most appropriate.

Quote:
your "obviously" is just your opinion or read on the situation, yes?
Yes, that was meant to convey they it is obvious to me. I also feel it's obvious to any reasonable person with a solid grasp of the English language, but that's open for debate.

Quote:
the quote, from your link, includes - "they're working hard".
Yes, it does and I'm sure it's true. And?

Quote:
I just really don't get the need to politicize this virus, from both sides.
That's something we both agree on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 06:43 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Don't make excuses. Trump was downplaying covid as recently as this week, and calling it a hoax last week. OP timeline is WAY off.

That said, I shall focus on what I can do to protect me and my family, and mitigate damage for my employer. Blame does no good, but this thread is incorrect in many ways. I hope cool heads prevail.
Do you have a link for where last week he called the existence of the virus a hoax? Any week where he proclaimed the virus itself didn't exist, but was rather a fictional creation of the Democrats or the media

Old 03-13-2020, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
It doesn't? You should tell that to the OP. What does "equal the discussion", then? I was doing nothing more than addressing the OP's claims, if you or Chuck or anyone else would like to discuss something else, a new thread would probably be most appropriate.
to be clear, the very first post was the incoherent rambling.

Old 03-13-2020, 06:47 AM

Quote:
to be clear, the very first post was the incoherent rambling.
That was the way I took your post, yes. I appreciate the clarity, though.

Old 03-13-2020, 06:57 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
So during the time the administration should have been 100% on this virus they had to deal with an impeachment trial. I guess the media and dems don’t want that mentioned now do they? And the president still restricted travel from china during that time while getting criticized for that too. Now all these threads on here saying how bad a job he is doing protecting americans. Libs and media needs to stop this political bs before they crash our economy. But that might just be their goal..
So you are saying that Covid-19 is the Dems fault, because the impeachment so distracted Trump that he couldn't focus on the outbreak? Are you kidding me? It didn't stop him from spending 11 days in December and 6 days in January at his golf club. https://trumpgolfcount.com/displayoutings. Plus, just think of how many hours each day he spends watching Fox News and tweeting about it.

Old 03-13-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
So you are saying that Covid-19 is the Dems fault, because the impeachment so distracted Trump that he couldn't focus on the outbreak? Are you kidding me? It didn't stop him from spending 11 days in December and 6 days in January at his golf club. https://trumpgolfcount.com/displayoutings. Plus, just think of how many hours each day he spends watching Fox News and tweeting about it.
Reps to you - I was wondering how many days during the impeachment he spent at Mar a Lago.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
That was the way I took your post, yes. I appreciate the clarity, though.
i do enjoy being able to disagree with you without being disagreeable. I suppose not viewing everything through a partisan lens helps us both there

Old 03-13-2020, 07:22 AM

Quote:
i do enjoy being able to disagree with you without being disagreeable. I suppose not viewing everything through a partisan lens helps us both there
Right back at you. And, yes, I suspect you're right on the underlying reason. I can strongly disagree with someone on one or more issues and not have any dislike for them as a person. Sadly, that seems all too uncommon these days.

Kudos to you for being part of the solution, rather than part of the problem.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:43 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Do you have a link for where last week he called the existence of the virus a hoax? Any week where he proclaimed the virus itself didn't exist, but was rather a fictional creation of the Democrats or the media
He called the media coverage of it a hoax at his rally. Might have been the week before, I don't know or care. But the media has covered the news: the virus, the reaction, the overreaction. It's their job. If you want to play the "he didn't call the virus a hoax, just the coverage" that's your choice.

We can play the semantics game, but up until his address to the nation, he was clearly downplaying the seriousness of it. If you disagree with that, then we'll have to agree to disagree. Like I said, I'm spending less time blaming, and more time doing what I can to minimize impact to self, family, friends, employer, and thereby doing a small part to help not spread it. If I'm wrong, I can live with that.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:47 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
He called the media coverage of it a hoax at his rally. Might have been the week before, I don't know or care. But the media has covered the news: the virus, the reaction, the overreaction. It's their job. If you want to play the "he didn't call the virus a hoax, just the coverage" that's your choice.

We can play the semantics game, but up until his address to the nation, he was clearly downplaying the seriousness of it. If you disagree with that, then we'll have to agree to disagree. Like I said, I'm spending less time blaming, and more time doing what I can to minimize impact to self, family, friends, employer, and thereby doing a small part to help not spread it. If I'm wrong, I can live with that.
He was tweeting favorable comparisons of CV-19 to the flu until a few days ago. Anyone who is claiming that Trump was doing anything but downplaying the severity of the problem up until this week is a liar and just running interference for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies