Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2020, 07:49 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And Trump's response was effectively, go **** yourself. That's what he said to Americans.

No, that's what the MEDIA was saying to Americans. Trump holds the Media accountable for their lies and deception like a true leader should. Previous Presidents have been COWARDS towards the Media, fearing their power and influence. Well, the American people have woken up to the fact that 95% of the Media are Democrat Propagandists. Nothing more.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:33 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No, that's what the MEDIA was saying to Americans. Trump holds the Media accountable for their lies and deception like a true leader should. Previous Presidents have been COWARDS towards the Media, fearing their power and influence. Well, the American people have woken up to the fact that 95% of the Media are Democrat Propagandists. Nothing more.
Yet you don't want to make the President accountable when he lies to the American public, lies that gave them false hope. Just a quick review off the top of my head:

This whole thing was a Democratic hoax

If you want to be tested you can get tested.

It dies in hot weather (this has not been been confirmed)

Cornoa virus is very much under control (said in February)

Insurance companies have waived co-pays for COVID-19 treatment

And there have been so many more lies that you want to just ignore.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:40 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Trump has no words to comfort a scared nation because he is incapable of empathy.
Run your own life like an adult would and quit relying on government to make you feel good. That's what children do.

Quote:
He has no idea what it means, so how can we expect him to display it? It doesn't fit into his Me! Me! Me! state of mind. Being forced to think about others is "nasty."
It's always about policy and the big government policies you love are known failures.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Run your own life like an adult would and quit relying on government to make you feel good. That's what children do.

It's always about policy and the big government policies you love are known failures.

It seems many on the Left are weak, insecure, and need others to make them feel "safe".

Old 03-22-2020, 08:47 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The question was "what do you say to scared Americans?"

How is that question a lie or deception? Also, how do you explain the misinformation coming from the president?

Old 03-22-2020, 08:51 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
LOL

1:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw0T9RK0GrA

Golden. Love my president.

Both my mother and my husband who strongly dislike Trump both admit he's growing on them.

I think his popularity is on the rise, and will be higher once this is over.
Great leadership! Make a tragedy all about his narcissist donkey's rear end.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:56 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times
Quote:
Trump has no words to comfort a scared nation because he is incapable of empathy. He has no idea what it means, so how can we expect him to display it? It doesn't fit into his Me! Me! Me! state of mind. Being forced to think about others is "nasty."

That's precisely what he was doing when he was accused of offering " false hope " by the NBC hack.
Some people have been driven so mad by TDS their judgement is shot.
Your problem is you're social distancing from the truth.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:57 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Good grief the amount of folks who need their feelings stroked by a politician. Did you hear anything else from the press conference at all? From the docs? Anything? "Trump told a reporter he's terrible!"

Old 03-22-2020, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
The question was "what do you say to scared Americans?"
Trump was being reassuring, and optimistic. The Media tied to derail that with lies.

Quote:
How is that question a lie or deception? Also, how do you explain the misinformation coming from the president?

Exactly what misinformation is coming from the President? He is communicating what was known AT THE TIME, and also communicating directly using his Medical Experts. Some of which are known enemies of his, yet he relies on them anyway. Fauci for one. A known Hillary worshipper, yet he's still at the podium, right next to the President and given time to speak and answer questions.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:13 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Peter Alexander, White House correspondent at NBC News, asked the US president:

Tell us what is so wrong about this question?

The same question could be asked during wartime and I think baby Trump would answer the same way.

The president is trying to be positive and the reporter is doing his best to destroy that by asking yet another ridiculous “gotcha” question that backfired on his sorry ass.

The fear mongering the reporter would like to promote only serves to fuel counter productive behavior such as the current hoarding situation that the leftist media have been exceptionally successful in creating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies