Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 08:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
I find most Muslims I have met to be better than the typical "evangelical Christian" when it comes to their character.
Easily. I despise Islam itself, but the average Muslim in my experience is far more trustworthy, empathetic and generous than the average Christian I’ve met. Like, it’s not even close character wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I'm sure you already know this, but some people (these people I call "liberals") are surprised that blacks and Hispanics can be racist against Asians. But this dream of a pan "people of color" coalition is doomed to be disappointed, as long as some of the members of this coalition persist on being racist against other members of this coalition.
And Asians can’t be racist against blacks and Hispanics? LMAO...how about answering that!! Try being black and dealing with people from India.

In any case, I know what this is on your behalf. You most certainly see it as being to your benefit if all these minorities all hate each other. It furthers the White Conservative agenda. Just read through this thread and it’s insanely palpable.

Old 03-15-2020, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
https://www.thedailybeast.com/asian-...ock-up-on-guns

Interesting how most of this is in liberal cities and states and some of the racist attacks are from other minorities like blacks and Hispanics. Now Illinois wants to limit ammo sales. Regardless of your race, gun ownership is a necessity to protect ourselves and our families. Many California Asians are liberals (not so much here in Louisiana where Asians are slightly more liberal than whites but much more Republican than blacks) but now maybe they will be rethinking the importance of the Second Amendment.

There's also the issue of generalized chaos during a disaster as the police are busy enforcing quarantines, criminals will start to take advantage of the situation so its always good to be prepared. If you think the federal government cares about you or is able to protect you just look at Katrina. Just look at how FEMA doesn't care about tornado victims in Tennessee. Maybe when its an "important" state like New York or California the response is instant like with the California fires. But anywhere else in the nation we are on our own.
Hmmm....the internment Camps and property seizures weren’t enough to make Asians understand the value of being armed?

Nahhhh....but those blacks and Hispanics!! Now THERE’S a reason to be armed.

Old 03-15-2020, 08:59 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Roof Koreans reunion tour 2020
Asian business owner also armed themselves when Democrats engaged in the Baltimore and Ferguson riots.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:06 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trump’s birther movement was TOTALLY racist. Race was absolutely at the center of that controversy. And Trump put a helluva lot of money behind it. Hell, HE was the main protagonist in the birther movement.

So you didn’t shut down this liberal. You must be talking about someone else.
This is TOTALLY false. This is because of Obama's personal characteristics, including his foreign connections, the fact that he spent his childhood abroad, that his school documents in Indonesia claimed his religion as "Islam", the fact that he has a non-American first name and actually went from Barry to Barack to be less assimilated and less American.

Obama was also the most radical, anti-American candidate and president, though Sleepy Joe and Hillary are equally radical as him, and Bernie even more so.

If Ben Carson or Colin Powell ran for president, nobody would question that they're 100% American.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:14 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
I find most Muslims I have met to be better than the typical "evangelical Christian" when it comes to their character.
Yep that solved the mystery of which is better.

I on the other hand have been to muslim countries, where I live now has a good percentage of muslims. What I have observed is women, females in general are worth less than a goat. Daughters are sent off young as in younger than 16 to marry old perverts. But hey you know a few muslims and that's all anyone needs to know to dec ice that Muslims are better than Christians.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
This is TOTALLY false. This is because of Obama's personal characteristics, including his foreign connections, the fact that he spent his childhood abroad, that his school documents in Indonesia claimed his religion as "Islam", the fact that he has a non-American first name and actually went from Barry to Barack to be less assimilated and less American.

Obama was also the most radical, anti-American candidate and president, though Sleepy Joe and Hillary are equally radical as him, and Bernie even more so.

If Ben Carson or Colin Powell ran for president, nobody would question that they're 100% American.
Nope. Birtherism was a racist ploy to undermine Obama and slyly imply that African Americans don’t belong in the White House. Sorry, but you’re not getting a do-over or a narrative rewrite on the issue. It was blatant racism, and African Americans are not gonna be convinced otherwise.

So give it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yep that solved the mystery of which is better.

I on the other hand have been to muslim countries, where I live now has a good percentage of muslims. What I have observed is women, females in general are worth less than a goat. Daughters are sent off young as in younger than 16 to marry old perverts. But hey you know a few muslims and that's all anyone needs to know to dec ice that Muslims are better than Christians.
I’m talking about here in the United States. Can’t speak for that other poster.

And in this country, if given a choice of dealing with a Christian or Muslim in a deal where honesty and good character would make a difference, I’d have to choose the Muslim based on track record.

Cultural issues in other countries aren’t my business.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:33 PM

672 posts, read 256,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nope. Birtherism was a racist ploy to undermine Obama and slyly imply that African Americans don’t belong in the White House. Sorry, but you’re not getting a do-over or a narrative rewrite on the issue. It was blatant racism, and African Americans are not gonna be convinced otherwise.
Straight up truth that the Trumpers and Birthers don't want to acknowledge. Listening to them use their pretzel logic to dance around it would be funny, if it wasn't so loathsome.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:34 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,501 times
Quote:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/asian-...ock-up-on-guns

Interesting how most of this is in liberal cities and states and some of the racist attacks are from other minorities like blacks and Hispanics. Now Illinois wants to limit ammo sales. Regardless of your race, gun ownership is a necessity to protect ourselves and our families. Many California Asians are liberals (not so much here in Louisiana where Asians are slightly more liberal than whites but much more Republican than blacks) but now maybe they will be rethinking the importance of the Second Amendment.

There's also the issue of generalized chaos during a disaster as the police are busy enforcing quarantines, criminals will start to take advantage of the situation so its always good to be prepared. If you think the federal government cares about you or is able to protect you just look at Katrina. Just look at how FEMA doesn't care about tornado victims in Tennessee. Maybe when its an "important" state like New York or California the response is instant like with the California fires. But anywhere else in the nation we are on our own.
how are Africans Americans and Hispanics being racist? Do you have a link or are you just making stuff up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
The better idea, shutting down all the racist trash that are the cause of hate crimes.

Start with the racist POS in the White House and about 70% of this board.
So true lol.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
Straight up truth that the Trumpers and Birthers don't want to acknowledge. Listening to them use their pretzel logic to dance around it would be funny, if it wasn't so loathsome.
They know damn well that the birther movement was all about Obama being black. They used the birth certificate issue to obfuscate that fact. But African Americans like myself knew it and won’t be forgetting it anytime soon.

So their kvetching about “what did Trump say that was racist” ain’t working with me. It’s what he DID, not what he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies