Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2020, 07:11 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times

Advertisements

All I know is that now that the drug is not as promising.....or shows no benefit.....the right is no longer calling it "Trump Drug". I was hopeful that it worked. It made sense that it would work to me. I don't care who got credit for it if it saved lives. However, when it looked like it was a life saver.....it was "Trumps Drug". Now you barely here that phrase any longer. I wonder why? To me that pretty much says that the political right no longer believes in it......because if they did.....they would still be calling it the "Trump Drug" to boost his failing stature and performance.

To be Honest.....I don't look forward to a Biden Presidency. I never liked him and right now it looks like he has early dementia. So I think we lose whoever is the next president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2020, 07:14 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
All I know is that now that the drug is not as promising.....or shows no benefit.....the right is no longer calling it "Trump Drug". I was hopeful that it worked. It made sense that it would work to me. I don't care who got credit for it if it saved lives. However, when it looked like it was a life saver.....it was "Trumps Drug". Now you barely here that phrase any longer. I wonder why?
Wow. Did people really call it that? I had no idea. I'm not highly political so I miss a lot of the pet names given to things.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:17 PM

10,352 posts, read 7,977,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The article doesnt say and I havent seen elsewhere, but was participation in the study voluntary?
I'm sure it was. No IRB would approve an involuntary drug trial. And there's be no need to in any case, as this study would hardly have had difficulty recruiting patients.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:19 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
That’s hardly all he’s said.

“… It’s a very strong, powerful medicine, but it doesn’t kill people. We have some very good results and some very good tests.â€

“What do you have to lose? And a lot of people are saying that, and are taking it. If you’re a doctor or a nurse, a first responder, a medical person going into hospitals, they say taking it before the fact is good.â€

“And there are signs that it works on [coronavirus], some very strong signs. And in the meantime, it’s been around a long time, and also works very powerfully on lupus. So there are some very strong, powerful signs, and we’ll have to see.â€

“But we don’t have time to go and say, gee, let’s take a couple of years and test it out. And let’s go and test with the test tubes and the laboratories. We don’t have time.â€

“I want them to try it, and it may work, and it may not work. What if it doesn’t work? It’s nothing lost by doing nothing.â€
I don't see anything wrong with any of that. He also said that it would be between the patient and their doctor whether or not they took it. Anyone that had a condition that would have made it dangerous, should have been advised by their doctor not to take it.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:20 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I don't see anything wrong with any of that. He also said that it would be between the patient and their doctor whether or not they took it. Anyone that had a condition that would have made it dangerous, should have been advised by their doctor not to take it.
So you acknowledge that your original post was a a half-truth at best? Because he certainly stated quite a bit more than your original cherry-picked statement:

Quote:
C'mon people! Trump never said it was a sure thing that hydroxychloroquine would work, his exact words were "it might work, and it MIGHT NOT, let's try it and see".

Old 04-21-2020, 07:21 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Is it true that Trump invested in the company? Someone told me that, but I haven't gotten around to checking it out.
It is true that he has an insignificant holding as do many millions of people via mutual funds or index funds. His holding is somewhere between $99 and $1485. It was just more fake news linking this rounding error to his motivation for talking about the drug.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:21 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Drug widely touted by President Donald Trump causes more deaths versus standard care.

https://apnews.com/a5077c7227b8eb8b0dc23423c0bbe2b2I

Dr Trump that knows more about everything than everybody wins again?
Thank god people are dying huh ditchoc, anything to make Trump look bad will do, the more corpses the better.

Btw, it seems the AP has pulled your article.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:23 PM

8,378 posts, read 4,359,448 times
[quote=southernnaturelover;57911763]I don't see anything wrong with any of that.[f/QUOTE]those

In that case, I have a pill that will make you good looking and you will live forever.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:35 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Drug widely touted by President Donald Trump causes more deaths versus standard care.

https://apnews.com/a5077c7227b8eb8b0dc23423c0bbe2b2I

Dr Trump that knows more about everything than everybody wins again?
Well Trump has stated that he knows more about EVERYTHING then anyone else.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:38 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
C'mon people! Trump never said it was a sure thing that hydroxychloroquine would work, his exact words were "it might work, and it MIGHT NOT, let's try it and see".
This.

But people don't want to hear it apparently.

I cant believe anyone is blaming a president (ANY president) about medicine. Insanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies