Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 10:33 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I am updated and speaking the truth. Young people don’t need to worry as much about serious complications as older people. Risk goes up with age. That’s a fact.
You are correct, with age the risk goes up. But let's not pretend young people are not at risk because they are, and again they could infect others who are at higher risk in every day contact. So the bottom line is it's completely idiotic for young people (and you for that matter) to believe that young people don't need to worry about this. There is a reason the experts have criticized those kids on spring break for being selfish and ignorant about what they could be doing to themselves and others.

This is not my opinion. It is the universal opinion of the medical experts, a group you are not a member of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 10:38 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You are correct, with age the risk goes up. But let's not pretend young people are not at risk because they are, and again they could infect others who are at higher risk in every day contact. So the bottom line is it's completely idiotic for young people (and you for that matter) to believe that young people don't need to worry about this.

This is not my opinion. It is the universal opinion of the medical experts, a group you are not a member of.

I stand by what I said, that they don’t need to worry as much as older people about serious complications. Calm down and read more carefully.

Why are high risk people pitting themselves in close contact with anyone everyday? Why are they not staying home. Most are retired and can stay home without risking going broke. That is idiotic.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:42 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

I am very worried about my pets' medications, however. they each have three weeks of meds left. this vet has seen both numerous times and his unwillingness to renew their medications during this crisis while we are in quarantine is unreasonable and cruel.
Can you order online? Get the prescription from another vet? Seems in these dire times there will be exceptions made.....

Old 03-20-2020, 10:45 AM

17,306 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Potentially a dog walking service willing to take to the vet for you?

Old 03-20-2020, 10:47 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Potentially a dog walking service willing to take to the vet for you?
that is a very good suggestion, notnamed.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I stand by what I said, that they don’t need to worry as much as older people about serious complications. Calm down and read more carefully.

Why are high risk people pitting themselves in close contact with anyone everyday? Why are they not staying home. Most are retired and can stay home without risking going broke. That is idiotic.
Oh I read your post and understand completely what you are trying to say. It has already been explained to you by posters as well as the medical experts why young people most definitely need to take the same precautions everyone else is supposed to be taking even if their risk of dying is considerably lower.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Can you order online? Get the prescription from another vet? Seems in these dire times there will be exceptions made.....
You need an updated prescription to order online and the vet won't issue one without seeing the dog I assume.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:03 AM

Guys President Trump just praised the Governor of California for his stay at home policy. Let that sink in for a minute.

So if 2 sides who never agree on anything can agree on this, and again the experts are making it clear as well, then why on Earth would you think your opinion that these lock downs are a bad idea is valid?

Old 03-20-2020, 11:15 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Guys President Trump just praised the Governor of California for his stay at home policy. Let that sink in for a minute.

So if 2 sides who never agree on anything can agree on this, and again the experts are making it clear as well, then why on Earth would you think your opinion that these lock downs are a bad idea is valid?
Why on earth would anyone ever question authority?

Old 03-20-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Why on earth would anyone ever question authority?
Maybe because the experts know what they are talking about and message board posters do not? Spreading ignorance at a time like this is very dangerous. And telling people that they should continue to go out in public, or that young people shouldn't have to worry too much about this when they can infect other more vulnerable citizens, is ignorant according to the people who actually know what they are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies