Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 05:56 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Laying off workers is what keeps the virus from spreading.

As far as corporations go, I see no reason to come running in with a bunch of free money for them.

**** happens and they have to take their lumps like everyone else.
Yeah and let's remember the large companies that fire employees off the bat rather than pay them and boycott them when it comes time to reopen. Regal Cinemas is on that lost, but I can't frequent them in the first place. If I hear AMC doing that, I'm canceling AMC Stubs A-List.

I'm not including mom and pops since most live hand to mouth, so they don't have a war chest.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:43 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
And? So?

Again show proof Rand Paul contracted it at the event even though he has higher than average risk and showed no symptoms two weeks later.

Think instead of being herded like a little lamb.

Again show proof Rand Paul contracted it at the event even though he has higher than average risk and showed no symptoms two weeks later.

You'll continue to deflect from those points and will continue to not care about the truth. The unwillingness to discuss those points is proof you've lost.
You're the lamb. Don't you know "healthy carriers" like Sen. Paul can still spread the virus despite not showing symptoms. Just admit it, you are Paul fan and chose to defend him despite the fact he made a very poor choice working out at the Senate facilities while awaiting his results. If I were stupid enough to do that, I would deserve call-out culture's wrath.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:50 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
One of the many faults of selfish individuals like Paul is that, even after they are infected, they don't clearly tell us - EXACTLY - how they got it.

The way human problems are solved - or dealt with - is led by sharing of experience.

If ALL these Congress Critters that got the thing carefully detailed exactly how close they were - and how they interacted with the other infected, it would help the public understand both h the risks..and the lack thereof.

For example, if Rand tells us that all he did was to be in the same room - a 20 x 20 room (for example) - with the infected person we would be more careful. If he told us he sat at a table directly across 5 feet away from the persons mouth, we'd know something else.

The very least the infected can do is to fully inform us. There is absolutely no harm in that and it's a way to build up knowledge.

My take is that it's not really easy to get. But that is just a guess because if is IS easy to get we will be at 100K cases in Florida alone soon. So I'm using my own eyes as a guess. But it would help if we had some real experiences.

Even quarantined these people could help us. But I guess, given his world view, he has zero obligation to do so.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:52 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
Atlas Coughed
Hah! & Eris vomited from disgust.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:11 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Paul had his lungs damaged when he was attacked by his crazy neighbor, such that he had to have part of a lung removed and suffered pneumonia. Seems he could be at larger risk for lung complications from Coronavirus .
I hope I am not reading this the way it might be coming across. Are you hoping he dies? Because if you are, this is the lowest point I have seen anyone sink to on here yet. I hope I am reading it wrong.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:13 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I hope I am not reading this the way it might be coming across. Are you hoping he dies? Because if you are, this is the lowest point I have seen anyone sink to on here yet. I hope I am reading it wrong.
The hate of the Left is so intense it is all they know....they have no compassion, mercy or hope....just hate every second they breathe.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:19 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Paul had his lungs damaged when he was attacked by his crazy neighbor, such that he had to have part of a lung removed and suffered pneumonia. Seems he could be at larger risk for lung complications from Coronavirus .
Agree he is likely at larger risk. Why isn't he taking greater precautions? Seems reckless.

Old 03-23-2020, 08:22 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Agree he is likely at larger risk. Why isn't he taking greater precautions? Seems reckless.
He did take precautions by taking a test even though he had no symptoms. That you purposely ignored that is reckless. Not that you care about the truth.

Old 03-23-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
One of the many faults of selfish individuals like Paul is that, even after they are infected, they don't clearly tell us - EXACTLY - how they got it.
One of the many faults of dishonest posts like this is that, even after the truth is out, they don't clearly care about the TRUTH.
Why don't you asked the hundreds of patients Dr Paul has helped free of charge and see if they think he's selfish? If you care about the truth, but you don't.

Quote:
The way human problems are solved - or dealt with - is led by sharing of experience.
Learning by mistakes. Which you obviously don't. Which is why you never discuss policy since the big government you support is a known failure.

You tried once and failed miserably.

Quote:
If ALL these Congress Critters that got the thing carefully detailed exactly how close they were - and how they interacted with the other infected, it would help the public understand both h the risks..and the lack thereof.

For example, if Rand tells us that all he did was to be in the same room - a 20 x 20 room (for example) - with the infected person we would be more careful. If he told us he sat at a table directly across 5 feet away from the persons mouth, we'd know something else.

The very least the infected can do is to fully inform us. There is absolutely no harm in that and it's a way to build up knowledge.
hahahaha So even with all the publicity the virus is getting you actually think people don't understand what's going on? hahahaha You must hang around some really ignorant people. We didn't know how bad it was until government tells us. hahahaha . More proof your want government to run your life. Adults run their own lives.

Quote:
My take is that it's not really easy to get. But that is just a guess because if is IS easy to get we will be at 100K cases in Florida alone soon. So I'm using my own eyes as a guess. But it would help if we had some real experiences.

Even quarantined these people could help us. But I guess, given his world view, he has zero obligation to do so.
How in the world an adult doesn't understand the risks and how people get this virus after all the publicity it is getting speaks volumes.

Old 03-23-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Dunno about their agenda but in the post you quoted, that was just a stated fact. Which is important since 2 weeks after Paul was at an event with someone who had it, Paul showed no symptoms. The symptoms will show quicker in someone like Paul who is more at risk.

The ones who don't care about the truth will ignore that and claim Paul got it right away and knew he had it. It's a sleazy move to say so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies