Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 09:12 PM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
It is sad that Americans do not have the common sense to not go to Mexico but even my friends do it so far I have not gotten a ransom call
What's common sense have to do with it? Border towns are no more dangerous, for American Tourists that is, than any city in the U.S. 600 people shot at in Las Vegas at an outdoor music concert, shall I remind people!

Many go to the Border towns for dental work, as I do, and to buy cheaper medicine. It would impossible to enforce this in a city like Tijuana, which is nothing more than a huge suburb of San Diego. Americans living more cheaply in Tijuana, but working in San Diego every day. As well as Americans working in Tijuana everyday, like Doctors who have dual offices in both San Diego and Tijuana. Biomedical companies, in San Diego, have maquiladora's in Tijuana as well.

Old 03-14-2020, 09:14 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,589,470 times
There is some evidence the Coronavirus started in the United States, so this might be prudent on Mexico's part. Probably Canada's as well.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:27 AM

8,331 posts, read 2,961,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
I have a dentist appointment for a routine cleaning on Wednesday in Nogales, Sonora MX, so I hope Mexico doesn't close the border.

I also want to go shopping for items that are lately unavailable at stores here in Tucson. Simple stuff to protect against coronavirus like isopropyl alcohol, surgical face masks, sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer, and maybe some TP since that is also gone from our shelves. Why do the store shelves look like Venezuela here in the USA? It is humbling for me as a US citizen to have to go shopping in another country to buy basic items like these.

And yes, it would be a bummer if the border were closed to cargo shipments from Mexico, because a huge percentage of the fresh veggies consumed in the southwest USA and many other parts of the US are shipped north from the Mexican states of Sonora and Sinaloa.
I wouldn’t trust any of that produce coming from Mexico.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:28 AM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
It's not awkward at all.

This virus has highlighted a few things for me:

1. We waste our time talking about really stupid sh*t. Mexico suddenly understands the concept behind border (and national security). Go figure....................Borders are important for national security and safety. So are the barriers and people that enforce those borders

2. Having our life saving drugs made in a communist country that hates us is probably not a good idea

3. Our personal hygiene to this point has really sucked

4. The media really (REALLY) sucks

5. It's a good idea to have a couple of weeks of supplies on hand at all times

6. Most people have no idea how to............stay steady...........in a crisis

7. Why did toilet paper suddenly become so darned important?

8. Americans should never - ever - give up their 2A

9. The US was unprepared for a major pandemic. Startling how unprepared we were. Test kits? Ventilators?

Old 03-15-2020, 08:15 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,568,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
What evidence?
Chinese propaganda.

Old 03-15-2020, 08:36 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
It's not awkward at all.

This virus has highlighted a few things for me:

1. We waste our time talking about really stupid sh*t. Mexico suddenly understands the concept behind border (and national security). Go figure....................Borders are important for national security and safety. So are the barriers and people that enforce those borders

2. Having our life saving drugs made in a communist country that hates us is probably not a good idea

3. Our personal hygiene to this point has really sucked

4. The media really (REALLY) sucks

5. It's a good idea to have a couple of weeks of supplies on hand at all times

6. Most people have no idea how to............stay steady...........in a crisis

7. Why did toilet paper suddenly become so darned important?

8. Americans should never - ever - give up their 2A

9. The US was unprepared for a major pandemic. Startling how unprepared we were. Test kits? Ventilators?
+1
Excellent post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies