Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 03:49 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times

Advertisements

Wuhan or Hubei virus indeed seems like a reasonable colloquial name for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 03:54 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Again, I have not seen any proof of a cover-up, yet, nor is it illegal for a country to cover up disasters within their territories, in fact it is not uncommon around the world. Most countries initially think they can handle disasters alone and thus don't exactly shout it out loud.
They knew they had a massive infection on their hands (sadly, the whistleblower doctor who gave an early alert is dead), and yet they still let their planes take off for every country throughout the world. I wouldn't be so quick to defend China!

Old 03-20-2020, 03:56 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,290,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Keep dreaming. There is no law against accidentally causing an epidemic. There is not even a court that would be responsible.
Also, China is helping European countries as we speak while Europe has had nothing but bad experiences with the US for years now and your president is considered a complete moron by Europeans. Many people here in Europe are sick of Americans. And Europe needs the Chinese market for its exports.
In short, hardly any country will join you in your anti-China crusade.
I'm not American but if I was forced to pick a side, it would be America every time

Old 03-20-2020, 03:57 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,290,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillinICT View Post
They just may. Could be the recovery plan. US defaults on all Chinese loans. US seizes all companies own by the Chinese. Uses those assets to bring manufacturing back home while refusing entry of the Chinese. Prohibit any and all future of purchases of any US asset to include all those homes they own here. In fact, seize those assets too.
China needs to hurt once this is over

Old 03-20-2020, 03:58 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
My fear is that China will play nasty: No antibiotics for YOU, America!

Old 03-20-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
They knew they had a massive infection on their hands (sadly, the whistleblower doctor who gave an early alert is dead), and yet they still let their planes take off for every country throughout the world. I wouldn't be so quick to defend China!
I am not quick to defend China, but I am not quick to condemn it, either.

Doctor Li himself did not want his initial worries to become public like that at first, it seems someone published Li's statements made in a private chat. And that got him into trouble.

Plus, a high court of China later defended him and a few others.

So, that whole China = bad crap is just silly in my view. It is a complex country, which many Americans don't seem to understand.

China told the WHO about its big public health problem in Hubei in late December, actually the same day or only one day later than Li's leaked chat statements. The WHO could and should have warned the rest of the world.

Old 03-20-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I'm not American but if I was forced to pick a side, it would be America every time
I won't side with either, they are both rogue states.

Old 03-20-2020, 04:07 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Really? That doesn't say much for your expression of humanity and empathy.

Old 03-20-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Their economy has suffered a lot for months. Don't put it as though nothing happened in China.
You probably didn't see it on American TV, but Chinese doctors and nurses worked till they dropped, some died from exhaustion.

The fact that Europe and the US are suffering from this pandemic so much now is due to their own lack of preparedness, their own slowness in response, their own mistakes.

Last edited by Neuling; 03-20-2020 at 04:22 PM..

Old 03-20-2020, 04:13 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
You shouldn't be picking a side. This is a global pandemic - which requires more cooperation rather than finger pointing - which doesn't help at all.

Let me again say it - viruses don't care who you are or where you came from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies