Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 07:49 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This is Politics 101. I don't like it but it's completely party neutral imo. This would be occurring no matter whom was president.
If this is true, then how do you account for (1) bi-partisan praise of George W. Bush after 9/11 and (2) GOP "neutrality" (that's probably the best descriptor) on Obama's handling of Hurricane Sandy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 07:59 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So how did WHO manage to scrounge up the resources to develop, deliver, and train 60000 test kits to healthcare-weak countries before America was able to do the same for its own citizens?
you'll have to consult WHO about that. one big help was that they didn't have a reagent issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I am so tired of hearing this. WHO never offered the USA the test kits because the USA has ALWAYS has developed their own in response to contagious diseases as we have the resources to do so and because of American laws and regulations have more stringent requirements. This happened during the H1N1 - see bolded below. At the time this was done WHO had H1N1 tests, but as always, we created our own because of FDA regulations.

What exactly has Trump done differently than the above?
Has Trump declared a national emergency? Yes
Is the CDC currently working on virus sequencing? Yes
Is the CDC working on a vaccine? Yes
Has special funding been secured from Congress? Yes
The exact same way it occurred during H1N1 and other viral outbreaks, their hands aren’t as tied by a bunch of regulations.
thank you. i can see that you're getting as tired of hearing this incorrect drivel as i am.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:01 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Are you mad now b/c anti-gun liberals are rushing out to buy guns ?
Not sure what this has to do with your worshipping an incompetent.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:01 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you'll have to consult WHO about that.
So I should ask WHO why they were on the ball and able to respond quickly and effectively to a pandemic, while America wasn't?

Old 03-20-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Why would Trump "fast track" anything when he was convinced that this was no big thing and that the virus was essentially a "democrat" scare tactic.

Sadly, the old Hag and all her rightie friends are unwilling to admit that this was Trump's perspective as late as two weeks ago and instead are going with this "Trump had his hands tied" nonsense.
if that was his perspective, why was the CDC working on their test since january? in fantasy scenario, trump surely would have told them to stop. right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So I should ask WHO why they were on the ball and able to respond quickly and effectively to a pandemic, while America wasn't?
i already answered your question eddie spaghetti.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:07 AM

[quote=Oldhag1;57615140]First, just to be very clear, I have never voted for Trump, in the past I have voted for Democrats as much as Republicans, and if there was an option on the Democratic side other than a guy who clearly had dementia or a communist I would probably vote for that person in 2020. As is, I will most likely again vote 3rd Party, so this has nothing to do with blind defense of Trump. Too many are allowing their hatred of Trump to automatically color everything they hear or see on the news.

Second, until that national emergency was called his hands were tied.

Third, have you conveniently forgotten all the cries that his travel ban was xenophobic AND the subsequent Democratic bill to bar him from making any travel bans, that has mysteriously disappeared?

https://youtu.be/aAdzW-mRKTk

pepperidge farm remembers...

https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/st...14098614018057

Old 03-20-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
if that was his perspective, why was the CDC working on their test since january? in fantasy scenario, trump surely would have told them to stop. right?

i already answered your question eddie spaghetti.
Just making sure we're on the same page. So then you agree that America was NOT on the ball and screwed up our response to the virus then?

Old 03-20-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
First, just to be very clear, I have never voted for Trump, in the past I have voted for Democrats as much as Republicans, and if there was an option on the Democratic side other than a guy who clearly had dementia or a communist I would probably vote for that person in 2020. As is, I will most likely again vote 3rd Party, so this has nothing to do with blind defense of Trump. Too many are allowing their hatred of Trump to automatically color everything they hear or see on the news.

Second, until that national emergency was called his hands were tied.

Third, have you conveniently forgotten all the cries that his travel ban was xenophobic AND the subsequent Democratic bill to bar him from making any travel bans, that has mysteriously disappeared?

https://youtu.be/aAdzW-mRKTk
pepperidge farm remembers...

https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/st...14098614018057
I didn't realize Africa had a pandemic situation at the same time that China did. Do you have more information about what disease came out of Africa that would have necessitated a travel ban?

Old 03-20-2020, 08:10 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Hindsight is always 20/20. Obama should have done things better during the swine flu but he wasn't and still isn't criticized, why not? It is old news, water under the bridge. Could Trump have done things better, of course he could have but he was doing the best he could in the face of this ever unfolding and complex crisis. The Left accused him of racism for stopping travel from affected areas early on and a week later that was the best thing to do.

This is an unprecedented crisis and Trump and his people are doing the best they can. Does anyone actually think that Hillary or Uncle Joe or even Bernie would be doing anything differently? The media certainly wouldn't be as alarming as they have been if a Democrat was in charge so there is that but the humanitarian aide? Trump is doing a good job but when it comes to his detractors he is damned if he do and damned if he don't.

The guy can't win or even break even in the eyes of the Dems so of course they are going to use this crisis against him.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hindsight is always 20/20. Obama should have done things better during the swine flu but he wasn't and still isn't criticized, why not? It is old news, water under the bridge. Could Trump have done things better, of course he could have but he was doing the best he could in the face of this ever unfolding and complex crisis. The Left accused him of racism for stopping travel from affected areas early on and a week later that was the best thing to do.

This is an unprecedented crisis and Trump and his people are doing the best they can. Does anyone actually think that Hillary or Uncle Joe or even Bernie would be doing anything differently? The media certainly wouldn't be as alarming as they have been if a Democrat was in charge so there is that but the humanitarian aide? Trump is doing a good job but when it comes to his detractors he is damned if he do and damned if he don't.

The guy can't win or even break even in the eyes of the Dems so of course they are going to use this crisis against him.
Again.... What is this racism accusation I keep seeing pop up. Who did? What did they say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies