Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 07:46 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Periods work too.
Conform, comply, obey is your way and I want none of it !!! Thankyou very much !!!

Old 03-14-2020, 07:46 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Maybe instead of criticizing democrats, he should have listened to them and left in place Obama’s pandemic response team.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:47 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Conform, comply, obey is your way and I want none of it !!! Thankyou very much !!!
(Just because I can't rep you again.)

Old 03-14-2020, 07:48 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma21 View Post
Again and again I read repeated posts and media spin that Trump called the Coronavirus a hoax. He didn’t. He called the Democrats criticism of his administration's response to the outbreak a hoax. What he said is here:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...-rally-remark/
But no matter what you say people will argue with you. They won’t research the truth. He might have downplayed the virus but he didn’t call the virus itself a hoax. It’s like the saying if you repeat something enough it becomes true. This goes for all sides. Always research the full quote. Try to find a video that is not edited.
Our media are mostly big fat liars trying their best to destroy the President....those that believe them are will ing accomplices or fools.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:49 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
C'mon, even snopes recognize he referring to dems criticism. This all you can come up with today? Outrage theatre must have something fresh?
Yeah... Snopes called it mixed bc he didn't say CV was a hoax. He said the accurate criticisms over how he was dealing with CV were a hoax, which is the same as saying CV was a hoax. Snopes agrees with me.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Better than Saturday morning cartoons, I tell ya!
Spending your mornings watching cartoons? That explains a lot.

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
There must've been an order from the RNC to spread this nonsense defense for Trump. I'm seeing multiple posters bring up that Trump didn't call the CV a hoax, just the Democrat's attention to it.

That's the same thing! Calling Democrats liars for truthfully identifying the dangers of CV and how unprepared we are for it is the same as saying the the dangers of CV don't exist.

There is no defense when trying to make a distinction between Trump calling CV a hoax or Trump calling accurate information about CV a hoax.
Trump did not call CV a hoax. He called Democrat criticism of his admin’s handling of CV, a hoax. Trump consistently downplayed the virus and banked on a ban on travel to contain it. Except it was not a ban. Instead it restricted Chinese tourism.

It failed to achieve the goal of containment. Valuable time was lost preparing for the next phase, mitigation.

Trump did not react until the global markets began to erode the gains made during his term. He has consistently continued to spread misinformation and repeatedly contradicted his Task Force.

More progress has been made in the past week that in the 2 months since the first diagnosis in the US.

Despite this, more misinformation was spread yesterday. At least one insurer has made clear that they only agreed to cover the cost of testing without copays. They did not agree to cover 100% of the cost treatment, as Trump said.

Google is no where near ready to launch a national website with a medical decision tree and locations for drive thru testing.

Some Walmarts are already experiencing traffic - carloads showing up to be tested.

Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Yeah... Snopes called it mixed bc he didn't say CV was a hoax. He said the accurate criticisms over how he was dealing with CV were a hoax, which is the same as saying CV was a hoax. Snopes agrees with me.
Lol, evolving on definition got it. Now run along and stub a toe.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Lol, evolving on definition got it. Now run along and stub a toe.
So I've "evolved" my definition over 2 posts? Uh huh.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump did not call CV a hoax. He called Democrat criticism of his admin’s handling of CV, a hoax. Trump consistently downplayed the virus and banked on a ban on travel to contain it. Except it was not a ban. Instead it restricted Chinese tourism.

It failed to achieve the goal of containment. Valuable time was lost preparing for the next phase, mitigation.

Trump did not react until the global markets began to erode the gains made during his term. He has consistently continued to spread misinformation and repeatedly contradicted his Task Force.

More progress has been made in the past week that in the 2 months since the first diagnosis in the US.

Despite this, more misinformation was spread yesterday. At least one insurer has made clear that they only agreed to cover the cost of testing without copays. They did not agree to cover 100% of the cost treatment, as Trump said.

Google is no where near ready to launch a national website with a medical decision tree and locations for drive thru testing.

Some Walmarts are already experiencing traffic - carloads showing up to be tested.
So the criticism that he issued a travel ban. Why was that a hoax? He did issue a travel ban, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies