Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2020, 04:46 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Sure, it does. Liberals rather than conservatives also tend to be pro-abortion. More killing.
And conservatives tend to be more pro-war. More killing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2020, 04:50 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,565,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
And conservatives tend to be more pro-war. More killing.

Really?

World War I - Woodrow Wilson, Democrat
World War II - FDR, Democrat
Vietnam War - LBJ, Democrat
Escalated Iraq, Afghanistan, got us into Libya and Syria - Barck Obama, Democrat

Old 03-21-2020, 07:19 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Neither is playing quidditch but citing states with the highest % of people playing the sport probably isn't a good proxy for the murder rate.
Well, this is where I'm coming from. Making this a "Democrat vs Republican" thing isn't helping matters at all. Voting Democrat has nothing to do with people committing murder. It is the mentality of the person that has alot to do with it.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Really?

Escalated Iraq, Afghanistan, got us into Libya and Syria - Barck Obama, Democrat
Gulf War: Bush Sr, Republican.
Afghanistan and Iraq: Bush Jr started that. He's Republican.
Invasion of Grenada in 1983: Reagan
Invasion of Panama, 1989: Bush Sr.

Looks like both parties are into war.

And the invasion/occupation of Haiti. It started under Wilson, but continued under Republican and Democratic Presidents.
https://history.state.gov/milestones/1914-1920/haiti

Old 03-21-2020, 07:30 PM

20,027 posts, read 20,831,761 times
Mayor should be telling people to be a better shot. That would free up alotta beds.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Mayor should be telling people to be a better shot. That would free up alotta beds.
I see that you live in Ireland. What dog fight do you have in this?

That aside, how about people not shoot each other people. How about people not join gangs. How about people with really severe anger issues get the help they need so that they don't go out and hurt people.

Old 03-21-2020, 09:00 PM

I will say this about the mayor. He should have been calling for people to quit killing each other beforehand. He should have been doing better to get the murder rate down in the first place. And this has nothing to do with Democrats or Republicans. If other Democratic-ran cities can have markedly lower murder rates (such as Seattle, Portland, Boston, Madison, St. Paul, Honolulu, San Jose, Austin,etc), then what's with Baltimore?

The mayor should have been lashing out at killers period. Former Philadelphia mayor Michael Nutter lashed out at the idiots who were mobbing and attacking people. He stood up on a church pulpit and lashed out, much to the adulation and applause to the persons he was talking to.

Of course, the persons who keep murdering each other aren't going to listen to the mayor. They don't care who is in charge. As long as there are people in gangs, this keeps happening. As long as there are individuals who have so much anger and an inability to control their anger, this stuff keeps happening. Many people only understand violence, they live and die through violence. Some don't expect to live past 30, so they don't care about anyone else, sometimes not even about family members.

How do you solve some individuals having a mentality and way of living steeped in violence? Strict gun laws aren't solving that problem.

Old 03-21-2020, 09:06 PM

17,614 posts, read 6,898,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It doesn't matter who Black Americans vote. What matters is which political party is in charge where they live. If Black on Black murder is horrendous in Republican-ran Tulsa as well as Democratic-ran Milwaukee, does it really matter how Black Americans vote? If Democratic-ran Madison,WI, a city of 255,000 people had 4 murders last year, while Birmingham,AL (population 209,000) got 110 murders last year. Two cities, both are Democrat, and contrasting murder rates. It does not matter which political party is in charge, Black on Black murders are rampant in the ghettos. Black neighborhoods in most cities get left behind no matter what. It doesn't matter who Blacks vote for. What matters is who is in charge.
Well the people in charge of Baltimore are all black Democrats.

I'm very glad I got out of that dump in February. The city leadership and population is racist to the core against anyone who isn't black. What's even worse than the black population of Baltimore is the white liberals who enable it. Those people are seriously the most moronic folks I've ever met in my life.

Old 03-21-2020, 09:21 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Really?

I’m talking conservatives as a general population. Who usually supports wars and who usually protests wars?

Old 03-21-2020, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Well the people in charge of Baltimore are all black Democrats.

I'm very glad I got out of that dump in February. The city leadership and population is racist to the core against anyone who isn't black. What's even worse than the black population of Baltimore is the white liberals who enable it. Those people are seriously the most moronic folks I've ever met in my life.
Baltimore has been a cauldron for racial tensions from day one. Alot of Blacks don't like Whites, and many Whites feel the same way about Blacks. The only difference is that Blacks are the majority in Baltimore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies