Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2020, 08:24 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
That's never going to happen. Trump has a big mouth and he doesn't do much in the way of censuring what comes out of it.

I don't think it was wrong of him to bring up the drug if it turns out it works. Maybe other doctors around the world began to look into possibly using this drug, because he mentioned it? Maybe our doctors here in the USA took notice and began paying attention to or researching it's potential effectiveness? He is a leader after all, and it is his job to lead. Sometimes leaders get things right, and sometimes they get things wrong. That's a consequence of being a leader.

The truth should never be censured, even if a few stupid people die as a result. I think his base would support that. Most rational people know better than to try to play doctor.
You think other doctors around the world are waiting to hear from the US POTUS about possible treatments? These drugs are all known because China experimented with them. Everybody in the medical field around the world is working together on this. They don't need the dumbass US president spouting off about it. And that is why optimism should be contained. They have also tried these drugs. Italy has tried everything. France, Spain, UK everyone! And still people die. Maybe the drugs will save some but most are going to die with little or no benefit.

All Trump did was to give a lot of his followers false hopes and cause a run on fish tank cleaner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 08:26 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
It's not just dosage, it's also that they took a version of something not safe for human consumption.

It was all around stupid.
Mostly it's sad.

The wife correctly determined that chloroquine phosphate was the drug being mentioned as a treatment for covid19. They didn't think about dosage, nor did they wonder what else might be in the formulation they took.

I don't know whether the fish medication was marked with 'Not for human consumption', but seems like it should have been.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:26 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
They took chloroquine formulated to treat aquarium fish.

My guess is dosage.
Well, yes. Dosage, plus, we don't know what other chemicals might have cut in there, or the cleanliness of the environment in which it was formulated.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:29 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Mostly it's sad.

The wife correctly determined that chloroquine phosphate was the drug being mentioned as a treatment for covid19. They didn't think about dosage, nor did they wonder what else might be in the formulation they took.

I don't know whether the fish medication was marked with 'Not for human consumption', but seems like it should have been.
Well, the really sad part, is that there is a need to label fish tank cleaner ‘not for human consumption’.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:30 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
They took chloroquine formulated to treat aquarium fish.

My guess is dosage.
I do not think they tried to calculate dosage, just put some in liquid and drank it. Getting sick immediately certainly sounds like an overdose.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:30 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Mostly it's sad.

It would have had to have a "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION" label, they disregarded that and poisoned themselves.

The medical grade drug has shown to help people, drinking fish tank cleaner is not the same thing.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You think other doctors around the world are waiting to hear from the US POTUS about possible treatments? These drugs are all known because China experimented with them. Everybody in the medical field around the world is working together on this. They don't need the dumbass US president spouting off about it. And that is why optimism should be contained. They have also tried these drugs. Italy has tried everything. France, Spain, UK everyone! And still people die. Maybe the drugs will save some but most are going to die with little or no benefit.

All Trump did was to give a lot of his followers false hopes and cause a run on fish tank cleaner.
Someone - I think WHO - has come up with a list of 69 currently available medications look like they might be useful for treating this corona virus, based on their known actions. Studies are in progress as we speak, and chloroquine is one of them.

The question is always whether a medication that works for one condition will work for another. No matter how similar the conditions look to us, actual bodies may not "see" the similarity.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:35 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Mostly it's sad.

the only photo I've seen of a package of the fish tank cleaner clearly had a big label "not safe for human consumption". Reading the wife's quotes, it's clear she's not very smart and highly-influenced by what she thinks she sees....or possibly reads on some stupid news websites

Old 03-24-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Well, the really sad part, is that there is a need to label fish tank cleaner ‘not for human consumption’.
It was a fish medication, used to treat a fish fungal disease.

You wouldn't think there would be a need to denature alcohol either. But - there is.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:43 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I do not think they tried to calculate dosage, just put some in liquid and drank it. Getting sick immediately certainly sounds like an overdose.
yep.......at the time it was for sale....the aquarium cleaner....on Ebay....for $thousands a container
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies