Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2020, 04:59 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times

Advertisements

Many women just want a man to take care of them. Any sacrifices they make are ok by them.

Old 03-13-2020, 05:29 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I fail to see how my acceptance of the Christian religion has anything to do with the culture that says man rules.
That culture stems directly from the Christian religion.

If you don't accept the Christian teaching, just don't pretend to be part of Christianity and be done with it, instead of inventing your own, more convenient brand of Christianity.

Quote:
Some think it was John with all that keep your head covered and your mouth shut.

Some think it started when Lilllth refused be subservient to Adam and left the Garden.

So yes, the patriarchy started way before the time of Jesus.

Oh but Lillith is NOT part of the New Testament, and therefore can't be a reference in Christianity.

Lillith ( with all her insubordination) - this goes to Jewish women ( and I am sure some other ethnicities.)

But they were the part of a group that was subjected to Holocaust, Islam (just a guess,) slavery, and a lot of other *unpleasantries* I'm sure.

It all comes with the territory.

Old 03-13-2020, 05:34 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,375 times
Gross.

Just when I thought I had seen it all....

Old 03-13-2020, 06:23 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
They were all men, sorry to ruin your "argument". BTW, none of them ever asked what "time of the month" it was for me either. Nor did the Navy IG, who accepted all of my case findings, even when I overturned a previous investigation's conclusion.
Why get emotional, Don't take it too hard. It is Biological. Estrogen v. Testosterone.

Old 03-13-2020, 06:25 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I agree that alot of women operate on emotions. I've seen it in person. On the flip side, I've seen men run on emotion. Alot of people, both male and female, aren't stable.
It is "The Year of the BETA ****"

Old 03-13-2020, 06:56 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:
Woke early this morning deciding to surprise my wife with breakfast.
Oh no......I was out of milk.
Drove to the store.......mind you it is only 6 a.m. in the morning.
Found the parking lot surprisingly filled to capacity. Wondered why?

Once inside I was shocked to see nothing but women of all ages up and down the aisles
dragging their carts as they appeared ready to burst.
All this because of a Corona Virus scare? Are you kidding?

Can this be the true definition of the women's movement?

I was upset to see many of these women with cargo in tow at the tiny self checkout
counters of 10 items or less only. So much for rule of law....

After a good 45 minute wait and a not so cold container of milk I made my purchase and exited
the store. Arrived home and now pressed for time quickly made breakfast. My wife enjoys a cup
of coffee along side a small bowl of cereal.

I'm greeted with a good morning kiss and the first words out of her mouth after swallowing
a spoonful of cereal?
" Why is the milk warm"...............

Observation:
After watching the news on Donald Trump being in such close proximity with a number of
diplomats and refusing to get tested for Corona .....reminded me of an old hero cowboy John Wayne.
Men display only cautioned concern while women always take things to the emotional extremes.
Make me glad why women do not have control of that big red button in office.

To those conspiracy theorists who believe this was a foreign plant to destroy the economy?
Far greater results were uncovered.
Any nation that lets its women rule its people can easily be defeated without firing a single bullet.
All one needs to do is merely trigger the female emotions.

What is your opinion?
Inquiring minds would like to know.........................
I agree with you based on my 39 years of marriage (3+3+35) and dealing with mood swings and sometimes completely irrational concerns. Men tend to be more pragmatic, particularly in stressful situations. However, I believe you may take a beating on this one depending on how many women read it.

Old 03-13-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
So... you're a sexist?
Third comment out of the chute. That didn't take long

Old 03-13-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
In the Trump era, most people believe that white Christian men belong in all positions of authority and that women are to cook and clean and be submissive to their husbands.
Can you quantify that statement with empirical data? If not it is an opinion, not a statement of fact.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Women run on emotions....
Men run on facts and reason. Been like that since the beginning of time.
Thank you!!!

Old 03-13-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
ROFL! Yer funny.

People run on emotions. Others run on facts and reason. It's not gender specific.
I would say it is not absolutely gender specific, but men do tend to operate on fact and reason more than women, and I believe there is data to support that. No, I'm not going to cite a source. It's based on my many years of living with women and many years of working in a predominantly female environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies