Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 10:49 AM

12,417 posts, read 9,519,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Trump instituted a travel ban from China back when all this impeachment nonsense was going on. Liberals called him racist for it

also most of what you say has been proven to be fake news
Dude, not only did Trump and the people at Fox say all that, the Republicans on CD Forums have been parroting all that and many of them continue to say it!

Old 03-18-2020, 10:51 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Just for starters look through the: "The Coronavirus thread parts I & II" and the "Everything Trump and Coronavirus" threads. I know you're fully aware of the first two listed because you've posted plenty of times in them. How could you possible miss all such posts?
No, I haven't seen a single post "squarely blaming the corona virus and its economic impact on Trump." As I have said, I've seen plenty criticizing him for his approach, which made a bad situation worse or failing to mitigate the fallout, but no I have not seen "many posts" "squarely blaming the corona virus and its economic impact on Trump."

If they are so ubiquitous, surely you can find some to present to us.

Old 03-18-2020, 10:52 AM

4,254 posts, read 3,174,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
1st: They wouldn’t have dismantled the country’s pandemic response team.

2nd: They wouldn’t falsely claim to have the virus under control for the first three months of its spread—a critical time of pandemic response.
First off we survived just fine for a long time WITHOUT a pandemic response team! Secondly it hasn't been 3 months here in the US!

Old 03-18-2020, 10:53 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,670,759 times
This type of hypothetical exercise is pretty useless. I think we should compare the economic hit China takes versus the US at the end of this crisis in terms of percentage of their respective GDP. At least then we can compare the merits of the decisions made by the leaders.

Old 03-18-2020, 10:56 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
They wouldn’t have prevented it.

They just wouldn’t be brushing it off for weeks or saying sick people on a cruise ship should stay there to keep infection numbers low.

I wouldn't be surprised if the video clip of that became part of a Biden campaign ad or an ad sponsored by a super PAC.

Old 03-18-2020, 10:58 AM

12,417 posts, read 9,519,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
First off we survived just fine for a long time WITHOUT a pandemic response team! Secondly it hasn't been 3 months here in the US!
For what it's worth, cases first began to be identified in the USA on Jan 14th.

Old 03-18-2020, 11:00 AM

8,381 posts, read 4,366,655 times
Purely speculative and irrelevant.

Old 03-18-2020, 11:01 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
People are not blaming Trump for the virus, they are blaming him for his lack of response, and denial of it up to less than a week ago.

If Obama or Biden were POTUS, we'd be two-three weeks ahead of where we are now.

Imagine if Trump saying what he saying right now (as I type this) two weeks ago, instead of calling it a media hoax, instead of telling people to go to work, and instead of telling people it will be cured by a miracle. Imagine if if the whole nation began to "flatten the curve" two weeks earlier. If that had happened, we'd still have issues, but maybe we would not have to be viewed as "followers". Maybe Korea would be trying to catch up to the USA, instead of the USA catching up to Korea.

Trump didn't cause COVID-19, but this is yet another (probably the most pronounced yet) example of how he has DIRECTLY been responsible for America's fall as a world leader.
Back when this virus was first started making world news, first thing President Trump did was issue flight cancellation requests for flights into America from China. I remember this clearly because I was on my drive home from work listening to the local demolib radio "news" station. They ran audio of President Trump stating this, and next they ran a few comments by the top local demolib leadership blowhards berating President Trump for even suggesting doing that. They compared it to the wall being built at the southern border.

Old 03-18-2020, 11:03 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Back when this virus was first started making world news, first thing President Trump did was issue flight cancellation requests for flights into America from China. I remember this clearly because I was on my drive home from work listening to the local demolib radio "news" station. They ran audio of President Trump stating this, and next they ran a few comments by the top local demolib leadership blowhards berating President Trump for even suggesting doing that. They compared it to the wall being built at the southern border.
Sadly, he kept denying the seriousness of the virus for subsequent weeks. He's finally convinced it's a real thing now.

Old 03-18-2020, 11:06 AM

2,066 posts, read 900,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Do you mean like when Obama ignored the Gulf Oil Spill for two weeks? That kind of "prompt" action? Or when the embassy in Libya was being attacked?

So tell me ONE instance in which Obama acted promptly to any threat- just one.

"I I I read it in the newspaper, like all of you … now back to my my my sweet-sixteen brackets … "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies