Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 02:32 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
He changed the prediction model because of the self isolation campaigns occurring in the UK....

If the UK and US had not done anything to mitigate transmission of the disease his original model still stands.

You should read the sources of your article.
You might want to re-read the article.

He changed his prediction model because the virus turned out to be more contagious than expected.
Far more people have the virus than was realized, and aren't going to the hospital or getting tested, implying that most of the infected have very mild symptoms.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:33 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
These ugly grifters will get kickbacks from their cronies.
Projecting what you all actually did and still do.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:34 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,647,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I have seen Ultraviolet light being used to sanitize hospital operating rooms instead of bleach and alcohol. I wonder if they could just make little "tanning beds" to put equipment like masks in to kill viruses? I know it works for bacteria, not sure for viruses.
UV light is categorized as UV-A, UV-B, or UV-C based on the frequency of the light. UV-C has long been used as a sanitizer and it works very well. It is not the frequency used in tanning beds. I certainly defer to someone who knows better.

Here's a device designed to sanitize a cellular telephone: https://www.phonesoap.com/products/p...e-uv-sanitizer

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
The USA is very soon going to be number one. In virus infections. Make America Great Again!

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1243015680045256707
Yes the USA will be #1 for infections on the worldometer list by tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Ya, its funny when precautions are taken, and people later say “it wasn’t a big deal because nothing really happened! We did all this for nothing!”...

Well.. ya because we took precautions...

The virus is relatively weak, as mentioned in the article.
There are probably millions already infected in America and UK who don't even know it.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:36 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Did Trump Administration Fire the US Pandemic Response Team?
True
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...pandemic-team/

Trump disbanded NSC pandemic unit that experts had praised
Public health and national security experts shake their heads when President Donald Trump says the coronavirus “came out of nowhere” and “blindsided the world.”

They’ve been warning about the next pandemic for years and criticized the Trump administration’s decision in 2018 to dismantle a National Security Council directorate at the White House charged with preparing for when, not if, another pandemic would hit the nation.

“It would be nice if the office was still there,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institute of Health, told Congress this week. “I wouldn’t necessarily characterize it as a mistake (to eliminate the unit). I would say we worked very well with that office.”
https://apnews.com/ce014d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

'Gross misjudgment': Experts say Trump's decision to disband pandemic team hindered coronavirus response
In May 2018, President Donald Trump’s biodefense preparedness adviser warned that a flu pandemic was the country’s No. 1 health security threat, and the U.S. was not prepared.

“We know that it cannot be stopped at the border,” Luciana Borio, director of medical and biodefense preparedness at the National Security Council, said at a symposium that day.

Borio left the Trump administration in 2019. Other high-level global health experts headed for the exits even earlier, after the White House dismantled the National Security Council’s global health security office.

The demise of that elite team is now under scrutiny as the Trump administration struggles to respond to the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump bristled when asked about his decision to disband the office at a news conference in the Rose Garden on Friday.

“I just think it's a nasty question,” the president responded. “And when you say ‘me,' I didn't do it. ... I don't know anything about it.”
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...se/5064881002/
Stop peddling the lie https://freebeacon.com/media/media-d...ndemic-office/

Old 03-26-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I guess that the thousands of corpses now lying in the morgues were just like a bunch of panicky 13 yr old girls!

Many more are dying from the regular flu, cancer, and heart disease. Should we panick for that?
Come back down to reality!

Old 03-26-2020, 02:37 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
the virus was no match for Trump.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:38 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
The virus is relatively weak, as mentioned in the article.
There are probably millions already infected in America and UK who don't even know it.

and there are probably thousands already infected who don't know that their relatives will be attending their funerals next week!

Old 03-26-2020, 02:38 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Ya, its funny when precautions are taken, and people later say “it wasn’t a big deal because nothing really happened! We did all this for nothing!”...

Well.. ya because we took precautions...

I knew that would be the reaction from Progressives, but it is total B.S. This can NOT happen again, and we need to minimize the impact of this one by getting people back to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies