Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 01:26 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,008,037 times

Advertisements

Love it when he calls this out

Reporter: "Why are you giving people a false sense of hope?"

What kind of question is that to ask the POTUS??

That guy should've have been booted out the room and fired.

I love how he answered that.

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Trump is a terrible president. He continually endangers the nation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I hired Donald J. Trump to not be Presidential....
If the past Presidents are the example.
#MeTOO BB. Can you believe these fools are about to nominate Slo Joe to be their Candidate.

He could not have stood up there for 15 minutes without Jill having to come rescue him.

16,552 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
my wife can't stand Trump but thinks he's doing a good job with CV. He'll ride that into a second term. Kinda puts that failed impeachment into perspective.
Most people (except for elected Democrats and their propagandist MSM) think he and his team are doing the right things.
They certainly do not blame him for the virus outbreak. Only the leftists are trying to score political points against him, which of course is nothing new.

Heck remember when a few of them were wishing for a recession, thinking that might be the only thing to stop his re-election?
The thing is that for it to work, it would have to be because of mistakes he made to cause it, not a global recession caused by a virus and the ineptitude of the Chinese government to contain it.

As for calling a spade a spade, I am glad he is jumping on the media, as they should be helping pull our country together, not try to have a gotcha moment with their biased coverage and reporting. Like that woman reporter the other day asking a question about does Trump think he should stop calling it a foreign virus, because it comes across as racist.
Maybe to her and other PC adherents is sounds racist to tell the truth, but I'll bet dollars to donuts they refer to the "Spanish Flu".
Does that make them racist against brown people?
What about MERS, is that bigoted toward Islamic people?

`

Old 03-20-2020, 01:28 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Most people (except for elected Democrats and their propagandist MSM) think he and his team are doing the right things.
They certainly do not blame him for the virus outbreak. Only the leftists are trying to score political points against him, which of course is nothing new.

Heck remember when a few of them were wishing for a recession, thinking that might be the only thing to stop his re-election?
The thing is that for it to work, it would have to be because of mistakes he made to cause it, not a global recession caused by a virus and the ineptitude of the Chinese government to contain it.

As for calling a spade a spade, I am glad he is jumping on the media, as they should be helping pull our country together, not try to have a gotcha moment with their biased coverage and reporting. Like that woman reporter the other day asking a question about does Trump think he should stop calling it a foreign virus, because it comes across as racist.
Maybe to her and other PC adherents is sounds racist to tell the truth, but I'll bet dollars to donuts they refer to the "Spanish Flu".
Does that make them racist against brown people?
What about MERS, is that bigoted toward Islamic people?

`
Yes, I'm sure Americans are so proud for Trump jumping on a reporter who asks what he would say to scared Americans. I know Trump's response made me feel better! SMDH.

Old 03-20-2020, 01:29 PM

17,306 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Love it when he calls this out

Reporter: "Why are you giving people a false sense of hope?"

What kind of question is that to ask the POTUS??

That guy should've have been booted out the room and fired.

I love how he answered that.
Or how about:
I get that people are scared, you may be scared yourself. But there is reason for hope and we are doing the best we can to see this through.

Instead of attacking him for relaying questions that many American people have themselves.

But sure, he got that lib good...

Old 03-20-2020, 01:30 PM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
The press pool is a cesspool.
Always has been. Bush had to guess how much a gallon of milk cost. Trump has to justify calling the virus the Chinese Virus - over and over.

Stupid, niggling questions have become the norm. Now Trump is asked to justify putting a positive spin. He answered the question and it was simply asked again.

Here an Eisenhower press conference. Note the huge difference:
https://www.c-span.org/video/?153075...ess-conference

Fast forward to 11 or 12 minutes to see real questions from real journalists.

Old 03-20-2020, 01:31 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
What was false with what the reporter stated?
Alexander has been lying about everything Trump for 3+ years now. He is a liar, plain and simple. I would not let him in the 'press' room. He couldn't spell journalist if you gave him half the letters......

Admit it...you despise Trump, that's all this is about.

Old 03-20-2020, 01:31 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The reporter quoted stats and asked Trump what he would say to scared Americans in light of that. An adult would have said something like "we are working diligently with healthcare experts, the healthcare industry, insurance industry and drug industry to try and formulate new drugs and protocols to combat this virus as efficiently and effectively as possible. Meanwhile, be assured that I am working closely with Congress and each state in order to bring relief to as many of those financially affected by this virus as possible. Our utmost priority is the healthcare and economic situation of each government, business and individual affected. We will continue educating ourselves in the midst of the spread of this deadly disease and will make whatever adjustments and decisions that need to be made in order to protect our citizens."

I think that would have been a good start.
Admit it...nothing Trump could have said would've made you happy! You will bash him regardless!

So with millions of kids suffering abuse, how are you going to comfort your kids about their abuse? Why won't you answer the question?

Old 03-20-2020, 01:35 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The press pool is a cesspool.
Always has been. Bush had to guess how much a gallon of milk cost. Trump has to justify calling the virus the Chinese Virus - over and over.

Stupid, niggling questions have become the norm. Now Trump is asked to justify putting a positive spin. He answered the question and it was simply asked again.

Here an Eisenhower press conference. Note the huge difference:
https://www.c-span.org/video/?153075...ess-conference

Fast forward to 11 or 12 minutes to see real questions from real journalists.

LOL. A much better comparison to make is one between Trump and President Eisenhower. Notice the difference in the conduct of the two men.

Act like a spoiled teenager, you'll be treated like a spoiled teenager. End of story.

Old 03-20-2020, 01:35 PM

8,608 posts, read 10,139,218 times
As I stated in another thread, Peter Alexander is like many journalists who are simply trying to create a "gotcha" moment with the President and trying to sensationalize everything. He's a jerk. What exactly is NBC and the other alphabet networks doing to reassure the public during a time of crisis exactly?

I watched a segment of Martha MacCallum (a real journalist) last night who had scientists on her show who have been researching different experimental drugs like Chloroquine for potential treatment of Covid-19. In contrast and after the segment, I turned to ABC World News and everything reported on that segment was pessimistic. EVERYTHING. And, it was sensationalized pessimism.

Don't tell me that all Peter Alexander wanted to know was what the President would do to assure scared Americans. NBC and Peter Alexander (along with many of the other networks) aren't working to reassure anything except their continued existence in the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies