Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 06:59 PM

8,615 posts, read 10,146,663 times

Advertisements

Was a horrible day today. My partner and I had to put down our handsome Boston Terrier. The rainy day in PHX today just made it more depressing. I'm thankful he's no longer suffering and thankful we both work from home and made that decision together today to put him out of his misery. I miss him so much and see him everywhere I look. I'm worried about my Jack Russell. I don't think it's hit her fully yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 08:41 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,405 times
Nothing has really changed for me. Traffic is lighter for sure. I maintain critical environmental equipment in multiple data centers. Some of my data centers have 911 telecom equipment in them. I am deemed essential personnel. I actually received letters to carry in my van from CISA for approval to travel if it is restricted in the coming days.

It's just crazy seeing traffic this light and hardly seeing anyone at the gas stations in the morning.

Old 03-18-2020, 09:31 PM

934 posts, read 402,535 times
We seem to be all in this **** together. Here in Croatia, schools and universities are closed, teaching is on TV and online, and now they are closing restaurants and all shops except groceries. Country of 4M ppl, 89 diseased so far, 5 of them recovered, no deaths yet. Public health seems to be on top of this situation.

However, we are worried. This country has many old people. And also, its fair share of careless boneheads full Florida style. And I just did the math on EU numbers of diseased and dead / the percentage is 4.6

For me, basically unemployed and generally introverted, doing an internet gig or two here and there, nothing really changed. Right now Im making music, learning all bunch of music related software and that's keeping me busy. My husband works mostly from home, but he occasionally did before this. Daughter is in another city, also working from home.

Old 03-18-2020, 09:36 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Got us working at home. It’s weird. I got a project done and the rest of the day was to myself.
It’s salary so Im good, but I don’t wanna get comfortable...

Old 03-18-2020, 09:40 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Was a horrible day today. My partner and I had to put down our handsome Boston Terrier. The rainy day in PHX today just made it more depressing. I'm thankful he's no longer suffering and thankful we both work from home and made that decision together today to put him out of his misery. I miss him so much and see him everywhere I look. I'm worried about my Jack Russell. I don't think it's hit her fully yet.
This breaks my heart. I am so sorry.

Old 03-18-2020, 09:43 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I alter wedding gowns, so everything is a huge mess. My thinking has been to get the April and May dresses I’ve already started finished ASAP, reschedule the ones I haven’t started, and postpone anything for June. Problem is, I have things like one bride who won’t reschedule, even though I told her I wasn’t going to be available for her appointment. There’s another who was a no-show, and I got voicemail when I tried to see what was up. Another who was gettin married in Italy who was crying so hard on the phone I couldn’t get anywhere with her. It’s been difficult, and will probably only get worse.

Shop is almost completely shut down for now, so it remains to be seen what kind of work will be available for next year’s weddings.

Could you start making medical masks? Some hospitals are running out.

Old 03-19-2020, 01:17 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Third day of forting up. Serious cleaning and organizing done. Now I'm cooking. Maki g big batches of stuff I can freeze and using stuff up that's perishable. Started with a big pot of pasta or whatever sauce and a big pan of Manicotti. The sauce is fully edible just by itself.

And it was a good place to use up stuff. What the hell. Nothing better to do at this point. May as well have a good supply of good chow on hand.

Old 03-19-2020, 01:20 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,052,616 times
Taking it easy, not freaking out. Using common sense and being careful if out and about. Have plenty to keep me occupied at home.

Old 03-19-2020, 01:23 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
No change, business as usual. That is definitely subject to change, if someone gets the virus where I work. I don't have a "work from home" job.

Old 03-19-2020, 02:24 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,242,173 times
One of our friends has it. She is a 29 year old crossfit fanatic and one of the healthiest people we know with no underlying conditions. Now she is to be quarantined away from her own kids and husband. That's ramped the nerves up some more and we're going to a total lockdown. Will just be going out for groceries via curbside pickup as needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies