Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 11:40 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
I place the odds of this story actually happening at about 0.1%
I wonder if his imaginary friend got to Europe on a cruise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2020, 12:34 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Of course they do... I was forcing myself to watch Meet The Press this am (I like to see what the enemy is up to) and little Chuckie Todd with his sub 100 IQ was managing to bash Trump and Repubs just about every sentence......
I call BS. I don't think you watched Meet the Press with Chuck Todd yesterday.

Here is a transcript from the show. Why don't you look at it and highlight every sentence from Chuck Todd that was bashing Trump? Trump's name is hardly even mentioned!

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...-2020-n1159336

Old 03-16-2020, 12:39 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
If the OP is being honest, it's one anecdotal couple and not reflective of "all liberals" like the OP is trying to leverage.

If they are not being honest, then oh well.

In either case it matters not as any sort of legitimate argument.

Old 03-16-2020, 12:53 PM

1,049 posts, read 1,606,547 times
Isn't this something you would want to verify before you post about it?
https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...el-florida-se/

Read The Green New Deal yourself. It's only 14 pages. There is no mention of planes in any capacity.

Transportation is mentioned twice:

On page 3:
Whereas the United States is currently experiencing several
related crises, with—(1) life expectancy declining while basic needs, such as clean air, clean water, healthy food, and adequate health care, housing, transportation, and education, are inaccessible to a significant portion of the United States population;

On Page 9:
[taken from further up on page 7] (2) the goals described in subparagraphs (A)
through (E) of paragraph (1) (referred to in this resolution as the ‘‘Green New Deal goals’’) should be accomplished through a 10-year national mobilization (referred to in this resolution as the ‘‘Green New Deal mobilization’’) that will require the following goals and projects—

(H) overhauling transportation systems in the United States to remove pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation sector as much as is technologically feasible, including through investment in—
(i) zero-emission vehicle infrastructure and manufacturing;
(ii) clean, affordable, and accessible public transit; and
(iii) high-speed rail;

Once again, there is no mention of planes or air travel in any capacity, let alone banning it. What they do advocate is increased investment in more environmentally friendly options as much as is technologically feasible.

Old 03-16-2020, 01:49 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I’m asked him Do you favor the democrats new green deal..he said yes..so I say what are you complaining about the new green deal wants to get rid of planes...he looked at me like I had two heads...these lefties are such morons it’s unbelievable...
I don't like the green new deal but I like to travel to Europe. We were thinking about it this year too. Sucks to have those plans altered. Is it the end of the world? No, but some of us who are a little more conservative love traveling abroad. Not sure what your point is?

Old 03-16-2020, 01:53 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
No one believes you have a liberal friend. No one. You are just making things up, as usual.

Old 03-16-2020, 05:21 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Quote:
I’m asked him Do you favor the democrats new green deal..he said yes..so I say what are you complaining about the new green deal wants to get rid of planes...he looked at me like I had two heads...these lefties are such morons it’s unbelievable...
Do you understand that it's possible to favor the overall concept of green initiatives without agreeing with every single thing?

Old 03-16-2020, 05:37 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,158 times
Quote:

No one believes you have a liberal friend. No one. You are just making things up, as usual.
What do you mean....I have many liberal friends in Massachusetts. I’m a nice guy and I get along with everyone even liberal moonbats....besides they’re great for comic relief!

Old 03-16-2020, 05:45 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If the OP is being honest, it's one anecdotal couple and not reflective of "all liberals" like the OP is trying to leverage.

If they are not being honest, then oh well.

In either case it matters not as any sort of legitimate argument.
I am pretty liberal do I have t0 g0 t0 Europe?

Old 03-16-2020, 05:51 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:

Ah, I don't know, this sounds like a conveniently made up story to me. When you inserted that "liberal" word, it casts a real doubt on the validity of this story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies