Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2020, 10:31 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
too much for big corporations not enough for small business.

Do we blanket approve what the party puts out there -- or do we say -- hey wait a minute -- they other guys have a point on this one.

Up to you.
Democrat leaders are blocking a bill DEMOCRATS helped negotiate.

Then Schumer and Pelosi roll in and blow it up over politics.

Old 03-22-2020, 10:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
You will find out in November how the Dems put the nation in financial ruin to compensate a minority of the population with $10K payoff of student loans. I better get a check of $10K to pay down my car note. My tax dollars shouldn’t be used to pay somebody’s college education that is a elective. After grade 12 in high school they are on their own with their financial decisions in life.
The deeper I get in this thread the more I realize that it's nothing but a cheap deflection done by Trump Sycophants to distract from the 500 BILLION that Trump wants to sideline for his own personal kitty using that loyal little weasel, Steven Mnuchin to dole it out as directed. Tax payer dollars are under direct supervision and control of the legislature and not the executive or his flunkies.

We're just not going to go for it and your stupid student loan deflection rings hollow.

Old 03-22-2020, 10:35 PM

858 posts, read 424,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
That was your boy Obama, you democrats own his legacy. He worked for Wallstreet and the unions. Everyone else got whatever crumbs fell from the tough. And now democrats own the legacy of giving all Americans, including yourself, the finger equally, just so you can crash the economy before the election. And you folks accuse republicans of not voting for candidates who have their best interests in mind
The Wall Street Bailouts started under Dubya. I thought the Trumpers distanced themselves from Dubya, Obama, and the Bailouts. Why are you know essentially championing V2.0?

Old 03-22-2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If it was a bill giving financial assistance to illegal immigrants, all Dems would vote to pass it.

But not Americans.

Anyone else find that fact infuriating?
Cheapest shot taken in a long time based on nothing but the six inches of empty space between your ears.

You just pushed the narrative that all democrats would vote for financial assistance for all illegal immigrants with no basis in fact and that democrats are not americans.
and the fact that you are infuriated by something you just now made up in your head.

What the **** is the matter with you?

Old 03-22-2020, 10:41 PM

17,605 posts, read 6,894,659 times
This thread is a highly educational if you want to know the depths to which left wing extremists will defend their overseers in the Democrat Party. How lemminglike.

Old 03-22-2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Cheapest shot taken in a long time based on nothing but the six inches of empty space between your ears.

You just pushed the narrative that all democrats would vote for financial assistance for all illegal immigrants with no basis in fact and that democrats are not americans.
and the fact that you are infuriated by something you just now made up in your head.

What the **** is the matter with you?
It's almost like he repeated what every Democrat presidential candidate said at all the Democrat debates.

Old 03-22-2020, 10:44 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Why is she trying to foist off $10K of student loan debt onto OTHER PEOPLE at this juncture? Pure blackmail.
I don't think you know what blackmail means.

Old 03-22-2020, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
You know how all politicians are. They are narcissists. They care about themselves and their votes and their reputation and power. So of course they are going to "fight" it just so they have something to use in the upcoming election.
Soon, probably tomorrow they will have a approval vote. It's all planned and calculated.
no it's not! this whole thing is a much bigger deal than America has faced before with bad leadership to add to the problem.

Old 03-22-2020, 10:45 PM

The Democrats have sunk to a new low today and I didn't think that was possible.

Rewrite the bill to include a few trillion for illegal aliens and they'll be all for it.

Old 03-22-2020, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
no it's not! this whole thing is a much bigger deal than America has faced before with bad leadership to add to the problem.
The Presidential leadership is just fine. Democratic "leadership" in Congress is a joke and it has been for a long time. I'm surprised they haven't gone back to trying to impeach the President over Russia or Ukraine. It's all they're really good at and they aren't even good at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies