Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2020, 08:47 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Exactly. And since most medical providers are liberals you better believe they will do everything possible not to give this drug... and if someone dies.. they don't care.

That is their arrogance.
I know 2 doctors that contracted the virus including my primary doctor and both treated themselves successfully with the Trump drug. Now my wife's nephew contracted it as of last night and I hope they treat him effectively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 08:51 AM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Exactly. And since most medical providers are liberals you better believe they will do everything possible not to give this drug... and if someone dies.. they don't care.

That is their arrogance.
I doubt medical providers would go that direction, from what I've seen most who parrot nonsense suggesting those drugs shouldn't be used are just ignorant partisans. Those who know better, even those who are strongly partisan themselves, reject their foolishness... they just don't do so vocally because partisanship. There's no way they'd deny their patients a promising treatment simply due to DNC talking points.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:52 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
When Trump first announced this drug might possibly be a cure, the Left immediately cast doubt.

Now that there is more evidence it does work, the Left quickly pivots to the narrative that Trump has nothing to do with it.

See how the Left is just so full of hate for Trump? They will take whatever position to oppose or bash Trump. The Left is really reprehensible.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:55 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,665,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
If it's used under direct medical supervision, then it seems like a reasonable approach. The doctors can monitor the results and the resulting data will serve to fine tune the required dosage. From what I've read though, the dosage required is on the high end. There's a definite risk factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Drug treatment is best given before the patient gets so sick that hospitalization in required.

The hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin combination helped in clearing the virus quickly. The viral multiplication itself does not lead to worsening of the patient. It is the body's mounting immune response that leads to the cytokine release, and worsening clinical status.

So giving it to ventilated patients may not do much good as reducing viral load at that stage may not change the cytokine storm going on. It is much better to give it early on so that the virus is gotten rid of quickly, before it causes the body to attack it and resulting in attacking itself.

That is why in certain countries it is given for household contacts of COVID patients and in the early stage of the disease when you have the fevers and fatigue. Also to healthcare workers as once weekly prophylaxis so that they don't contract the virus and start spreading to others.

The earlier in the stage of the disease, the better.

Last edited by kamban; 03-31-2020 at 09:15 AM..

Old 03-31-2020, 08:58 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Liberals are begging for more deaths in the belief (probably accurate) that it would give them a chance to beat Trump in November...hydroxychloroquine gets in the way of their dreams.
Bingo, progressives don’t want this crisis to end until November and they don’t care how many deaths or economies collapse in the meantime.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:01 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Bingo, progressives don’t want this crisis to end until November and they don’t care how many deaths or economies collapse in the meantime.
Exactly, they will sellout their own country let alone a few thousand boomer deaths just to get rid of Trump and get another Democrat into office. That is how morally bankrupt the Left has become.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:02 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Ok, I found the fine quote...along with the other stuff:

President Donald Trump said U.S. health officials should have a “good idea” whether an anti-malaria drug being tested as a treatment for COVID-19 is effective in fighting the coronavirus in “the next three days.”
“Hydroxychloroquine is something that I have been pushing very hard,” Trump said Monday morning during an interview on Fox News. “I think we’re going to have a good idea over the next three days because it’s been used now in New York at my request -- 1,100 people. It’s been used. I think that’s better than testing it in a laboratory. But the doctors tell me no.”

There are no proven therapies for the treatment of COVID-19 and U.S. health officials expect a vaccine could take 12 to 18 month

Well that is pretty clear. I don't think I paraphrased it wrongly?? He praised himself, gives an unreal timeline (I think that's tomorrow) and then, after all of that, said that the Doctors said he was wrong....

We went from zero deaths and now he is telling people that he is going to save a MILLION Americans and we should praise him for it....because "only" 200K may die.

Amazing. Really.
you "heard" it the way you wanted to.

What's been coming out of Europe is that indeed, within 3 days, the results have been seen. So we should know soon with those 1,100 test cases in NYC.

Numerous times I have said "I get where the scientists are coming from". Meanwhile, though protocols tell us it's unproven until it goes through trials, it IS a widely-available, time-tested, low side-effect drug.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
If it's used under direct medical supervision, then it seems like a reasonable approach. The doctors can monitor the results and the resulting data will serve to fine tune the required dosage. From what I've read though, the dosage required is on the high end. There's a definite risk factor.
2 grams/day is the high end. They're giving 1 gram day 1, and then 1/2 gram (500 mg) thereafter

Old 03-31-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:

That is their arrogance.

that's crazy talk first, and completely counter-productive.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:11 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
I know 2 doctors that contracted the virus including my primary doctor and both treated themselves successfully with the Trump drug. Now my wife's nephew contracted it as of last night and I hope they treat him effectively.
99% of infected people treat themselves with water and 2 day binge of Game Of Thrones and come out just fine.

Quote:
Liberals are begging for more deaths in the belief (probably accurate) that it would give them a chance to beat Trump in November...hydroxychloroquine gets in the way of their dreams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Quote:

That is their arrogance.
Those are absurd claims. You see everything in a hyper-partisan light, but I think most people simply hope the government would stop selling this as the new black death or ebola, and allow people to get back to normal life.

Your statements fall in "psychological projection" category, where you know how you would behave in a given situation, and you assume others would do the same, and therefore project your own reaction on them.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-31-2020 at 09:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies