Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2020, 07:19 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,166 times

Advertisements

What I don't get is why everyone is making this political? It's an issue effecting the World, and you would have to be a complete azzhat to give a rat's patooty who comes up with an answer to the death-defying problem.

I saw an article reporting that Trump has a distant link and small financial stake to the manufacturer.

Guess what? So do I! LMAO! My Tax Deferred Annuity has, among numerous portfolios, a portfolio that has shares in the manufacturer. Im in it! If you knew how not rich I am, you would be laughing your A off too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2020, 07:25 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,556,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
People are saying that a couple of teaspoons of rat poison washed down with a water glass of bleach is effective. Don't worry about the nausea and vomiting, it's short term. I think all trump lovers should start this treatment immediately. What do you have to lose?
You anti-vaxxers are just the worst.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:27 PM

672 posts, read 256,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
What I don't get is why everyone is making this political? It's an issue effecting the World, and you would have to be a complete azzhat to give a rat's patooty who comes up with an answer to the death-defying problem.

I saw an article reporting that Trump has a distant link and small financial stake to the manufacturer.

Guess what? So do I! LMAO! My Tax Deferred Annuity has, among numerous portfolios, a portfolio that has shares in the manufacturer. Im in it! If you knew how not rich I am, you would be laughing your A off too.
The difference is, you are not on TV pimping an unproven treatment that can, and will kill people. He is a modern-day snake oil salesman pimping out a drug in which he has a financial interest to his credulous base of losers.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:33 PM

Quote:
The difference is, you are not on TV pimping an unproven treatment that can, and will kill people. He is a modern-day snake oil salesman pimping out a drug in which he has a financial interest to his credulous base of losers.
This is not an intelligent take given that Trump was merely repeating what doctors told him. Hydroxychloroquine is by far the most promising thing going....the fact that you refuse to accept that due to partisan politics is kind of pathetic.

The drug has been taken for 65 years by literally millions of people so your moronic take that it'll kill people has no place in any intelligent conversation.

Suggesting that he has a financial interest is even less intelligent. Pharmaceutical companies make little to no money on old generic drugs that any manufacturer can produce. To suggest Trump or any individual pharmaceutical manufacturer stands to gain by doctors prescribing hydrochloroquine is simply a conspiracy theory too stupid for Alex Jones.

Seriously guy, be better than this.

It's not my intention to be mean to you, but this nonsense that you are spewing is seriously pathetic and can cause people to die. You anti-vaxxer types just need to cease.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:33 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,166 times
Quote:
Okay, so doctors treating patients in Europe and elsewhere notice that patients with Lupus being treated with the 'snake oil' Plaquenil for Lupus weren't nearly as susceptible to the virus as everyone else is, which is where the suggested use of this drug originates, makes Trump a pimp and a snake oil salesman?

Yep! I see you drank the koolaid too.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:41 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,208,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
That's not really a puzzle either, the vast majority of black people live in densely populated cities, the virus spreads easier in densely populated cities.

The more likely you are to live close to others, the more likely you get exposed to the virus. Those who live in houses out in the suburbs or sticks are far less likely to get exposed than someone who lives in a packed apartment complex in a city.
this seems not true either ( it is 10/2016, and it is the Atlantic). ...

Quote:
Elizabeth Kneebone, a fellow at the Metropolitan Policy Program at the Brookings Institution, looked at numbers from the 2010 to 2014 American Community Survey and found that 39 percent of African Americans live in the suburbs, 36 percent live in cities, 15 percent live in small metropolitan areas, and 10 percent live in rural communities. That’s a noticeable shift from 2000, when 41 percent of African Americans lived in cities, 33 percent lived in suburbs, 15 percent lived in small metro areas, and 11 percent lived in rural communities.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:52 PM

1,781 posts, read 955,692 times
Quote:
Really...it's a miracle. We'll be at zero cases soon. Believe me.
Whatever you say Skippy. Seek help please.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
this seems not true either ( it is 10/2016, and it is the Atlantic). ...
Hmm, fair enough. Can't argue with the numbers.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:04 PM

35,036 posts, read 16,987,357 times
Quote:
People are saying that a couple of teaspoons of rat poison washed down with a water glass of bleach is effective. Don't worry about the nausea and vomiting, it's short term. I think all trump lovers should start this treatment immediately. What do you have to lose?
Straw man! We're talking about a drug that's been in use for 70 or so years, not a proven poison.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:10 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Straw man! We're talking about a drug that's been in use for 70 or so years, not a proven poison.
Jbg - nothing personal but in my case the use of the quinine drug combinations could easily be fatal or blind me in one eye.

I would agree it has little risk to a 30 year old without compounding illnesses but for those of us of advanced years and normal physical degradation of advanced age it may well be poison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies