Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In your opinion, who won tonight's debate?
Vice President Joe Biden 18 58.06%
Sen. Bernie Sanders 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 09:03 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
This made me laugh out loud.

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
March 9: “This blindsided the world.”
March 13: “I don't take responsibility at all”
All totally false but I'm sure you feel better now.....

Old 03-16-2020, 09:05 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
All totally false but I'm sure you feel better now.....
Which one is false? He said each of them on TV for all to see.

Old 03-16-2020, 10:10 AM

5,730 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Why can’t I find the full debate anywhere? I don’t want CNNs spin

Old 03-16-2020, 10:29 AM

5,145 posts, read 3,076,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Bernie won the debate, Biden will win the nomination.

It's that simple.

As far as covid-19 and all, Biden did what any politician haunting DC for 50 years would do - talked about the problems in a serious voice, offered no solutions whatsoever, and anything he said that remotely got near a solution was something the current President has already done.

At least Bernie stays pretty solidly on track - tax any rich person to death and then give away free stuff and all the problems are solved. That's not an actual solution, but it does sound like he has one.
I heard Biden say that he would have lots of meetings in the “White House Situation Room”, because apparently in the mind of a life-long Senator, meetings with large groups of people are how we get things done.

Old 03-16-2020, 10:30 AM

8,331 posts, read 2,959,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Which one is false? He said each of them on TV for all to see.
I was a Monday morning QB ages 4-6. How old are you?

Old 03-16-2020, 10:35 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
The president spread lies and misinformation for the first six weeks of this crisis, when we should have been getting our act together and get moving on containment. Only a 4-6 year old would have difficulty understanding how detrimental he has been to this crisis from the start.

Old 03-16-2020, 10:41 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The president spread lies and misinformation for the first six weeks of this crisis, when we should have been getting our act together and get moving on containment. Only a 4-6 year old would have difficulty understanding how detrimental he has been to this crisis from the start.
I can only imagine the hysteria we would have heard from you if he had declared a crisis on Mar 3rd when there were 106 cases in the US.
MAGA
Trump 2020

Old 03-16-2020, 10:42 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Well, that's a thing, Biden promised to pick a female VP so if he's elected (lol) we'd get our first female president once he inevitably dies in office.
Carting in Hillary......

Old 03-16-2020, 10:44 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Oh brother. So now we can't deport ANYBODY unless they've committed a felony? Heads-up, people: many states and localities are rolling back felonies into misdemeanors, so things you think should be or that have always been felonies, no longer are.

Did Bernie compare border control to slavery? I hope the black Democratic base heard that.
Perhaps the illegal immigrants will commit a felony in Biden's or Bernie's back yard.

Old 03-16-2020, 10:45 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
I would buy the "hindsight is 20/20" argument if Trump wasn't already given a preview of what was coming from China or even if he was taking appropriate countermeasures at this point. Instead he spent 6 weeks downplaying the risk to the detriment of all Americans and his best solution to this point is to try to pump money the stockmarket.

Others, like Mike DeWine and Andrew Cuomo, recognized the severity of the situation months ago. Today, Governor Cuomo announced that the lack of leadership or a coherent plan from the Federal Government has forced him to band together with the Governors of NJ and CN to try to battle this alone while the President continues to dither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies