Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2020, 11:26 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I haven't found any good in Trump..
I like to ask leftists to name 3 things they give credit to Trump for? None can. Then I ask for the 1 thing they give Trump credit for? Nope. Again they draw a blank. Then I ask them if Castro was all bad? No, Castro pushed literacy programs and lunches in public schools for children. What about Stalin? Stalin built a fantastic infrastructure in the USSR & was a patron of the arts. Mao Tse Tung? Oh he created a more fair & equal country for the poor. The most violent, tyrannical, Communist dictators of the past 100 years all have positive qualities that the leftists can rattle off on demand, but they can't name a single thing Trump has done that isn't horrific. It truly is a mental disorder they suffer from.

Old 03-15-2020, 11:30 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Just a rehash of a tired claim, this has a mortality rate 10 times the flu and we have no vaccine or cure until well into next year. One thing we can agree on is that we were unprepared and although it might not matter who is president Trump has made all the wrong statements along with his cabinet. This is not a hoax, this I not a panic generated by the MSM it is a serious problem and both Trump and the health care agencies have failed. The majority of blame goes to the health care system but Trump has lacked leadership but he seems to be untrack now.
You have no idea what the mortality rate is, nor do you care to admit that there are factors such as age of the population, population density, % of heavy smokers, quality of health care that factor into it & most importantly, the number of people not reporting their symptoms.

You are one of the most unreasonable partisan hacks on this site. Trump has literally never done a single thing right according to you. Your opinion is worthless on anything Trump touches.

Old 03-15-2020, 03:07 PM

2,400 posts, read 754,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Well, that and he handled stuff like a leader. Tough times, lots of death and.panic, but he didn't flub it like Trump. Trump's denying covid is even a problem. His verifiable lies. His lack of leadership is what OP is missing.. probably intentionally.
I'm pretty sure the focus of his administration was getting Harriet Tubman's mug on the $20 bill during the Swine Flu pandemic. I can't really remember him addressing it at all.

Old 03-15-2020, 05:51 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I like to ask leftists to name 3 things they give credit to Trump for? None can. Then I ask for the 1 thing they give Trump credit for? Nope. Again they draw a blank. Then I ask them if Castro was all bad? No, Castro pushed literacy programs and lunches in public schools for children. What about Stalin? Stalin built a fantastic infrastructure in the USSR & was a patron of the arts. Mao Tse Tung? Oh he created a more fair & equal country for the poor. The most violent, tyrannical, Communist dictators of the past 100 years all have positive qualities that the leftists can rattle off on demand, but they can't name a single thing Trump has done that isn't horrific. It truly is a mental disorder they suffer from.
I can name one and that is trying to crush the opioid epidemic but even that was on drug deals not the drug companies who get people initially hooked on the opioids in the first place. Hell, I applauded a number of his stances in temporary help with Corona virus, that said again, he isn't going far enough.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
When relatively few are affected, or especially die from this Flu, and the utter ridiculousness of the Media and Democrats (same thing) is seen, then maybe people will realize the huge conflict of interest, and hypocrisy that exists.
Covid is not flu! I really wish people would accept that. Different viruses, not related.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:25 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Covid is not flu! I really wish people would accept that. Different viruses, not related.
But Rush Limbaugh keeps saying it is!!!!1!! Didn’t you hear, he’s the voice of God!!1! /s

Old 03-15-2020, 08:15 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
But Rush Limbaugh keeps saying it is!!!!1!! Didn’t you hear, he’s the voice of God!!1! /s
Ironically he also said smoking cigarettes dont cause cancer.

Old 03-15-2020, 08:54 PM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times
My opinions remains firm.

*It is not being overblown by the media. It's real and the cases are doubling twice a week. It will not go away. Not until there is a vaccine or everyone has been exposed.

*Business will suffer all over the world, and stock prices will continue to fall.

*Trump has done everything that can be done. No one could have stopped this from happening.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:18 PM

17,605 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ironically he also said smoking cigarettes dont cause cancer.
He's not wrong about that. Cancer is genetic.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:28 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Yet you did not have the MSM (nor Republicans) attacking Obama over it like they are doing to Trump.
Then this obviously means Republicans didn't have much to criticize him for because God knows no opportunities were wasted on that front. Before the man even got into office, Republicans in Congress decided to engage in unprecedented levels of obstructionism as part of their number one goal of making Obama a one-term president.

The fact of the matter is that when it comes to any outbreak or pandemic, there will naturally be some missteps when it comes to plans and processes; that is to be expected (and still warrants criticism). In such instances, the president's number one job is to instill confidence by urging calm, relaying scientifically accurate information, taking responsibility, etc. Trump hasn't done much of that whatsoever to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies