Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2020, 03:14 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times

Advertisements

No, but I will accept reality, I won’t protest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 03:19 PM

44,627 posts, read 61,611,846 times
President Biden going to have a big mess to clean up and much housecleaning to do after 01/20/2021 to get the country back into normalcy and respect.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:20 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,750,584 times
Oh god yes. Praise be!

Old 03-18-2020, 05:38 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
President Biden going to have a big mess to clean up and much housecleaning to do after 01/20/2021 to get the country back into normalcy and respect.
Never gonna happen.

Old 03-18-2020, 06:24 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
We should be thankful for excellent civil servants that can help us survive poor leadership by any president, even Trump.

Old 03-18-2020, 06:53 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,164,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
Agreed. I am fully confident that his administration will be full of smarter folks than what we've got going on now.

You mean like Pocahontas and AOC? and let's not forget Beto the gun grabber.......

Old 03-19-2020, 09:54 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Nice try on your "botched response". If it wasn't for Trump banning flights in from China, a while back....over objections from jerks like Chuck Schumer..... we would have a much worse problem on our hands.
Hmm were you the one that left the "You're just a Trump hater" Rep with no name attached?

Look. do yourself a favor if you want the real truth track the SARS 2003 outbreak and time line. The World Health Organization has a great time line. Update 95-SARS Chronology of a serial killer.

November 16 first case of atypical pneumonia in China.

March 12 WHO issues a global alert for SARS
March 16 over 150 suspects and probable cases of SARS reported around the world.

Okay, here's the first botched response by Trump. He turned down WHO's test for SARS Covid-19. Why? His lame excuse that it was not a reliable test is wrong. It's a lie.

Here's what WHO did for SARS in 2003.

"WHO sets up network of 11 leading laboratories in 9 countries to expedite detection of the causative agent and develop a robust diagnostic test. A similar network is set up to pool clinical knowledge on symptoms, diagnosis, and management. A third network is set up to study SARS epidemiology.

Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome is nothing new. It was a Corona virus in 2003 and it is a SARS corona virus in 2012.

March 20th The USA reports its first case of SARS.

This is a new virus and WHO reports around the clock international efforts to develop a diagnostic test (April 7)
April 11 Four continents and 19 countries are infected.

May 2nd More than 6000 cases reported world wide.

April 10 WHO identifies corona virus responsible for SARS.
May 17 "The first global consultation on SARS epidemiology concludes its work. The experts further confirm that the consistent effectiveness of these measures, which include early identification and isolation of patients, vigorous contact tracing, management of close contacts, and public information and education to encourage prompt reporting of symptoms."

If you read this time line it is eerily similar to what's happening today, with one exception. There was only a few cases of SARS on US soil in 2003 with zero deaths. Why?

CDC : CDC SARS Response Timeline
March 14 CDC activated its Emergency Operations Center.
March 24 39 cases identified 32 of which people had traveled to other countries with SARS.

March 28. The SARS outbreak is more widespread. CDC begins utilizing pandemic planning for SARS.

Was that the same pandemic office that was eliminated in 2018?

April 4th 115 SARS cases reported in 29 states.

April 14th CDC publishes a sequence of viruses believed responsible for SARS. The results came just 12 days after a team of scientists worked around the clock to grow throat cultures of SARS patients.
May 6, no new cases reported in the USA.

July 5th WHO announced that the global SARS outbreak was contained.

Why is it out of control here?

A. No pandemic response office. All of the good people are gone.

B. Trump lied about the outbreak "Only 15 cases...."
C. Trump was not preparing "all the best people" when he knew about this coming in December.

Do I hate Trump? No, he's always been in over his head and I don't think he expected to get elected. I kind of feel sorry for him, but he is a con man and a crook. Those are facts. When you fall for con men you get what you pay for.

This is Trump's fault.

Next time Mr/Ms low information emotional thinker with simple you hate Trump rhetoric sign your name and we can talk about these things like adults. I've seen the blunders, I was in healthcare for 25 years. I know amateurs when I see them.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:37 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Hmm were you the one that left the "You're just a Trump hater" Rep with no name attached?

Look. do yourself a favor if you want the real truth track the SARS 2003 outbreak and time line. The World Health Organization has a great time line. Update 95-SARS Chronology of a serial killer.

November 16 first case of atypical pneumonia in China.

March 12 WHO issues a global alert for SARS
March 16 over 150 suspects and probable cases of SARS reported around the world.

Okay, here's the first botched response by Trump. He turned down WHO's test for SARS Covid-19. Why? His lame excuse that it was not a reliable test is wrong. It's a lie.

Here's what WHO did for SARS in 2003.

"WHO sets up network of 11 leading laboratories in 9 countries to expedite detection of the causative agent and develop a robust diagnostic test. A similar network is set up to pool clinical knowledge on symptoms, diagnosis, and management. A third network is set up to study SARS epidemiology.

Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome is nothing new. It was a Corona virus in 2003 and it is a SARS corona virus in 2012.

March 20th The USA reports its first case of SARS.

This is a new virus and WHO reports around the clock international efforts to develop a diagnostic test (April 7)
April 11 Four continents and 19 countries are infected.

May 2nd More than 6000 cases reported world wide.

April 10 WHO identifies corona virus responsible for SARS.
May 17 "The first global consultation on SARS epidemiology concludes its work. The experts further confirm that the consistent effectiveness of these measures, which include early identification and isolation of patients, vigorous contact tracing, management of close contacts, and public information and education to encourage prompt reporting of symptoms."

If you read this time line it is eerily similar to what's happening today, with one exception. There was only a few cases of SARS on US soil in 2003 with zero deaths. Why?

CDC : CDC SARS Response Timeline
March 14 CDC activated its Emergency Operations Center.
March 24 39 cases identified 32 of which people had traveled to other countries with SARS.

March 28. The SARS outbreak is more widespread. CDC begins utilizing pandemic planning for SARS.

Was that the same pandemic office that was eliminated in 2018?

April 4th 115 SARS cases reported in 29 states.

April 14th CDC publishes a sequence of viruses believed responsible for SARS. The results came just 12 days after a team of scientists worked around the clock to grow throat cultures of SARS patients.
May 6, no new cases reported in the USA.

July 5th WHO announced that the global SARS outbreak was contained.

Why is it out of control here?

A. No pandemic response office. All of the good people are gone.

B. Trump lied about the outbreak "Only 15 cases...."
C. Trump was not preparing "all the best people" when he knew about this coming in December.

Do I hate Trump? No, he's always been in over his head and I don't think he expected to get elected. I kind of feel sorry for him, but he is a con man and a crook. Those are facts. When you fall for con men you get what you pay for.

This is Trump's fault.

Next time Mr/Ms low information emotional thinker with simple you hate Trump rhetoric sign your name and we can talk about these things like adults. I've seen the blunders, I was in healthcare for 25 years. I know amateurs when I see them.
No, I don't leave reputation for anyone unless I agree with the post. Keep searching....

Old 03-19-2020, 11:47 AM

7,777 posts, read 6,383,187 times
Nightmares!

Old 03-20-2020, 10:37 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I sleep well regardless of who is President.
Exactly.

Anyone who loses sleep over that either needs to grow a spine or see a shrink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies