Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 04:48 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Exactly. My state has 145 hospitals. Lets say each hospital has 50 beds available. That is 8000 beds.

Right now there are 60 people hospitalized in the state.

The hospitalizations do not stay static. People get better. So every day this goes on, people get better and leave the hospital.

Lets assume hospitalizations double each week for the next 8 weeks and NO one gets better -480 well within our ability.

Notice no one every does any detail on what the Italy care system has by the numbers?
By the numbers Italy has MORE beds and MORE doctors per capita than the US...that fact has been out there for awhile now but yeah tell us again how "no one does any details on what the Italy care system has"

Your ridiculous assertions about "numbers of beds available" has already been pointed out but let me add..

I work at a Level 1 Trauma/Teaching hospital with nearly 1000 beds....we NEVER have "50 Beds" available...

MOST hospitals run at or close to capacity never mind the shortage of ICU beds and ventilators which are really what is needed.

It will take VERY little to push hospitals over capacity and then people that could have otherwise been saved including many young people will die

Your "assumptions" about hospitalizations, beds available are based on what exactly????

Numbers you pulled out of thin air that have no relation to reality....right?

Old 03-21-2020, 04:49 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephariel View Post
So imagine how bad it could be if you don't have a lock down. Are you even thinking right now?
Italy have 50K+ cases. How many cases do you think there will be if there isn't a lock down?
Ridiculous. If they are in lock down how is is spreading? Certainly not in the mass numbers that they are posting.

Old 03-21-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
LOL, I love how all lefty scenarios require you to "use your imagination"...

How about dealing with reality as it is for a change, like the rest of the grown ups

The Chicoms didn't think it was worth dealing with at first. They did decide human lives were not valuable enough to risk interfering with their economy and way of life. Very poor example you decided to use. Human life has very little value over there.
Please don't include yourself in any discussion of "grown ups"

Your infantile posts with no relation to reality and no understanding of what is really going on here.

You really should let the "grown ups" discuss the topic....you clearly belong at the kids table

Old 03-21-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephariel View Post
You have no problem doing it, because you are not a leader and you are an idiot. Go to Italy and tell them to just let thousands die and spread the virus everywhere and see how far you get.
I know you are but what am I ?

Old 03-21-2020, 04:52 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
By the numbers Italy has MORE beds and MORE doctors per capita than the US...that fact has been out there for awhile now but yeah tell us again how "no one does any details on what the Italy care system has"

Your ridiculous assertions about "numbers of beds available" has already been pointed out but let me add..

I work at a Level 1 Trauma/Teaching hospital with nearly 1000 beds....we NEVER have "50 Beds" available...

MOST hospitals run at or close to capacity never mind the shortage of ICU beds and ventilators which are really what is needed.

It will take VERY little to push hospitals over capacity and then people that could have otherwise been saved including many young people will die

Your "assumptions" about hospitalizations, beds available are based on what exactly????

Numbers you pulled out of thin air that have no relation to reality....right?
Thank you. I am starting to think since there is absolutely no way people can be so stupid that it must be that these people are very scared and denial is their way of coping.

Old 03-21-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Ridiculous. If they are in lock down how is is spreading? Certainly not in the mass numbers that they are posting.
Because Italy, like the US DELAYED in instituting a lockdown....

We haven't even BEGUN to see the numbers we will in another a week or two.

A new study calculates that the median incubation period for COVID-19 is just over 5 days and that 97.5% of people who develop symptoms will do so within 11.5 days of infection.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0317175438.htm

Old 03-21-2020, 04:55 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Please don't include yourself in any discussion of "grown ups"

Your infantile posts with no relation to reality and no understanding of what is really going on here.

You really should let the "grown ups" discuss the topic....you clearly belong at the kids table

The reality is people like you want the whole world to pause, for a disease that kills 1% of those infected... Maybe...

Grownups aren't afraid of their own shadow like the fear mongers trying to shut everyone up who will not sit, panic and cry with them.

Adults would rather deal with the virus as we have always dealt with viruses.. Live and let live. Not create a great depression and plunge the world into poverty, which will kill far more people than the virus when all is said and done. At least the virus will kill mostly old people who have already lived out their lives. The poverty is going to effect everyone, but probably the younger people the most.

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
If you don't have an underlying condition, you're pretty much safe. Italy came out with a report that of the deaths, 99.2% had at least one serious medical condition. The real fear is that you can pass it someone who is in a vulnerable group.

That said, I wonder if it wouldn't have been better to quarantine everyone who is over 65 and/or has a serious underlying condition (and those two factors would overlap, since older people tend to have medical conditions) and let the working-age population continue to go to work and spend money. The vulnerable group would be protected, and the economy wouldn't be in a downspin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Thank you. I am starting to think since there is absolutely no way people can be so stupid that it must be that these people are very scared and denial is their way of coping.
There is no way to check any of that...

Cause I am a super duper doctor at an 1 zillion level trauma center and we have a zillion beds available every single day.

If you truly are a medical worker more evidence that they are just as hysterical and if not more and want money money money and hero worship -- that I am getting sick of.

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
They will set up tents and beds outside if necessary. Not everything shuts down over one new disease. People are capable of adapting and figuring out solutions. Panicking is counterproductive to this.
You are in Michigan. It is still cold. Do you want to be sick, on a ventilator, while laying in a tent? Great fresh air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies