Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 07:54 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times

Advertisements

Why does it matter, for those inclined to participate in that violation of their privacy, what race you put? The entire basis for asking that is to perpetuate identity politics, which is racist tyranny from the ground up.

If you actually participate, simply list number of occupants in your dwelling and send in the form. That way, you're fulfilling the purpose the census served prior to 1935 when the Congress fixed the size of the House of Reps to 435. Since then, the census is essentially pointless, as we may shuffle reps around, but the House gets less representational every single year.

Just count people in your house, write that on the form, mail it in. If you choose to play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 08:43 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The poster in question mentioned the nationality of his ancestors. He said nothing about his ancestors or himself as being of Mexican nationality. What part of that didn't YOU get? I am well aware that Mexican is a nationality not a race, duh. "Chicano" is a word used to describe Mexicans, nothing else. Reading comprehension is essential.
No he mentioned the report of a DNA test he did. Not the nationality of his ancestors. These DNA ancestry tests show population groups that have lived isolated with one another for thousands of years. I know what Chicano means. Louis CK the comedian is Mexican, it probably won’t report as Mexican on his ancestry DNA test lol.

I’m perplexed that some people don’t know the difference between sequencing one’s dna and reporting the population groups that it matches up with and one’s nationality.

Skim through these links. There is some good information.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018...led-modern-dna

https://blog.23andme.com/ancestry/latino-ancestry/

Last edited by ecko_complex24; 03-18-2020 at 08:55 AM..

Old 03-18-2020, 08:56 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,019 times
Hispanics use to be listed in crime rate data, until they were lumped in with whites over a decade ago.
Seems like an intentional attempt to obfuscate the real crime data -- same with the census nonsense, trying to obfusctae the demographic data to make white people think that America isn't becoming a third world country.

Old 03-18-2020, 09:14 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Hispanics use to be listed in crime rate data, until they were lumped in with whites over a decade ago.
Seems like an intentional attempt to obfuscate the real crime data -- same with the census nonsense, trying to obfusctae the demographic data to make white people think that America isn't becoming a third world country.
Care to provide any sources for this? Does the FBI even track crime rates for races of people? Are you talking about incarceration numbers, they do have a Hispanic classification for this.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...tes-in-prison/

Old 03-18-2020, 01:46 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post

They were ALWAYS white!

There was no "hispanic" category until 1980. Before then, nearly ALL Latin Americans were white.

Old 03-18-2020, 01:54 PM

62,943 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
No he mentioned the report of a DNA test he did. Not the nationality of his ancestors. These DNA ancestry tests show population groups that have lived isolated with one another for thousands of years. I know what Chicano means. Louis CK the comedian is Mexican, it probably won’t report as Mexican on his ancestry DNA test lol.

I’m perplexed that some people don’t know the difference between sequencing one’s dna and reporting the population groups that it matches up with and one’s nationality.

Skim through these links. There is some good information.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018...led-modern-dna

https://blog.23andme.com/ancestry/latino-ancestry/
That poster has been on this forum for some time now and never once has he mentioned that he is of Mexican ancestry. I suspect that he has some kind of connection to Mexico or Mexicans though because otherwise why would he use the word "Chicano" in his forum name if not? Let him fess up then and tell us why he used the forum name he did then instead of you and I arguing back and forth about it.

Old 03-18-2020, 01:56 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
Can people pick Hispanic origin and still choose multiple race categories? Everyone else can to that.The average Mexican has both Native and European ancestry.

Old 03-18-2020, 01:58 PM

62,943 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
They were ALWAYS white!

There was no "hispanic" category until 1980. Before then, nearly ALL Latin Americans were white.
Except, most Hispanics in our country are not just white. They are of mixed race and most are Mestizos of Spanish and Indian ancestry. They should check the box on the census "two or more races". Hispanic isn't a race so I don't even know why it would be among the racial catagories.

Old 03-18-2020, 06:05 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
They were ALWAYS white!

No they aren't. You are not hispanic and you don't get a say on what they are called. That would be like me calling American Indians white but im not Indian.

Quote:
Except, most Hispanics in our country are not just white. They are of mixed race and most are Mestizos of Spanish and Indian ancestry. They should check the box on the census "two or more races". Hispanic isn't a race so I don't even know why it would be among the racial catagories.
They are not white..i agree with that.

Old 03-18-2020, 06:28 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,048 times
Quote:
I don't see how asking one's race on the census or anywhere else is creating separations or racial conflict. It's a piece of paper! In the medical field they are collecting data to see if a particular race is susesptable to certain diseases among other things. Here is the explanation on the census.

https://www.census.gov/acs/www/about...question/race/
Again, they are not allowing the choice of more than one race in doctor's offices, schools, or banks. It has nothing to do with susceptibility to certain diseases because if it were, the medical community and others would acknowledge those who are descendants of more races than one. It is about labeling people as one race only and dividing us all up accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies