Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 10:16 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
The problem is...why would a good leader get into politics? It naturally attracts the lazy and corrupt.
We need a leader like Rick Grimes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2020, 10:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
This is a scary prospect for me as a young adult, but it is true.

The major world leaders simply aren't leaders.

Trump has lied, downplayed this, and failed to get proper testing and equipment ready in proper numbers. Trump cared more about the economy than then solving this crisis.

Biden on January 31st called Trump a racist and a xenophobe for imposing travel restrictions on Wuhan to US flights when he should have been encouraging Trump to do more. Biden cared more about being "woke" to an insane degree and scoring political points than solving this crisis.

The WHO refused to call it pandemic for the longest time and also criticized Trump as fearmongering for his January travel restrictions out of Wuhan. The WHO cared more about feelings than solving this crisis.

Italy had elected leaders criticizing Trump's travel restrictions and urging their citizens to hug people coming in from China to combat racism. Italy cared more about being hyper-PC than solving this crisis.

Xi is blaming this on the US army. He cares more about remaining a dictator for life in China than being honest.

I could go on and on.

There is no one at the wheel.

You have no one to govern, but yourself.....
Scary isn't it.

Old 03-17-2020, 02:18 AM

2,486 posts, read 824,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
The problem is...why would a good leader get into politics? It naturally attracts the lazy and corrupt.
I agree with you. Political office was never meant to be a career.

Career politicians are our problem. They have made their power the key to their success which is on the backs of the tax payers. The worst kind of scum.

We need:

- term limits
- ban all retired politicians from becoming lobbyists. No more revolving door.
- Ban all industry executives from becoming unelected officials who are beholding to their former employers and taking those positions to self-serve.

I am sick of politicians going in broke and coming out multi-millionaires!!!

Can you imagine how this virus gig would have played out under HRC?

She would have phoned it in and gone back to sleep.

They are fleecing the sheep

Old 03-17-2020, 02:24 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:

Trump has lied, downplayed this, and failed to get proper testing and equipment ready in proper numbers. Trump cared more about the economy than then solving this crisis.

Biden on January 31st called Trump a racist and a xenophobe for imposing travel restrictions on Wuhan to US flights when he should have been encouraging Trump to do more. Biden cared more about being "woke" to an insane degree and scoring political points than solving this crisis.

The WHO refused to call it pandemic for the longest time and also criticized Trump as fearmongering for his January travel restrictions out of Wuhan. The WHO cared more about feelings than solving this crisis.

Italy had elected leaders criticizing Trump's travel restrictions and urging their citizens to hug people coming in from China to combat racism. Italy cared more about being hyper-PC than solving this crisis.

Xi is blaming this on the US army. He cares more about remaining a dictator for life in China than being honest.

I could go on and on.

Just to put this in perspective, should the rest of the world have isolated America when we were patient zero for swine flu?

Old 03-17-2020, 03:03 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Always remember, you are responsible for you. We do have great leaders.

What you want is a Militant Father like a Stalin, Hitler, Minh who will declare Martial Law and restrict your freedoms.

We do have great leaders. Stop the fear. You must be too young to recognize this.

Old 03-17-2020, 03:06 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
We need a leader like Rick Grimes...
The lesson with Rick Grimes is you are responsible for being your own leader and protecting your own family.

No one else can do for you what you can do.

Old 03-17-2020, 03:06 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
I dunno what is meant by "serious leaders" but there are no shortages of psychopaths. In the private sector (corp. world) we can avoid them and/or deny them control. With the public sector we can only hope they dont fix their gaze on us.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:47 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
Everyone, be careful that your heart does not pine for a dictator. I am afraid that you will get one someday.

If we continue to value health and safety over liberty, we are already far down that road.

Old 03-17-2020, 09:48 AM

17,304 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Everyone, be careful that your heart does not pine for a dictator. I am afraid that you will get one someday.

If we continue to value health and safety over liberty, we are already far down that road.
A good leader is a servant leader. One who views the people as their boss. Rather than the current view where Trump/Kusher refer to us as "customers".

Old 03-17-2020, 09:52 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:

I could go on and on.

It's likely always been true. Try not to think about it. I feel like the Trump Administration, with Pence in charge, is now taking this seriously.

Wuhan lied out their ****** and Xi likely will continue to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies