Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 05:59 PM

5,781 posts, read 5,083,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastletonSnob1 View Post
Grow up? So, I'm just supposed to shut up and deal with a terrible system?
Well, trump promised a perfect healthcare system early on......I’m still waiting but I wouldn’t hold my breath. He couldn’t come up with a better one than Obama care even when he has control of both house and senate......loser old idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2020, 07:23 PM

7,080 posts, read 9,532,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
That’s impossible! It’s simply impossible for the government to provide a service better than the private sector. Unless you are telling me that Fox News and Rush Limbaugh are wrong. They can’t put anything on TV or the radio if it isn’t true.

Define better. Because better shouldn't be bankrupting people. Efficiency without affordability is not better. Healthcare should never be profit-driven. The two motives are complete opposites. Routine outpatient surgery without anesthesia should not cost someone 10 times what medicare/medicaid pays for the SAME procedure. There's something wrong with that picture. Or that medications in a bordering country are almost free compared with charging someone who's life depends on the SAME medication $300/month.

If the private sector can do it better, they sure do suck at it.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:33 PM

8,863 posts, read 5,347,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
But I thought Obama, Pelosi and all the Leftists had promised that Obamacare (ACA) was going fix our healthcare system?
Yes, they did. Also, I just saw a poll that said the majority is happy with the ACA. So I don't know what the OP is talking about.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Well, trump promised a perfect healthcare system early on......I’m still waiting but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
I wouldn't, either. The elected officials voted to keep the ACA several years ago, and Ms Pelosi has made no effort to repeal it. So everyone should be happy. You got to keep BO's signature legislation.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
The Texas government, I guess?
Nope, the Federal government. Medicaid, however, is largely run by individual states. Is it possible that your MD has a policy of wanting to see you every 3 months if you are on these meds?

Old 03-14-2020, 07:48 PM

19,791 posts, read 12,040,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Yes, they did. Also, I just saw a poll that said the majority is happy with the ACA. So I don't know what the OP is talking about.
He’s unhappy with his Medicaid.

Old 03-14-2020, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
He’s unhappy with his Medicaid.
I am trying to determine if it is in fact Medicaid that has made him see his doctor every 3 months. I have a son with ADHD, and for quite awhile he had to see his treating physician every 3 months. He wasn't on Medicaid.

Old 03-14-2020, 08:09 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,223,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You are taking a scheduled drug. No such thing as a blanket prescription. Get over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Feel free to move......
All of the above.

Old 03-14-2020, 08:24 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,525,305 times
Quote:
A new law was passed saying that people who take ADHD meds have to visit a doctor every 3 months to get their meds.

Why does the healthcare system make people jump through hoops to get the stuff they need?

My mom says my insurance might not cover all the doctor visits, so we might have to pay for my meds out of pocket.

The American healthcare system is a joke.
You need to thank the government for that. Healthcare industry is the most regulated industry ever! You can’t do jack without the government tells you what to do.

Old 03-14-2020, 08:30 PM

3,641 posts, read 3,768,165 times
Quote:
A new law was passed saying that people who take ADHD meds have to visit a doctor every 3 months to get their meds.

Why does the healthcare system make people jump through hoops to get the stuff they need?

When you run into annoying regulations that seem to penalize honest people you can usually thank a criminal.

Like your situation. If it weren't for liars that got ADHD meds only to sell them to other criminals who want to abuse them and get high, you wouldn't be having this problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies