Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 05:37 AM

12,335 posts, read 8,065,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Sure you will. Gotta keep the stock topped up...
There is truth in that as I go out to work daily now on a 12 hour shift to pick over the carcass of the stores on emergency restocking closed hours my thought is to supplement and replace items that are pulled from the earthquake kit because frankly the big one can still hit at anytime and the lifeline of the fast food drive through window can go down.

It just happened that yesterday was the first day I saw an egg in a store since the panic began a week ago and while I see people walking out with the luxury paper items while driving around during the day when I get off there are none of them or most cleaning supplies available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 05:45 AM

5,647 posts, read 5,069,518 times
The Ferengi 23rd Rule of Acquisition...

I stocked up on ammo, preppers. With 60K rounds, I’m coming for your hoard of toilet paper...

Old 03-20-2020, 05:53 AM

27,037 posts, read 13,287,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
This is why we prep. We were ready
This is every preppers dream.

You can now go in to your heavily stocked underground bunkers and self isolate.

Old 03-20-2020, 06:20 AM

1,086 posts, read 440,717 times
[quote=Brave New World;57614426]This is every preppers dream.

You can now go in to your heavily stocked underground bunkers and self isolate. [/QUOTE

Being prepared is just smart. viruses, credit collapses and financial tsunamis , climate change, oil shortages, war, nuclear weapons, natural disasters and power outages are apart of life. There is nothing wrong with trying to achieve some level of self sufficiency.

Old 03-20-2020, 06:22 AM

20,957 posts, read 5,530,197 times
Quote:
This is why we prep. We were ready

This is why we hunt, garden, can and preserve the fruits of our labor, and learn as many skills as possible so we do not need to run to "experts" or anyone else to get our needs met. It's called self-sufficiency. It used to be a skill set that every adult was expected to possess.

No fear.

Old 03-20-2020, 06:28 AM

27,037 posts, read 13,287,398 times
Quote:

Being prepared is just smart. viruses, credit collapses and financial tsunamis , climate change, oil shortages, war, nuclear weapons, natural disasters and power outages are apart of life. There is nothing wrong with trying to achieve some level of self sufficiency.
There are some sensible preperations you can take if you live in an area that is prone to flooding, hrricane or other such natural disaster, however some preppers go to far and seem obsessed.

I don't think nuclear war is something I am specifically planning for, indeed such a war on a large scale would lead to the end of the world and civilisation no matter how much prepping you did, and to be honest I swould rather just die in the blast.

Old 03-20-2020, 06:28 AM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Also, for all those who are now hording rolls and rolls of TP....I don't ever want to hear about how many guns/ammo/magazine...I have in my possession.

Old 03-20-2020, 06:30 AM

50,153 posts, read 46,811,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The Ferengi 23rd Rule of Acquisition...

I stocked up on ammo, preppers. With 60K rounds, I’m coming for your hoard of toilet paper...
nice starter kit

Old 03-20-2020, 06:32 AM

6,890 posts, read 2,636,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Sure you will. Gotta keep the stock topped up...
Yep. You don't eat into your own stash until there is none available to buy.

Old 03-20-2020, 07:44 AM

18,415 posts, read 7,048,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Preppers FINALLY get a chance to gloat.

Well, they probably deserve it.

They've been ridiculed by the Left for years as paranoid nut cases.

If the last few weeks has proved anything, it's they're perfectly justified in being prepared for their fellow Americans freaking out and hoarding.

And this isn't even that bad when you put it in perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies