Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 08:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Violating peoples rights and treating them as their PROPERTY, with impunity.
The Badge & a Gun. The only Sovereign Citizens left in America, is the... Police State.

This crap will make your blood boil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dX_Dlz6Y5M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2xM0Bh5IQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c33s-KGp__U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytaNMFHDM8Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMYN7TBQl1E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXq2OnP3VUg

Branzburg v. Hayes - The People are the Press

Phillip Turner v. Lt. Driver; Smith v. City of Cummings; Glik v. Cunniffe - People have a right to report and video their public servants.

These stupid cops, just lost their qualified immunity, and each individual cop on the scene will be sued personally, along with the City of Rockwall TX.
Phillip Turner has already sued the crap out of Rockwall TX. for this very thing and got a very nice settlement from the city, and the individual officers involved in his "Official Oppression"

This is disgusting. Attacking a citizen for standing back away and recording, the police interaction.
That is the cop, that gets other cops killed, for resentment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2020, 08:28 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Are you suggesting that we disband the Police departments or should the few bad cops be booted out? I think every good cop is just as frustrated with their fellows that go above and beyond and in doing so cast a negative shadow on the entire force.

Police have an increasingly difficult job to do and some of them as a result of the pressure are cracking.

Police have no idea who civilians are or what they are up to. They don't know if they are going to be ambushed or attacked. How many times are they called out for a domestic disturbance or some drunk or drugged idiot tearing up the place. At each call they face uncertainty of extreme violence against them for doing their jobs.

I don't know if it is a sign of the times where it is us against them but thinking back to my last 3 interactions with Police, where one I was minding my own business, another a traffic stop and another where a house I was working on was broken into and trashed. Two out of 3 didn't leave me with a happy warm feeling that the cops were on my side. The one that was kind and "human" realized that I did make a mistake when I made that illegal left turn.

I just think that some cops are succumbing to the pressure but we can't blame them all.

Old 03-15-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Are you suggesting that we disband the Police departments or should the few bad cops be booted out? I think every good cop is just as frustrated with their fellows that go above and beyond and in doing so cast a negative shadow on the entire force.

Whistle blowers are soon fired from the blue-line gang.
It takes a major lawsuit and costing the city or county millions, for a cop to get fired. Police Unions protect their warriors.
They cover for each others bad & unlawful behavior.

When there is harm or there is a theft, LE is needed to bring the person accused to justice. But this crap, treating the general public like their property, is where the resentment starts and the untrust happens.

The disconnect was witnessed above.
You had 4 other cops stand around and watch another officer violate a persons civil rights and then make excuses for him. Then drum up fake charges once booked into jail.
Call Rockwall Police(972-771-7717) and express how you feel they handled this encounter..... Escalation v. Deescalation

Old 03-15-2020, 09:05 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Do your own escalation Bent.

It's Rockwall's business and none of mine.

All cops are authoritarian to some degree; it comes with the job. But they don't all abuse their authority, and when it happens, it's a local affair that should, and needs to be, handled locally.

I'm not at all sure it costs millions either. Nationally, it may. But this isn't a national problem.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

All cops are authoritarian to some degree; it comes with the job. But they don't all abuse their authority, and when it happens, it's a local affair that should, and needs to be, handled locally.

I'm not at all sure it costs millions either. Nationally, it may. But this isn't a national problem.

That is what the Jews in Hamburg, said to the Jews in Berlin......

Old 03-15-2020, 12:39 PM

10,743 posts, read 5,668,616 times
Quote:

Not a national problem? This happens all over the country. And it happens every single day. LEO’s regularly break the law and violate people’s civil rights. And they are earning the hate, when they are the perpetrators, and when they stand by doing nothing, allowing it to happen.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
The American people don’t care as long as the cops are abusing the right people. They’ll gladly pay.

Old 03-15-2020, 01:53 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The American people don’t care as long as the cops are abusing the right people. They’ll gladly pay.
The cops are abusing Americans from all walks of life. You only care when blacks are the victims.

Old 03-15-2020, 01:55 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:

Seems hypocritical that you normally want a big Federal government to solve your problems instead of local control. But this is some how different?

Old 03-15-2020, 01:58 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
Quote:

When the Hollywood Shootout occurred, they implimented changes nationwide across all police departments. So you agree it was a local issue and they should not have made changes nation wide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies