Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you self-quarantine if exposed to someone with COVID-19?
Yes, I will do the responsible thing even if not showing symptoms 146 90.68%
Yes, only after showing symptoms 9 5.59%
No, I am not self-quarantining unless asked or forced 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 04:18 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times

Advertisements

The problem is that testing isn’t available, at least on a large scale. A lot of us may be carriers right now and not know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2020, 04:34 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
We keep acting like we can prevent ourselves from catching it. We can't. COVID-19 is so contagious and has such a long incubation period preventing it is impossible. Many people have speculated it's been around way before we even thought. COVID-19 could have been confused with other viral conditions. Say we self quarantine. For how long? The incubation period is 2 weeks, so it can take years before people stop catching it. No one can stay at home that long. We can self quarantine for a while so medical personnel can try to get in front of the immediate crisis. This is the wisest and kindest course of action. As for us personally preventing infection in ourselves, even if we doused ourselves in hand sanitizer 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, it won't be effective.

Old 03-14-2020, 04:37 PM

962 posts, read 612,180 times
I pretty much self-quarantine anyway.

Most people suck.

Old 03-14-2020, 04:44 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Given that those with COVID-19 can be asymptomatic, would you voluntarily self-quarantine if you were exposed to a confirmed infected person? More specifically, in this case, exposed means you were in close proximity to him/her and also were not wearing protective gear.
My lifestyle, never get infected.

Old 03-14-2020, 05:10 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Would you self-quarantine if exposed to someone with COVID-19? - POLL

Of course I would.. silly question really?

I have gone a step further and advise any of my family members to stay put.. ( as have numerous family with immune compromised issues) to stay put. We can connect anytime if needed.. whether it's phone calls or FaceTime .. !

My background is HC industry ( frontline) and have dealt with numerous epidemics/pandemics in my lifetime.. so knew months ago what is now and WAS necessary to protect anyone vulnerable. BTW~~ That includes myself after dealing with a one year treatments for Cancer!!

Dangers are only realized when those around us run with false/mis-information and spreading ( because of ignorance) such a virulent virus as Covid-19 seems to be!

Unfortunately, POTUS has exposed American Populous by delayed proper responses due to his personal fragility and desires to counter FACTS!

Thankfully, many don't fall prey to such propaganda, but far too many have and will end up hurting those around them! It's not just unfortunate, but catastrophic given just how virulent this new strain virus is!! Treating symptoms is the only answer now.. No cure, with little available DATA to allow the professionals to get ahead of it!

Sure Hope all out there are taking care and staying safe !!

Old 03-14-2020, 05:21 PM

19,799 posts, read 9,336,681 times
That is a very difficult question to answer, so the best I can say is this:

If I was not symptomatic, I would self-isolate as much as possible, but I would still buy groceries one time per week right after the store opened, and I would wear gloves. However, with that one exception, I would stay home and not socialize with anyone but my husband.

Old 03-14-2020, 05:27 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
That is a very difficult question to answer, so the best I can say is this:

If I was not symptomatic, I would self-isolate as much as possible, but I would still buy groceries one time per week right after the store opened, and I would wear gloves. However, with that one exception, I would stay home and not socialize with anyone but my husband.

Pretty much the same here.

We use wipes on the cart before touching it, and then when we get home a good scrub and a squirt of Purrell.

No out to eats as of this month. Certainly no deli or food bars.

We've not received any mail for a couple of days which is not even close to being normal.

Check this:
People are bidding up toilet paper on ebay for more than 3x retail!!! OMG this panic is sad.

Old 03-14-2020, 05:31 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,464,653 times
I heard from the fine people on this forum that COVID-19 is all media hype and that the flu is deadlier, so no. I have a dry cough today, but I will be going out to a concert and wine tasting lesson tonite. You guys are crazy with this hysteria!!! I think the sooner you get this the better off you'll be, so I'm gonna spread it around as much as possible because it's no big thing. The internet told me so. I encourage everyone who has it to go about life and work as normal; the President said it's not a big deal and a miracle will make it go away.

I kid about the second, fourth, and sixth sentence.

Even though I was kidding above, I still make it a point to cough in the faces of people. These (presumably liberal) snowflakes go ape**** for some reason and its hilarious! Do your patriotic duty, ignore symptoms, keep going to work, and cough in liberals faces. We're winning folks!!!

(This post was a parody)

Last edited by TylerJAX; 03-14-2020 at 05:58 PM..

Old 03-14-2020, 07:18 PM

2,450 posts, read 971,670 times
Lot's of liars in this poll.

Old 03-14-2020, 09:41 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
At that point, I am pretty sure we are in for now. School is canceled for my 15 year old until April 7, and I'm working part time at home anyway. I did go out the past few days to get shopping done but will use the local supermarket pick up service, or home delivery, for further needs for the immediate future.
Your 15 year old could be making some money by babysitting a younger child in the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies