Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 05:36 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
Wow. Many of you are seriously wrong.

Yes, 840 total. Except it's on a steep curve, so by the time you typed that it went to 940. It's an increasing number per day. By next weekend, NYC will be losing 1000 per day. Mock it if you must - but all you have to do is wait and see - and then kindly refrain from commenting the rest of this disaster as you are clearly wrong. And if NYC somehow doesn't lose a 1000 a day by next week - then I'll do the same. Deal?

It's not the TOTAL number of deaths - it's the RATE of death. Yes, 50,000 people die in car accidents. NO they don't all die in the same city on the same day. We're not trying to prevent death. That's not possible We're trying to prevent the mass burning of bodies on a barge in the Hudson River. Please. Just wait 20 days. It will be over for most of the country in 20 days, then you can either mock me or shut up, but either way - 20 days for MOST - not all - of us. I don't mean "over" - in the "good" sense - I just mean the Number of Dead Per Day will start to drop.

Also - I can appreciate everyone dies of something sometime - but YOU do not get to pick MY time. And by YOU spreading this - you are effectively picking SOMEONE'S time, not your own. So stop being a stubborn A$$ and stay inside until this blows over. Not because the Gov't. is overreaching. Not because it's good for your liberties. Nope. Do it so your own flipping family doesn't bury three people next month. It won't be YOU. Sheesh. Why is this so hard to understand?

Just because all those other things turned out to be a dud - does not mean some crazy thing can't happen. This appears to be that thing. Get the numbers. Work the data. Stop being petty.

And also stop thinking you know how many died of the flu. You don't. No one does. Not even the CDC. Go check it out.

Again, it's 840 today. 940 now. It will be 1200. 1600. 2000. Then 2600. The next Five days. Will that be "worse than the flu" enough for you? If I'm wrong, great. If I'm right - please stay inside - and stop killing people with your stubborn nonsense. I'll check back here on March 30th and see how I did.
Could this be because Americans have a habit of not believing anything unless it has happened to them? Just look at 9/11. Still many people don't believe it happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2020, 05:47 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Just look at 9/11. Still many people don't believe it happened.
BS...How many? Show me the stats on this one. I know many believe it may have happened differently, but not at all.....are you serious?

Old 03-25-2020, 06:09 PM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,178 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Could this be because Americans have a habit of not believing anything unless it has happened to them? Just look at 9/11. Still many people don't believe it happened.
I have to sadly concur.

A lot of cities are preparing themselves with construction of large warehouses of death complete with large morgues.

Conference centres, ice rinks, sports halls, barracks, hotels etc etc are all currently being converted in to vast houses of death.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:28 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,654,062 times
ITs probably bit selfish, but I get it. Once you are on that downhill slide into oblivion and picking up speed, an extra few years tends not to be big deal. Nobody really looking forward to 103rd birthday in the home where they wheel you out drooling and some ass asks what made you live so long. They are just lucky 103 year olds probably dont have strength to grab nearest lamp and bash the idgit over head with it.

I am not that seriously worried about dying. But have good friend with RA and taking immune suppressant drugs for it. Last close friend so would hate to lose her.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:16 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Because without intervention, it has predicted tens of thousands per day will be dying from this virus, that is why.

ICU space will run out, quick, when millions of people need it. Those without it, have a high probability of dying.

Do you seriously not read anything about this?
Any shortages in respirators, masks, hospitals beds, medical supplies in general, can be tied directly to govt regulations, restrictions, certificates of need, etc. that prevent private companies from quickly meeting demand.
The FDA probably kills more people than the US military.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:29 AM

20,106 posts, read 9,018,880 times
The CDC estimates that up to 31 million Americans have caught the flu this season, with 210,000 to 370,000 flu sufferers hospitalized because of the virus.

The CDC estimates that as many as 56,000 people die from the flu or flu-like illness each year.

How many have died so far from coronavirus?

Hope you find it to be a wise financial decision what's going on. We've added enormous debt to the lives of the younger generations, that's a lot of money to pay back....good luck! spend that $1200 wisely...

Old 03-26-2020, 05:34 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Any shortages in respirators, masks, hospitals beds, medical supplies in general, can be tied directly to govt regulations, restrictions, certificates of need, etc. that prevent private companies from quickly meeting demand.
The FDA probably kills more people than the US military.
Regulation's are needed because there are to many who wish to profit with fake products. It turns out a lot of them are supposed to be conservatives.

Snake oil salesmen have been around for a long time. The only way to stop them is regulation and law.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Regulation's are needed because there are to many who wish to profit with fake products. It turns out a lot of them are supposed to be conservatives.

Snake oil salesmen have been around for a long time. The only way to stop them is regulation and law.
Get real. The people using the products can determine quickly if they are effective or not.

At least you arent denying that the FDA et al. cause needless suffering and death.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:34 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,877,686 times
Flu like illness is not the flu. If someone dies of pneumonia from AIDS - that's a flu like illness. All the same statistic as far as the CDC goes. They do not know how many exactly die of the flu. Don't trust me - go read it on their website. In any case - the data tends to suggest we're gonna blow right by that 56K - and in a month, not a flu season. At a certain point on that way up ... 10K,...20K...you're gonna have to give that up. It ain't the flu.

I sound arrogant? It's not about a crystal ball or any of that. Dr. Fauci knows exactly what's going to happen and when, within reason. Anyone with a calculator and an open mind knows this. The only thing what will prevent it is a thing we haven't found yet - so we call that "hope" - which is a horrible strategy. As in - I HOPE I'M WRONG.

It's not a prediction in the psychic sense. It's a simple exponential curve that all epidemics follow, and New York is on a very steep one. It's not a guess. It's not arrogant. It's science. Saying you know better than that - or even hoping you do - is supremely arrogant. You don't. I don't. No one does. I'm just telling you what the data says - and it ain't been wrong for a month.

My "arrogant guess" today was for NY to have 400 dead or so. The have 385 right now...but the sun hasn't set yet. Still think it's bunk? Tune in tomorrow - it will be 600. Will you believe it then? Or you gotta go all the way to extinction?

Hunker down, people. Be part of the solution - not the part of the spread. It ain't a guess. It's just data. Figure out yourself if you don't believe me. I'm not psychic. But I'm also not a stubborn mule. Read the numbers. Go with it.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
No, its that people are skeptical of an entity that lies over and over again. Even some of the dumbest amongst us are catching on with this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies