Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2023, 12:30 PM

17,730 posts, read 6,977,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer21 View Post
Hey, the 13 year old's situation didn't come from the far left. It came directly from him. Listen to what he had to say from an article,

"For as long as I can remember, I’ve liked all the stuff in the “pink aisles.” I’ve always known I’m different. I’ve always known that I’m not a “typical boy.” And, I’ve never really cared that I’m different. There is no part of me – not even a single part – that wants to be a “typical boy.” The thought of having to play baseball or wear boys’ clothes makes me cringe with sadness. It makes me feel like I’d be forced to do something I don’t want to do. Kids shouldn’t be forced to be something or someone who they aren’t. Kids should be able to be themselves."

He goes on to say his parents are supportive. So, it's a personal family thing. Being left or otherwise political coming from outside his family has nothing to do with how he feels.

FROM:https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/f...ender-69628032
It has everything to do with how he feels. If he were raised in a normal environment by normal parents he wouldn’t be delusional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2023, 12:43 PM

24,033 posts, read 15,140,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer21 View Post
Hey, the 13 year old's situation didn't come from the far left. It came directly from him. Listen to what he had to say from an article,

"For as long as I can remember, I’ve liked all the stuff in the “pink aisles.” I’ve always known I’m different. I’ve always known that I’m not a “typical boy.” And, I’ve never really cared that I’m different. There is no part of me – not even a single part – that wants to be a “typical boy.” The thought of having to play baseball or wear boys’ clothes makes me cringe with sadness. It makes me feel like I’d be forced to do something I don’t want to do. Kids shouldn’t be forced to be something or someone who they aren’t. Kids should be able to be themselves."

He goes on to say his parents are supportive. So, it's a personal family thing. Being left or otherwise political coming from outside his family has nothing to do with how he feels.

FROM:https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/f...ender-69628032
Why does this culture permit Mattel and Disney to define gender? That kid bought into it hook, line and sinker. And his family has permitted it.

My kids were not permitted to own Barbie dolls. They really never wanted one.

We owned nothing that defined who they were by color or interest.

Old 10-15-2023, 12:48 PM

11,073 posts, read 6,017,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Funny how all you conservatives still think there's something wrong with guys not liking sports or that sports can cure homosexuality or transgenderism.

Bruce Jenner was a world-renowned athlete, if you remember.
I am not into all the regular sports. But I can assure that I am all male. Heck, I've even been called masculine. I'm into fishing and stuff like that. My currentactivity is raising young birds. Speaking of which, I have three sparrow chicks screaming out for their feed.

Oh, just realized - my favourite sport was chasing girls ...

Anyway, the thing is, it is important for a kid to be raised as his or her gender dictates. Boys do boys stuff and likewise, girls. It's about their natural interests. The trick is to encourage and not stifle. Treat a boy like a boy! How hard is that? Mind you, I've just recalled how as a very young kid wanting to learn to knit and sew. You can guess how long that lasted. I was very quickly outside running around. Maybe that's part of the problem - many kids don't have an outside. But people like the actress mentioned have no excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It has everything to do with how he feels. If he were raised in a normal environment by normal parents he wouldn’t be delusional.
So few words to better express the half book I wrote.

Last edited by 303Guy; 10-15-2023 at 12:57 PM..

Old 10-15-2023, 01:23 PM

146 posts, read 87,630 times
If an adult male wants to take hormones and get surgeries to look, act, and sound like a woman, and then call himself a woman, whatever. To me, that person is a man who is pretending to be a woman, but I won't have a problem calling that person "she" if that's what he wants. I certainly won't treat someone poorly because of it. Live and let live.

That said, kids who are into the transgender crap need help. I believe that they need role models in their lives who will explain to them that God made them the way that they are as boys or girls (whichever the case may be), that they should accept and be proud of how God made them, and that there is nothing wrong with being born as a certain gender.

Old 10-15-2023, 01:47 PM

19,879 posts, read 9,431,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
It’s a good thing that homosexually never existed before the media and internet were invented. We would be extinct by now.
I doubt if ANYONE who hasn't been living in some kind of a "bubble" would deny that homosexuality is a new thing. Unless I am mistaken, it is even referenced in the bible and at least a few 19th century novels made indirect or oblique references to it. Also, many historical figures were known to be homosexuals even though it was not blatantly stated that they were "homosexual".

Old 10-15-2023, 05:07 PM

20,417 posts, read 14,722,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Why does this culture permit Mattel and Disney to define gender? That kid bought into it hook, line and sinker. And his family has permitted it.

Yeah sometimes these threads around this forum get me thinking, because when I was a child (1980s) I wasn't an especially feminine girl...but I wasn't really a tomboy, either. I didn't have enough confidence to pull that off. I was just a shy, nerdy little creature who wanted to read books and hide in the woods and I liked building things more than "role play" with dolls. I was very jealous of the toys that my male cousins got. Not because it had anything to do with masculinity or femininity, I just wanted to make and build stuff. But rather than LEGO and castle sets, I was given Barbies and baby dolls that could pee on you.

The way I see it...such things don't have much of anything to do with gender. Being female does not mean you have to be interested in babies and fashion and cooking. Women have worked jobs and have not been domestic housekeepers as a default for generations now. I wonder if nowadays, if someone would have read my interests as me not wanting to be a girl, or if that idea was in the mainstream enough that I'd have even thought about it, if my child self might have questioned her gender? I hope not. Like I'm not wildly enthusiastic about being woman-gendered but I'm not sad about it either. I just kind of don't care? It's...fine? And I can't imagine I'd feel different or better with different parts? I just don't really find gender to be that interesting, out of any of the aspects that make up a whole person. I mean, I respect if it's crucially important to some people's identities, but for my own sake, meh...I couldn't care less.

I think perhaps in a way that is part of the reason I'm accepting of people who are trans or non-binary or whatever. I just don't care that much about it, so I can't imagine getting upset about what someone wants to do with that. I'm like, "alright, great, have you read any good books lately though?" But I'm also not moving through the world evaluating every human I meet as someone I might either shag or fight...and sometimes the way that I have heard some people talk...it's just a little hard to relate, I guess.

Old 10-15-2023, 06:09 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,804,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
More nonsense from our youth, being corrupted by what they see in the media and online.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/am-13-old-...opstories.html
As one of the best bosses/manager/supervisors I've ever had say "Not my monkey not my circus" (Or Freak Show)

Old 10-15-2023, 06:25 PM

43,258 posts, read 18,408,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

I had both a barbie and a firstbaseman's mitt

Old 10-15-2023, 06:41 PM

27,190 posts, read 15,371,712 times
"I am 13 years old and know nothing about life".

Old 10-15-2023, 06:58 PM

35,760 posts, read 21,126,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
More nonsense from our youth, being corrupted by what they see in the media and online.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/am-13-old-...opstories.html
One out of millions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies