Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you self-quarantine if exposed to someone with COVID-19?
Yes, I will do the responsible thing even if not showing symptoms 146 90.68%
Yes, only after showing symptoms 9 5.59%
No, I am not self-quarantining unless asked or forced 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 10:40 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No. I am no ones property. You would have to make me your property or kill me, if I don't take you out first for even trying to place me in bondage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
There’s no easy answer. Someone who works hourly and doesn’t get sick pay and who lives paycheck to paycheck can’t just stay home if they have been exposed because as they will not be able to pay for rent, utilities, food etc. They will be choosing between taking cRe of their own family or possibly exposing people, if they have in fact been infected. It will be a major dilemma for many people for sure.
The employers will decide- I’m on two days - another crew diff days - that way we not all on each other’s face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2020, 10:44 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
You can't seriously expect us to believe that you would purposely contaminate others.

I have a hard time believing any thinking human could be so uncaring for his fellow Americans. But, perhaps you think liberals deserve it.

So sad.
Believe it!

Sadly, he's just one of many.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:00 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,269 times
This is why testing is so important and is also one of the main reasons Trump has failed the American people. We are months behind where we should be and unfortunately many of our fellow citizens will pay for Trumps incompetence with their lives.

Trump should be deeply ashamed.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:12 AM

18,439 posts, read 8,268,923 times
democrats were playing games with it too...trying to sneak things in the bill they knew would not get passed....and that delayed it

Old 03-14-2020, 11:22 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
This is why testing is so important and is also one of the main reasons Trump has failed the American people. We are months behind where we should be and unfortunately many of our fellow citizens will pay for Trumps incompetence with their lives.

Trump should be deeply ashamed.

He’s not setting a good example by refusing to be tested himself even though he has been exposed. He’s not isolating himself either. He really has handled this very poorly on multiple levels.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:29 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
I shut down my office yesterday and set everyone up to work from home. We're well stocked enough at our house to ride this out for as long as it takes.

We're self-quarantining (effectively) so that we don't bring it into the house. My MIL lives with us, and my own mother will likely be joining the party this weekend. Trying to keep the people we love safe. That's the ONLY thing on my mind when it comes to this thing.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:36 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:
No. I am no ones property. You would have to make me your property or kill me, if I don't take you out first for even trying to place me in bondage.
Do you wash your hands after using the bathroom or is that also “bondage”?

Old 03-14-2020, 11:56 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
democrats were playing games with it too...trying to sneak things in the bill they knew would not get passed....and that delayed it
nope, that was just Lyin' Moscow Mitch's spin, but even he couldn't stop this one from happening because the White House wanted it

Old 03-14-2020, 01:05 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
So some who have been exposed may have to keep working or people may die, but on the other hand an exposed person who keeps working may pass on the virus that will kill grandma. How does that work?
The pickle tosser at McD’s may not have the luxury of choosing. (And no, $15 an hour is not the solution, nor the topic of this thread.)

Quote:
Hmmm... you’re resisting and some guys pay extra for that.

Old 03-14-2020, 02:07 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,766,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
If I knew I was exposed, sure. But how would I know that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
As this progresses nearly every healthcare/ first responder/ pharmacy worker will be exposed. If all self isolated without symptoms, healthcare collapses.
Yes and yes. It is complicated, nothing is easy. And it is not even what I would call bad yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies