Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 03:32 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times

Advertisements

I was posting on another thread and thought about this:

How has your day to day changed for you at your workplace and how has your company been impacted?

For me I don't have an official office and work at home or in a "guest office" when I"m on a site location. I have stopped travelling to the actual offices in all of our markets because I don't want to be the cause of spread in our company. Most of our people have done this.

As far as impact on our business, it has seen a few losses, maybe between a 5 and 10 percent downturn.
I am not panicked....yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2020, 04:22 PM

2,846 posts, read 4,520,659 times
no confirmed cases in my county <yet>

we are limiting the face to face contact we have with other staff members - anything we can do remotely, we do. the doors are closed to the public, but staff is still reporting to work. public is encouraged to call/email/fax & staff will respond as needed. some have opted to work from home; some simply can't do their job from home.

we're taking it day by day.

Old 03-17-2020, 04:24 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
I'm able to do 99% of my job from home so they are letting us go that route. Our company does produce vital goods so we are doing our best to keep or facilities open. I can be productive at home when kids aren't around, but with schools closed, it's much harder.

Old 03-17-2020, 04:28 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
I am working at home. It is no different than any other day, although I'm working at night now. Sometimes I have to go to the post office. No worry, I go when it's not crowded and I wash my hands before and after.

I have a case of the sniffles, so I am avoiding contact with pretty much everyone to be safe.

The impact of the virus on my sales and business has been terrible. 50% decline. I'm not losing money, but I'm definitely not getting ahead right now. Not worrying about money though. There is plenty of food and beer in the refrigerator, dry food for long term, so I will get through this just fine. I'm just using the time to build inventory, take on a few jobs I normally wouldn't take, think and plan for the future... Oh ya, and catch up on my sleep!

Old 03-17-2020, 04:30 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,929,392 times
My appraisal business has doubled with the low rates and refinance activity. Only two people so far have provided me with masks & gloves before entering their home, and I'm fine with anything that makes them happy. I don't worry much since I really don't touch anything while inside their home anyway. I'm hoping that Los Angeles does not institute a "shelter in place" order like San Francisco. Appraisers there are not working at all.

Old 03-17-2020, 04:30 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I'm able to do 99% of my job from home so they are letting us go that route. Our company does produce vital goods so we are doing our best to keep or facilities open. I can be productive at home when kids aren't around, but with schools closed, it's much harder.
A little benadryl in their snacks is always an option.

Old 03-17-2020, 04:52 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Trains still running. Still driving them. Otherwise I could hole up in my house with my German Shepards and shoot coyotes.

Old 03-17-2020, 04:54 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
played golf yesterday, played golf today.

Old 03-17-2020, 04:56 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I was posting on another thread and thought about this:

How has your day to day changed for you at your workplace and how has your company been impacted?

For me I don't have an official office and work at home or in a "guest office" when I"m on a site location. I have stopped travelling to the actual offices in all of our markets because I don't want to be the cause of spread in our company. Most of our people have done this.

As far as impact on our business, it has seen a few losses, maybe between a 5 and 10 percent downturn.
I am not panicked....yet.
If my business/industry goes south/stops you all are in a world of hurt!!!!

Old 03-17-2020, 05:27 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
I'm self-employed, so I've always worked from home. My business involves a lot of teleconferencing, so I don't expect too much impact. I have a bike path right outside my door, and as long as I can take still a walk in the woods I'll be fine.

I imagine the biggest impacts are on parents self-isolating with their children at home. I'm glad my kids are grown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies