Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the coronavirus vaccine be mandatory?
Yes 35 36.46%
No 61 63.54%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 05:48 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,064 times

Advertisements

Well, judging by how the voting is trending, I predict that this thread will be shut down in 3.... 2..... 1......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2020, 05:54 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Liberals need to their nanny to have them take their medicine.

Old 03-15-2020, 06:20 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,721,351 times
I reluctantly voted no, because I don't believe that anyone should be vaccinated at gunpoint or anything like that.

However, for school entrance? Required for jobs where you work with the public? Sure, I'd be all for that.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:08 PM

114 posts, read 56,888 times
As someone who does not believe in vaccines or feel like we are already over vaccinated, the only way you’re going to impose a “mandatory” is if you strap me down and shove a needle into my arm. Because I will not as an American citizen supposedly free to make my own decisions about my health, allow myself to be vaccinated with a vaccine that probably isn’t going to work and screw up my immune system. I haven’t had the flu since 1992 and I’ve never gotten the flu vaccine or any other vaccine since I was a child.

If the government really wanted to stop this virus, they would just have everybody stay home for a month. Patrol the cities in neighborhoods with the National Guard and make everybody just stay home. Instead they’re going to drag this out for probably the next 2 to 3 years.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:11 PM

35,662 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvguru6338 View Post
As someone who does not believe in vaccines or feel like we are already over vaccinated, the only way you’re going to impose a “mandatory” is if you strap me down and shove a needle into my arm. Because I will not as an American citizen supposedly free to make my own decisions about my health, allow myself to be vaccinated with a vaccine that probably isn’t going to work and screw up my immune system. I haven’t had the flu since 1992 and I’ve never gotten the flu vaccine or any other vaccine since I was a child.

If the government really wanted to stop this virus, they would just have everybody stay home for a month. Patrol the cities in neighborhoods with the National Guard and make everybody just stay home. Instead they’re going to drag this out for probably the next 2 to 3 years.
The rights of one compared to the rights of others - I agree both should be done for the good of all.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:14 PM

114 posts, read 56,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The rights of one compared to the rights of others - I agree both should be done for the good of all.
I mean at some point we’re all going to die from something. And yes we should do all we can as a society in a country to prevent innocent people from dying. But every one of these vaccines that they pump out the pipeline as quickly as possible aren’t affective. They missed the mark. The vaccine that they’re trying to develop for this coronavirus only has a few of the matching markers of the current virus that circulating. I.e. it won’t be very effective. So what’s the point? You’re messing up peoples immune system’s every time you vaccinate them. It throws it off. Whether you or I like it or not, mother nature designed life on earth for the strong to survive. Meaning, if you really want to get down to it we should all catch this virus as it circulates around the globe and people will build immunity to it. Now I know that humans on earth an hour more civilized but at the end of the day that’s what’s going to happen at some point anyhow. Something is going to come and circle the globe a few times and it’s going to knock the population of this earth down by 50% or more in a matter of a couple months.

If we as a civilized people want to revent that from happening we all have to suck it up and possibly face and economic depression and just have everybody stay home for a month. The virus can’t passed from person to person if we don’t enter mix with each other it will die out. They’re already closing everything so why does everybody have to be out anyhow? Just order everybody home for 30 days across the country and the problem goes away.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:26 PM

5,166 posts, read 4,937,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvguru6338 View Post
Only if Pres. Trump wins re-election. If the Dems win, it'll all be over the week after the election.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:27 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I reluctantly voted no, because I don't believe that anyone should be vaccinated at gunpoint or anything like that.

However, for school entrance? Required for jobs where you work with the public? Sure, I'd be all for that.
^^This. Absolutely no forced immunization. But then that may limit how others choose to interact with you.

Imagine working in oh....a nursing home.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:29 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Let's also make it a law where single people must be tested for STDs before they are allowed to have sex with a new partner.

You agree right?

Old 03-15-2020, 07:40 PM

18,715 posts, read 7,595,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
It's already settled law that compulsory vaccinations are legal here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobson_v._Massachusetts
That case only established that compulsory vaccinations required by a STATE (Massachusetts in this case) were legal and enforceable, and then only by that state. It made no allegation that the Fed govt could either make nor enforce a compulsory vaccination.

So to have a nationwide compulsory vaccination, all 50 states (plus DC) would each have to enact its own statewide compulsory-vaccination law.

Considering today's coronavirus hysteria, it probably wouldn't be that difficult. But you never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies