Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2020, 11:16 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Damn shame using VA patients as guinea pigs.
Meh, their choice and im fine with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2020, 11:17 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I guess it helps some and not others. Shame it's not a solid treatment for all. I don't know that's we'll ever have one that is, or a vaccine for that matter.
Most of the patients were black. There's no reason to expect blacks to react to this virus or this anti-malarial the same way members of other races do.

Old 04-21-2020, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Yeah no.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/healt...udy/index.html

Listen to the moron speak.
Yes, that's what I do when a moron response to a comment of mine. That's also what I do when someone says "Yeah, no."

I don't get it. Your comment doesn't disagree with anything I said.

Old 04-21-2020, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes, of course not lol
Yes, of course not. What is wrong with you?

Old 04-21-2020, 11:24 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Tank extractions, traumatic brain injuries, sutures, IV meds- We didn't do 'hail Mary medicine'- we did what was prescribed. Really? You trying to diss on a service member? Have fun with that pal.

Oh and the 6 months served in Guatemala during the central American 'war on drugs' and the Contra war? Oh go off with yourself. You ain't seen crap.

You're a blowhard. A Trump blowhard. You tell me where this 'cocktail' has shown efficacy for prescription.

Oh- you can't.
Sutures? Wow.... Not really... TBI, you never treated TBI, I guarantee you that... All you did was hand him over to someone who could... Starting an IV ... I am starting to get the mental image that you haven't even BEGUN to see what real medicine is... I am not dissing the military just someone who acts like a guy with Stolen Valor... Pretending to be more than what he really is... Perhaps you didn't realize that the cocktail is UNDER investigation... Which is still ongoing even though you seem to know more about it then the actual investigators... How in the world did they not get the memo to stop all these clinical trials now that you successfully found an internet article and that is exactly all you have done...

Old 04-21-2020, 11:33 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
This is a great sum-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRFbwjwQ4VE

Old 04-21-2020, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Sutures? Wow.... Not really... TBI, you never treated TBI, I guarantee you that... All you did was hand him over to someone who could... Starting an IV ... I am starting to get the mental image that you haven't even BEGUN to see what real medicine is... I am not dissing the military just someone who acts like a guy with Stolen Valor... Pretending to be more than what he really is... Perhaps you didn't realize that the cocktail is UNDER investigation... Which is still ongoing even though you seem to know more about it then the actual investigators... How in the world did they not get the memo to stop all these clinical trials now that you successfully found an internet article and that is exactly all you have done...
If you push this cockatail- you failed the oath. Period. If you're on the board touting it- you are complicit.

What did you do? Clean bedpans? Mop floors? Do tell.

I've got my DD 214, I'm sure you don't. Blowhard. You have no idea of treating field injuries, including TBI. There was a protocol and it's published. Nice try. We learned that from previous wars.

Like I said- I'd run away from you in a clinical setting like a dog on fire.

Old 04-21-2020, 11:38 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Default OVID-19 treatment hydroxychloroquine showed no benefit, more deaths in VA virus study

Oh, bummer.

What unproven shot-in-the-dark coronavirus drug will the right-wing advocate for next?

Quote:
OVID-19 treatment hydroxychloroquine showed no benefit, more deaths in VA virus study

Malaria drug hydroxychloroquine showed no benefit in a large study of its use at U.S. veterans hospitals, researchers say.

Hydroxychloroquine made no difference in the need for a breathing machine, either.

“In this study, we found no evidence that use of hydroxychloroquine, either with or without azithromycin, reduced the risk of mechanical ventilation in patients hospitalized with Covid-19,” the researchers said. “An association of increased overall mortality was identified in patients treated with hydroxychloroquine alone. These findings highlight the importance of awaiting the results of ongoing prospective, randomized, controlled studies before widespread adoption of these drugs.”

Old 04-21-2020, 11:39 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Are you serious? Vet's are subjected to 'optional' methods quite a bit. And no, the age isn't high risk- we've had soldiers coming home in the VA system for DECADES. These folks are younger than me- in their 30's and 40's. Most in decent shape.
What "optional" methods are you referring to?

About half of VA enrollees are over age 65.

https://www.va.gov/HEALTHPOLICYPLANN...gs_Report2.pdf

Old 04-21-2020, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What "optional" methods are you referring to?

About half of VA enrollees are over age 65.

https://www.va.gov/HEALTHPOLICYPLANN...gs_Report2.pdf
They are often prescribed to studies. And the average age in the VA system is 58.

https://www.va.gov/vetdata/

https://www.research.va.gov/for_veterans/state.cfm

Veterans are more apt to enlist in studies and trials than a lot of others. It's in our DNA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies