Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2020, 10:00 AM

52,331 posts, read 34,072,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I know. and SARS, COVID-19, all came from that country.

I think it is important to note that Chinese people, and Chinese-Americans are victim too. Nobody wants to get sick.

Chinese government, however, what a evil son of a b@tch.
yup. it's no reflection on chinese Americans at all, or even everyday chinese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2020, 10:05 AM

12,261 posts, read 6,421,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Squandered two months???? While you Democrats focused on "Impeach 45" ... since the day he was elected in 2016 and you have the nerve to accuse him of squandering time? pfft

The Democrats were focused on upholding the oath they took to protect this country including it`s elections. They did not take an oath to protect a president who tried to extort another foreign leader to meddle in our elections. Don`t let the Russian troll farms get to you. Be strong!

Old 03-19-2020, 10:07 AM

3,817 posts, read 4,027,469 times
They have confirmed the first person to have this virus out of China.........Ah Chu.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:08 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,833,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yup. it's no reflection on chinese Americans at all, or even everyday chinese.
Yeah, tell that to Arab-Americans after 911. We have a large ignorant segment of the populations who will follow their president's lead, and as a result Asian-Americans will be targeted. It's already happening. I give you kudos for wanting to believe the best in people, but unfortunately that's not reality.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:22 AM

18,748 posts, read 11,734,332 times
Unfortunately this like the SARS corona virus of 2003 did start in China, and circumvented the globe. The Chinese were less than honest about the virus then and now. It is what it is, but lets all be adults here. Stop the stupid conspiracy theories, disinformation and childish name calling. We all need to work together to end this.

The 2003 SARS virus was worse than this current strain, yet there was not one single death in the USA, and there was no pandemic.

If you want to understand why, read the CDC and WHO timelines on the 2003 outbreak. It's eerily similar with one exception. The 2003 outbreak was handled much much better.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yeah, tell that to Arab-Americans after 911. We have a large ignorant segment of the populations who will follow their president's lead, and as a result Asian-Americans will be targeted. It's already happening. I give you kudos for wanting to believe the best in people, but unfortunately that's not reality.
why would arabs after 9-11 care about my opinion of china/chinese and/or wuhan coronavirus?

that's just plain stupid.

chinese virus indicates a geographical origin, not an ethnicity

Old 03-19-2020, 10:25 AM

39,010 posts, read 27,397,816 times
Quote:
I think this situation is a little bit different.

It is the human nature, people are afraid of the unknown.

I have a Chinese-American girlfriend who went to shopping last Friday. She didn't wear a face mask, another Asian woman dragged her white boyfriend away as if my friend herself is the plague, and she told her boyfriend, "Disgusting, stay away from Asian."

sigh... really ? as if she is dating a white guy, they are immune to the virus isn't she an asian person? lol haha, how ignorant people have to be

Quite frankly, I avoid PEOPLE as much as possible because TRAVELERS are all at risk. Look at European countries' number, if you go by their cases/per million, pretty much a good percentage of the Europeans and or travelers all carrie the virus.

We are truly all in this together.

My Chinese-american girlfriend has the best attitude. She said it is good that b*tch avoided me, so she and her boyfriend don't give what the hell they have to me. LOL haha. What a positive attitude and you go girl!

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 03-19-2020 at 11:07 AM..

Old 03-19-2020, 10:26 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,260,371 times
Quote:
The president said nothing about Asian-Americans. He responded to a rude reporter’s badgering by correctly noting that COVID-19 originated in China. Nothing more, nothing less.

You want to hate on your fellow citizens by calling them “ignorant”? Be our guest. But be prepared to defend your own distortions and outright falsehoods. After all, what is a willingness to foment hatred by telling lies, if not willful ignorance?

Old 03-19-2020, 10:27 AM

here's another nitwit. boo-WHO

Quote:
Mike Ryan, head of the WHO's health emergency programs, made the comments after President Donald Trump defended his use of the term "Chinese virus" when referring to the outbreak.

"I think we've been very clear right since the beginning of this event that viruses know no borders and they don't care [about] your ethnicity, the color of your skin, how much money you have in the bank," Ryan told a reporter from the South China Morning Post at a WHO press conference on Wednesday.
no one is claiming otherwise ya simp.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:31 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,833,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
why would arabs after 9-11 care about my opinion of china/chinese and/or wuhan coronavirus?

that's just plain stupid.

chinese virus indicates a geographical origin, not an ethnicity
Way to deliberately miss the point. Arab-Americans were targeted for violence following 911, even though many of them were American born and had nothing to do with it, because the geographical place of origin was the Arab world. In the same way, Asian-Americans are already feeling this same fallout because of the geographical place of origin of this virus.

The WHO stopped using geography in naming new diseases for this very reason. It is the COVID-19 virus. Trump attempting to rename it will fail except within his own bigoted fanbase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies