Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 09:50 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
If they have lost wages that they can document, I'm fine with that so long as I'm not paying for it.

Reduce gov't spending to pay for it. The average federal worker makes $128,000, has a cadillac healthcare plan and a cushy pension. They wont miss the 2 cents...trust me.
Ah, no they don't. But please provide the article you got your info from....thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2020, 11:27 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
They just won’t pay them at all. There is no reason to believe giant corporations will suddenly start treating workers better.
I think there are too many companies that have had already said they would in fact pay their furloughed and sick employees (even before Congress passed the bill) that the backlash is gonna be big if they do not. I know Marriott is facing the heat with those that canceled reservations today after WrestleMania was canceled and many canceled hotel plans because of it. They are facing losing hundreds on the deal. Many cruise lines and airlines are not giving refunds despite the virus...

Old 03-17-2020, 03:35 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Ah, no they don't. But please provide the article you got your info from....thanks.
They might if you include their benefit packages and retirement. The company I worked for liked to do that when telling us how great we had it.

The question begs does the average Federal employee get paid more than a private sector employee with comparable responsibility and skills? (Counting the benefit package).

Keeping in mind federal employees produce nothing. Zilch, nada. They only cost us money. That isn't to say that many or most don't provide a valued service, but there is a ton of redundancy built it. So is the priority to justify their own existence over doing something of worth.

Old 03-17-2020, 03:40 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Beware politicians bearing gifts, especially career ones that have been robbing you your whole life.

Old 03-17-2020, 03:47 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I'd like to have a map of all the elite top 1% of the 1%'s bug out bunkers( which get used for other activities) as well as the government's underground bases. I'll bet there's a massive stockpile under Denver Airport for example.
And while we'r eon the subject of conspiracies, why are low oil prices supposedly bad for the economy all of a sudden? The economic boom of the early 90s came about for two reasons. One was record low oil prices after the Gulf War. Second was the early internet technology boom. What helped derail it were higher oil prices and China being given favored nation trade status.
And why is gold trading lower? That runs counter to traditional market wisdom.

Old 03-17-2020, 04:40 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Quote:
Okay, since you don't care, we'll take it from the bottom 50% who are paying zero federal income taxes.

Problem solved.

I'm done carrying 1/2 of the American population. If they are Seniors on social security, or are truly unable to work, or orphans, or baby's of crack addicts, fine, but that isn't 165 million Americans.

Its time for the freeloaders to be flushed out into the open, and make them pay taxes too. No more free rides.
Wage earners do not have the ability to pass taxes to everyone else in the form of goods and services they sell. Nor can they write them off.

Old 03-17-2020, 04:46 AM

1,485 posts, read 953,788 times
Quote:
Okay, let's say I go along with Mitt's plan.

Where is the money going to come from? Choose an option below:

A) Borrow it. We're Trillions in debt already. What's another Trillion...is that your take? Not me.

B) Cut 2% from every gov't department across the board to pay for it? Its called "The Penny Plan" I'm for this.

C) Increase taxes to pay for it? Well since ~1/2 dont pay ANY federal income taxes, that means only the ~1/2 that do pay federal income taxes will have to shoulder the entire load when they're already paying 97% of the tax burden. I say no.
It can be deducted from the welfare our government throws at Israel, the European nations, and African countries. Problem solved.

Old 03-17-2020, 04:49 AM

30,400 posts, read 21,215,773 times
I will take that offer. Help me when i buy a new Vette.

Old 03-17-2020, 04:59 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I know Romney is a RINO, but stealing Yang's gig is just going too far.

What a hack he turned out to be. Now I'm even more glad he and Lyin Ryan didn't win. The Burger Bros. can suck it!
Romney would have been a great president. What's wrong with brainstorming? $1000, is not going to break the piggy bank that trump has broken into. We need a break, about now. If and when your check comes, send it back, or send it to a family that has been struggling, even before this nightmare started.

Old 03-17-2020, 05:21 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I know Romney is a RINO, but stealing Yang's gig is just going too far.

What a hack he turned out to be. Now I'm even more glad he and Lyin Ryan didn't win. The Burger Bros. can suck it!
Oh man. Sooo true

I hate these two jack ******. RINO fools
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies