Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 05:43 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,586,897 times

Advertisements

Stop bailing out Big Business. Bail out the workers!!!!

Old 03-18-2020, 05:44 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
Lets not forget that the Leftists would currently rather have the Senate bogged down with Impeachment witnesses instead of focusing on a national crisis
The Left-Run house got an acceptable bill to Trump without delay. It is the right-controled Senate that is having trouble focusing.

I have not heard any "leftist" congress-people talking about Impeachment during this crisis. Have you?

(Rest assured, the American people will decide if he is reelected or not. Doubt you'll hear much about impeachment before November, unless he starts trying to cancel the election if it looks like he'll lose.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
So what you're telling us is that because President Obama did it, Trump should do it, too? He should follow Obama's lead on this? You agreed with Obama when he did that?
Thank GOD he has started following the lead of Governors and Business Leaders. Just a week ago, he was saying it was a media-hoax, then he was saying it would go away like a miracle, then he was saying it was under control. he was promising test kits that didn't materialize.

Thank GOD someone got to him and told him to just act like the smart people. He's still not "leading", but it's better than it was a week ago.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:49 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Look at what is happening. Trump's response is EVERYTHING HE HAS RAILED AGAINST for the past 3-4 years, goes against everything he was saying just a week ago about the virus, and is a carbon copy with enhancements of Obama's successful response to the GWB-Recession.
It does not look like a carbon copy since this economic impact it direct result of what the government has done by declaring a semi-martial law & curfew. Businesses are not ALLOWED to operate, which guarantees economic losses.

I have never seen anything like this, although I know such population control was normal in USSR and still is in North Korea.

The government is driving down the economy in purpose. A virus which has killed few hundred people is a vary bad excuse, but apparently it is enough to justify it.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

The government is driving down the economy in purpose. A virus which has killed few hundred people is a vary bad excuse, but apparently it is enough to justify it.
I will admit, I've considered this possibility, but I respectfully don't agree. I don't think they are driving it down on purpose, as much as an abundance of "CYA". I do think the response is mostly appropriate, but also recognize I can be wrong. We may never know.

All I do know is that "it is what it is". Glad it's not me having to make these decisions.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:55 AM

1,066 posts, read 629,021 times
How does this work? Do people not working, social security, disabled 100% veterans, etc or people who don’t even have a job, do they get this too? They shouldn’t as they didn’t lose money in first place. I’m perplexed how sending $$$ to everyone will benefit society

Just trying to wrap my head around it, only those laid off should be compensated to stop more debt

Old 03-18-2020, 06:02 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
Lets not forget that the Leftists would currently rather have the Senate bogged down with Impeachment witnesses instead of focusing on a national crisis
Pretty much have moved on. But you haven't -- that's on you

Old 03-18-2020, 06:05 AM

17,776 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Blue stimulus good

Red stimulus bad

Conservatives are being compassionate, helping others, saving lives, saving homes, saving families, saving employers, stimulating the economy during a crisis...what is your objection to this?

Conservatives must set aside their convictions to help fellow Americans in need.

As President Trump said earlier today, We must set aside partisan politics to beat this enemy.
Nobody is saying "red stimulus bad". Everyone is pointing out that conservatives are denying that they were highly critical of Obama's stimulus package.

Now of course a couple of your fellow right wingers are going with the 2009 downturn "wasn't that bad" and we didn't need a stimulus package.

Others are steadfastly stating that Obama shouldn't have done it and Trump shouldn't do it. So that groupd doesn't fit into your compassionate conservative narrative.

And what his really felonious about your post is that Trump is giving out "free stuff" and you are claiming that liberals are against 'free stuff'. Since when are democrats against "free stuff".

Old 03-18-2020, 06:06 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
Trump has ALWAYS criticized Obama when $860B was spent during the Great Recession. Why should a Trump be allowed to do it?
Why should any President be allowed to do it?

Old 03-18-2020, 06:09 AM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
President Trump will provide for all our needs throughout the year. During a disaster, there is one beacon of light. That is what you'll be thinking come November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies